Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
From the devs:

quote:

We are aiming to Open PoP on January 5th, 2022 if navmesh is stable enough for it. Anniversary is going to run from December 22 to January 4th.

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016
Yeah I saw a post and that is pretty exciting!

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
Christmas events are back, including scavenger hunt where you can turn in various items for rare goodies including a Guise of the Deceiver.

some other cool poo poo like serverwide raids on Mayong Mistmoore (the vampire himself!) scheduled as well. i want his blue glowy sword and Improved Damage IV robe somethin' fierce!

get hype for PoP!

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Is bard aoe swarm kiting a thing here? Also, is /melody in or was that added later?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

/melody was a later addition.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Inimicul posted:

Is bard aoe swarm kiting a thing here? Also, is /melody in or was that added later?

Aoe swarm kiting is a thing here. I leveled with a bard who did most of the way to 60 swarm kiting solo.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

milkman dad posted:

Aoe swarm kiting is a thing here. I leveled with a bard who did most of the way to 60 swarm kiting solo.

I think as long as bards don't like, train zones with people in them. There were some changes a few years ago because people will pull humongous 300 mob death balls and make the servers cry.

also ding 61 :v:

Spirit of the Woods seems like a cool as hell Druid AA, picked that one up right away.

People are sockin' hard, about 500 toons online. This is approximately primetime population from what I can tell - pretty good for a Wednesday in the middle of the day.

From the forums:
code:
 482 total characters online
 434 playing characters online
 208 unique forum names online
 48 traders online

88 unique 3 boxers
 50 unique 2 boxers
 70 unique 1 boxers
I'm actually super surprised at the 1boxer population!

Btw, a great site for tracking server pops in general: https://unixgeek.com/eqemu.html

also, could we update the thread title? PoP NOW!

cmdrk fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jan 5, 2022

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I just rolled a ranger and I'm struggling with the camera. Is that 3rd person fix/hack still available?

Edit: nvm
Through a combination of Alt, Num1, Insert and Delete I was able to get close. If there's an easier way, I would still love to see it.

Inimicul fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jan 5, 2022

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Inimicul posted:

I just rolled a ranger and I'm struggling with the camera. Is that 3rd person fix/hack still available?

Edit: nvm
Through a combination of Alt, Num1, Insert and Delete I was able to get close. If there's an easier way, I would still love to see it.

Welcome! Feel free to join the Goons chat channel:
/autojoin Goons
(I think)

Happy to give you a bit of coin and perhaps usable gear to get started, if you like. What's your character name?

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
That would be fantastic, thank you. I forgot how unforgiving the game was at level 1. Running around punching decayed skeletons hoping you see one with a cracked staff so you can buy backpacks... I joined the Goons channel but I haven't noticed anyone on all day.

Denanzin level 2 HEF Ranger.

Death On Toast
Aug 2, 2006
The better half of the Brothers Douche.
Folks still playing this? Getting a strong itch for a big nostalgic distraction these days, what with the state of the world being what it is.

I originally played EQ as Milesgloriosus on Rallos Zek before my guild all dispersed to WoW, played for a bit with goons on Ye Olde EQMac server in the months before it was shuttered (Dzathos and Pompeius was my SK/SHM duo), then spent a while on PEQ running a 6- and then 12-box crew (Brumbles and Milesgloriosus were my mains there, wound up doing basically everything through GoD before I wandered off).

I'm kinda leaning towards Pal/Dru, with a utility bard tagging along to play manasong and the like. If I stick with it, my endgame would be playing just a paladin in raid situations, but the EQ grind is long, so who knows where it will lead.

Good to see a couple names I recognize in this thread.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
I’ve kind of stopped playing because I don’t want to commit to the PoP flagging grind, but I will probably pick it up again if they remove the flagging requirements. As I recall, AlKabor didn’t have the flag reqs later in its life but the TAKP devs didn’t want people to immediately skip over some content and go straight to optimal zones.

My guild is still raiding regularly and I’ve never been in a friendlier EQ community. TAKP is good.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

I had to move about a year ago and while I was getting settled the guild leader in the guild I was in intentionally trained his membership, ghosted them for two weeks, and tried to come back and act like nothing happened.

Not typical takp culture though- it can be good but also recognize three boxing makes it almost an entirely different type of game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death On Toast
Aug 2, 2006
The better half of the Brothers Douche.
Welp. I guess I'm officially back on the Everquests. Milesgloriosus/Masstransit/Marrlowe is my Pal/Dru/Bard, just hitting 41. Currently doing some Hollowshade Moor wars to fill some slots and get free haste and FT1 items. Haven't seen another goon on the chat channel, but if anyone's still around, feel free to say hi.

Server seems super chill, which is great. Also: how have I leveled up on like 4 different servers/emus and am only now discovering that QCats is amazing.