Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Can anyone recommend mods to cut down on tedium and make the game easier for very casual players? My family and I are wrapping up Grounded and looking at Valheim next. Our skills levels range from heavy duty survival / fighter veterans to literally their second game ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Grounded was excellent. I don't have much stomach for building or survival mechanics, so I went into Grounded ready to hate it. But the exploration, plot, and combat was good enough to make even my grumpy rear end deal with survival / building. I kinda doubt Valheim will be as... able to overcome that (from the few hours I played back at launch).

god do I hate collecting a hundred pig iron or whatever

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

A basic game mechanic like fishing should not be gated by something like discovering the trader. Like the other poster said, it sucks to see fish but have no way to catch them because you haven't found the magical dwarf who unlocks the only way to engage with that food source.

Build a windmill or a suit of iron armor? Sure. Tie a string to a stick? Only the gods know how.

my friends and I have been playing for probably 30 hours and not found him. we're actually doing the thing where we're sailing around now trying to find new Black Forest continents. it sucks.

e: we did find Hildir tho. yayyyyy

tokenbrownguy fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jan 26, 2024

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

wow. abominations.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

will the next patch break existing saves? my family and I have been playing for months. :|

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

Last time a biome was added, it didn't break saves. Any previously explored Mistlands areas on your map were messed up because the placeholder terrain was already written to the world and wouldn't be overwritten by going back there, but any unexplored Mistlands would populate as intended. I assume it will be the same way with the Ashlands here.

Thanks!