Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Going in blind to this but it already seems like a game I'll love. I found a shack, fixed it up and nearly destroyed it when cutting down trees. Amazing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Well, killed the first boss while wearing nothing but the starter tunic and using a little knife.

Game easy.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

A buddy jumped in my game and we headed over to the black forest for the first time.

I am not at all prepared for the swarms of baddies.
Though I got some skeletons to fight a shaman and that was a hoot.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Okay, the raven implied that I need to start digging down for new resources but when I get a couple feet down I just got water?

Also, I met a large fellow in the black woods and got him down to a sliver of health, I was feeling cheeky so I pulled out my knife for a coup de grace and he turned me in to mist.

It's so far away from camp!!!!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Wheeee posted:

Does this look like it's got legs, or is it another meme game that'll die out and be forgotten soon?

The building aspect is fun and interesting, it's fairly chill and you can get more than 10 hours out of it so it's well worth the price.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I am playing mostly solo and finally got to the second boss, who was WAY far out.

I set up camp within spitting distance of the altar and did some exploring first. Got my first THE FOREST IS MOVING which wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

Finally started the boss fight and legit scared me. I wasn't prepared at all. The best weapon I had on me was a crude bow and wooden arrows. I suspect some fire arrows will do the trick next time.

Once a boss is spawned, do they ever heal or despawn? The item for this one was a pain to get.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I need some help!

Something in this game is using the sound effect of when Simon gets hurt in Castlevania 4 and I can't figure out what it is.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Shoehead posted:

Here's one https://www.okaygotcha.com/2021/02/probably-stupidest-map-in-valheim.html?m=1

You basically have to follow the coast south for a bit and look for an island of black forest. there's a map in the story there for reference

This is making me loving howl

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I want to open my place up to randos but my compound is right next to the spawning altar.

Solo is very slow going but I just made a cart and I'm hoping to start going apeshit on ore.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

How often to the dungeons/burial mounds reset?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Midgetskydiver posted:

I don't think they do. We cleared a burial crypt like 80 game days ago and it's still empty.

Well gently caress.

If you pilfered the cubes but died and cant find your corpse then you could maybe not be able to make a forge.

Weird game.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Also, we either need limited inventory slots or a weight limit, not both.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Quantum Shart posted:

you can purchase weight limit increases

Purchase from who?

Is what why I keep finding coins in abandoned huts?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Sonel posted:

You can find an NPC in the black forest who trades coins for items. One of these items is a belt to increase the weight limit.

I wish the biomes were in their own sections.

For me the beginning spawn is on a tiny island surrounded by meadows. SE is the mountain and black forest, NW is kind of an archipelago that is also black forest.

SW is more black forest and meadows combined.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Since I'm solo, I kinda want to cheat engine parts of this but I know that once that gate is open, I won't be able to stop.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

MOTHERFUCKING PORTALS BEING CASE SENSITIVE CAN EAT MY rear end gently caress gently caress I WASTED SO MUCH TIME

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The sultring core RNG really is insane.

The first three dungeons I cleared had 1-2 cores. The fourth one had thirteen.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Also, if you are plucking stuff like berries or mushrooms, they pop out and then sit on the ground.
You don't need to hit E on them again. You'll vacuum them up if you're close enough.

Took me about two hours to figure that one out!!!!!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My map is hot hot dogshit. It's a ton of rivers and archipelagos. It's interesting but a hassle to navigate. I'm building bridges where I can but it's taking forever.

Anyone have a particular seed they like? Since i can port over my character, I'll just transplant all my stuff into something new.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Show me your houses and compounds!

I restarted, gonna cheat some materials because looking good is more important to me than laboring further (fun though it can be).

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Yeah, making running and jumping skills also increase your carry weight a bit would be fantastic.

Maybe only 100 total but enough to make it a nice reward.

*Cue a hundred youtube videos showing you how to farm running and jumping*

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

KingKapalone posted:

Is the merchant constantly on the move until you find him? Could he be back in the first black forest that we don't go in anymore at random times so we miss him?

Nope. He's generated at world spawn and never moves. He can be a bit hard to see, though.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Man, you folks are very impressive.

The best I did was a two-story American 4 square that ended up being too clustered.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Abisteen posted:

Streamer CohhCarnage made a couple of short tips videos regarding building/flattening ground that helped me out with both leveling some difficult spots and also saving some stone when extending buildable space outward.

