Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Today I built a village and sailed a boat up river and found some ore along the shores of the black forest, I tried sailing home in a storm that opened up on me because I wore out my axe fighting crap while I was mining. Figured I'd sail out to sea to avoid the huge rocks justting out of the shallows when the waves were low. Got most of the way home hugging the coast and then suddenly "ROAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHH" I didn't make it home

Game gud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Because of my schedule playing poo poo with other people just doesn't happen any more, not even with Goons. I miss it.

Uh anyway anyone know how to divide stacks? My boars are starving!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

KirbyKhan posted:

There was a seed posted upthread along the lines of "42069xdlol" that has that near/south of spawn.

Oh yeah if anyone is gonna use that, Google the map first because it's not due south a d going due south got me eaten by wolves lol

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Midgetskydiver posted:

I tried googling it and maybe didn't get the right name? Can you link it here? I'm interested because I have mapped about half of my main server and never have found that merchant.

Here's one https://www.okaygotcha.com/2021/02/probably-stupidest-map-in-valheim.html?m=1

You basically have to follow the coast south for a bit and look for an island of black forest. there's a map in the story there for reference

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Yeah atm all I want to do is build an entire town but even a full shack requires more than 2 full stacks of regular wood. I can't wait to get some stone building done but I feel like I've still a whole heap of prep to do.

Honestly atm I'm just switching between a home world and an expedition world because in single player I'll put up with either the grind or the long journey home but not both.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I finally found a swamp and immediately regretted going there, but once I got some Iron back I started working on my little town.

This is my Inn, it ended up being pretty tall in the end, which I probably wont do again unless I make a church.

The Bar area, it's pretty cosy!

I wanted an area to store mead and stuff in so the building partially has a basement. The stairs don't totally line up but whatever

This is the kitchen area, which is a separate building, it used to be a roof on stilts so I could have 4 fires going. Not finished obviously.

And finally upstairs! There are 2 private rooms and a small common area.

All in all a comfty place to sit

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I uhhh I really should have done more work today but they just extended our lockdown by 9 weeks so....

I tried to set down the stone paths and they were ugly as hell so instead I set about paving areas properly, this is a lot of stone that I dug out in my portal quarry.

Here's the bridge I wanted to build since I moved here, it leads back towards my tiny farmhouse I built on first night. The house with the chimney is an old abandoned one I fixed up. Also that little raft was a godsend, I dunno how else to make bridges, even if I can't sail under it.

And finally for today the side of my new house (with some of the stumps from the metric gently caress tonne of trees I needed to plant) and my smithy area which is closed off in case of fires

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Sachant posted:

Playing in cheat/creative sandbox mode and have been having a blast making this castle.

Those turrets are gorgeous. How did you get them to curve like that?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I spent a big long time the other day getting one line of wall down. I figure the walled in area is the richer area of town.

The only interesting part is the guard house atm.

Here's my pig farm, with a little spot for them to sleep, I'm actually gonna have to move this later, but I like their little house :3:

I made a whole rear end lighthouse. to get a huge fire in there I had to raise the land the whole way up and then trim the edges, you can't just plop it on stone like the others. It also just... goes out every 30 seconds...

My market area. This is pretty fun so far. I gotta see what I can and can't place on the stalls.

And finally for the moment, those vikings sure did like to poo poo in weird positions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

dialhforhero posted:

A few pages ago but someone said you cannot put a fire on stone and he rose the ground up to make a tower have a fire—you absolutely can if you do a stone floor tile. Not a wall tile, but floor tile. I do it all the time to make hearths.

I do too but I couldn't get the bonfire to fit on it so I raised the ground up. I dunno if they can be placed on those tiles normally either