Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

chamois posted:

u can't cancel fast

loving lmao

GD_American posted:

Hard R's get follow-ars

Hard Rs get Hendrick Cars still cracks me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
While they are all driving the same car, the teams manufacturer their own chassis, and it makes a huge difference to whether or not they can build it well or find loopholes or cheat.

Like how indy in its heyday you could buy chassis but most teams worked on them adding bits and pieces so the top teams were better that teams without R&D or using older chassis.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That reminds me. I hate the current Busch series for Abandoning The Short Tracks but then I heard Dale talking about when he got to the Busch series it was his first experience on a super speedway and I'm like... yeah probably good they run similar tracks huh.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Dale Jr is still a good listen, the the Bobby episode is really good especially considering his rep was Terry's boring little brother.

chamois posted:

u can't cancel fast

gently caress this still cracks me up.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The Pro Invitational is dumb bullshit, but at least it's dumb bullshit I can kinda get behind imo.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Owns

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Rear view cameras are in 24 hour races and are cool as hell.

The vette one even has like targeting so it warns you when a dentist and an LMP2 is dive bombing you from 500m back.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

harperdc posted:

Decided to check some of this poo poo show out, and apparently NASCAR are putting full race replays up on YouTube? And possibly even simulcasting the broadcast live as well? Could be because I'm outside the U.S. but that seems new.
I mean, COTA is a newer design, a longer track with a much more technical layout. Plus the rain :v: Sonoma and Watkins for NASCAR are both on layouts that encourage a bit more of a short-track mentality, if that makes sense. Road America is longer but still encourages good action.

(take NASCAR to Lime Rock Park is what I'm saying.)

It has to be, because last time I was in deep into NASCAR, and Australian TV stopped showing it (which they had for like, 20 years on various pay and free channels) I was annoyed to find out the replays took 2 weeks to go up.

Anyway, i'm not stupid enough to care about nascar anymore so it's no problem.

Jokes aside it's intermittently on streaming here and is uploaded pretty quickly onto YT.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

chamois posted:

the best driver should win, so it was a good race

U can't cancel fast

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

stealie72 posted:

I liked runner-up "NASCAR 2021: Hard "R"s Earn Hendrick Cars"

U can't cancel fast had me laughing for weeks.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
God Ganassi sucked if this goof keeps reeling off wins.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

shyduck posted:

Kyle Larson can eat poo poo

U can't cancel fast.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRMK6E736D8

Came across this on Youtube.

Why the gently caress are Dale Earnhardt, Ken Shrader and D Waltrip racing in an ARCA race?!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Was thinking of rewatching some races I missed this year.

Any stand outs?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Chili Bowl A Main is on shortly.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The state paid a bunch of money for NWS to reopen along with The Rock, so hopefully it comes back.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
For want of anything else I listened to some Dale Jr Download. I think it was mentioned that the DW episode was a great listen and it is. Especially Jr's enthusiasm with history.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The Harvick one where he tells the story at getting mad at his son not caring about qualifying so he told the steward to cancel his time to teach him a lesson cracked me up.

That and Dale not testing and Harvick going quicker with the new car but Dale not using it because he hated testing and new things.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Otoh the Ken Schrader pod. I have not laughed so hard in my entire life.

Dale Jr: *tells story about cheating using fuel*

Ken: I knew a fella who peed in the fuel sample once.

And it only gets funnier from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Another good one is Bobby Labonte used to play Papyrus Indy500 in the pits on a laptop when he wasn't in the car. What a legend lmao.

Also been watching 1998 Busch Series on YouTube. Bring back more short tracks imo.

Loved the Nasville Fairgrounds race, and Kenseth moving Smoke out of the way at The Rock.

Also Mark Martin is in like every race finishing 5th.