Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Friend was in the middle of the ocean for some reason on a raft, asked for a pickup and 2 of us went to scoop him up in the Karve. Shortly after we encountered our first Serpent and got chased to a nearby Swamp, got stuck between some trees and all of us got demolished by the swamp mobs, losing p much all our poo poo on us.

Came up with the greatest idea to make another Raft real fast and go back and get our poo poo. Made it halfway when we heard that Serpent screech.

12/10 will try again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Do those small islands out in the oceans hold anything of value?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Is there a trick to harpooning and pulling a Serpent to shallow waters? Besides getting the speed right?

Either we go too fast and the harpoon line breaks, or he's so close he's breaking our ship in the middle of the ocean. Haven't tried either yet, but can you have more than 1 harpoon active and attached? Or do we just make it follow us near to a shore and then harpoon up?

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Feb 18, 2021

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

MissMarple posted:

Our server is close to it's in-game anniversary, as the dawn of Day 365 approaches.
However, I want to know if anyone else has experienced, or knows of a direct source on, difficulty increasing with day number.

Around day 200 or so we started getting Brutes and Shamans spawning in the Meadows. Now (apparently, i've not been in today), there are Draugr occasionally appearing there. Is this a known feature - that the longer you run it the harder the world spawns get - or is it linked to something else (average tech level of people on the server, or number of bosses beaten or something).

It's frustrating because some people are forging ahead with getting themselves kitted out with later game equipment, but others on the same server are content building farms and houses... but the world is getting more dangerous for them too.

It's tied to beating bosses.

Bussamove posted:

I had no idea sea serpents had any drops except meat. Which is a good enough reason to go hunt them, admittedly.

The scales they drop make a really good shield that is better than the Iron one and has less of a speed penalty.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Feb 18, 2021

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Fart Car '97 posted:

It's OK and looks great but because it doesn't have a party bonus it's not as good as the smaller shields, which is very lame.

Yea, sorry should've added that i was just mostly comparing it with the iron shield since they are both same tier. If for some reason you do go tower shields over the round ones.

No parry is indeed lame

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

is there a boar limit

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

raverrn posted:

Occasionally I find scrap iron laying about in the swamp. Is it a rare drop from draugr, or what?

I know you farm it in crypts, but I'm talking about on the main swamp biome.

Oozers

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Is there a way to maybe help mushrooms spawn?

Besides running around with some settings set to low to help me see them. Mushrooms are such a drag and are our #1 bottleneck for making better foods and meads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Do tamed animals produce others of the same quality?

I've culled down my boar farm before to only a few 2 star ones and they only produce 2 stars yea.

Each one will provide 4 raw meat.