Earth smoothing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmnapSrdEPg

Raising earth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAxplJ1KM20

Holy poo poo the second video especially is useful.

I'm currently building on a hilly meadow because I want to many levels on purpose but this will be great for the arena.

TeaJay posted:

It would be nice if they added something like bird nests you could loot feathers from. Sometimes it's really hard to find birds standing around and then arrows seem to go through some of them.

I had a bird try to land in the spot under some spikes and it died. Not controllable but it is funny.
Every time I return home at least a couple deer have killed themselves in noble sacrifice to my land.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I found that if you add a little shelf above your benches you can store your upgrades and save floor space.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Fishstick posted:

So many trees felled, but got a dock building and my wall done.

Those look awesome!

Game is pretty, y'all

Making a designated portal area

I finally figured out why I love this game so much aside form the obvious: It reminds me of summer camp.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Woden posted:

How do you get cheats to work?

I open the console, typed "iamacheater" but nothing works and all the commands under "help" stay the same. I even tried starting the world as multiplayer but nada, is this maybe a Linux issue or am I just being dumb?

Edi: yep ima dumbo.

It's all case sensitive.

Hit F5, type "imacheater", hit enter. It should say cheats are now on.

To get wood type, "spawn Wood 10"
Wood must be capitalized. Lester scraps would be "LeatherScraps".

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The range is "vaguely see his bubble in the distance", not multiple kilometers.

The tag that shows up is massive, though.

edit:
It's important to be organized

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Feb 19, 2021

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

:stare:
I started playing last night at about 6, blinked, and it was 11.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Lib and let die posted:

Yeah I got a feeling my weekend is about to evaporate

I visited a friend's place, he's a very creative guy, and was blown away with how much he's gotten done. He started after me but I did restart recently, so it makes sense.

He's at the iron age already which blows my mind but then I learned he's playing with four other people.

Now the very tiny part of me that is competitive wants to make something cooler than his place!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'll also make portals transport everything once it is possible because doing alllllll this solo is nearly impossible.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Protocol7 posted:

It has to be high enough to be the roof? I can vent my regular cooking campfires just fine, but I guess my bed is *juuust* out of reach of those. :(

I can figure out a more creative way to hide a nearby campfire.

I don't want to tell you how to design your stuff but why hide the fire when you can make it a feature?

If it's not patched, place two beams down and you can place a campfire on top of it. Frame it with some half-walls and you got a nice hearth going.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Holy poo poo snacks I was not ready for the swamp. Thankfully it's right next to the portal I set up to fight the Elder.

I thought the leeches would be much smaller :stare:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Cavauro posted:

does this game rule rear end? Does it rock your body.

It blows my hair back and tickles my balls.

I really wish that there was a mid-latr game item that was an immobile turret that shot arrows or magic bolts or something.

The base attacks are a lot of fun but it can be a bit much solo. Even though I have a moat and loads of spikes, waves of draugers blow through them very quickly.

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Feb 20, 2021

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Heyyyyyy so you know how some monsters will fight eachother, like Greydwarves love dying to skeletons?

I have Eikthyr and The Elder on the same island and they aren't THAT far away from eachother...

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I went on a quest to farm swamp keys because I thought they were consumable :negative:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Starks posted:

Did using beams for fires get patched? I can’t seem to do it.

Yeah and it's really burnin' my buscuits.

Sure I can make hearths now but that's not the point!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Just discovered that my starting island has about 100 sq feet of swamp in it for some reason.

Got to the proper swamp, died a half dozen times and barely made it out with a fuckload of iron.
Somehow got it to my boat and had to sail the opposite way around my island but discovered a great location for a harbor!

gently caress, I love this game so much.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

zeldadude posted:

Been spending most of my time in game on my base, I'm 15 hours in and haven't even gotten to the second boss yet :v:
Allow me to show off my mediocre starter base :shobon:

The main entrance

The back, trying to decide whether I want to make it big enough for a kiln and smelter or if I want to make that its own separate little hut.

storage under the stairs

said stairs that took me entirely too long to build

hella cozy :3:

2nd floor, no idea what i'm going to put up here at the moment

Looks great! I'm gonna steal that bannister idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Saxophone posted:

Turns out, having a 3rd party nintendo switch controller plugged into my PC to charge it causes bug game stutters.

Oy.

Is it 8Bitdo?
Update the firmware to 5.0