Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

animist
Aug 28, 2018
ok so as far as i can tell we get a new Event about once a month. in early Jan we had the capital storming, in early Feb we had the GameStop bullshit. so that means we're due for another Event in roughly 2-4 weeks, or 9-12 news cycles. what's it gonna be.

i'm guessing total post office failure. straight up nothing gets delivered for several weeks, in multiple states. a bunch of people will loudly complain, but the media will quickly get bored and stop reporting on the problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

animist
Aug 28, 2018

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

real answer: march 2021 will be march 2020 except this time with the covid variants taking off. things get bad and the economy will briefly take a fat poo poo before getting propped back up with another round of brrrrrr. nothing matters.

obviously yes. but what wacky thing do you think will be the main news item

Flunky posted:

the shitters in the white house will overflow and republicans will call it the brown house for 4 years

this is what im talkin about

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Tricky D posted:

Without warning, one out of every ten human men, women, and children in every country around the world transforms into new genus types, typically called an “ork” or “troll.” This devastating change then occurs in utero or in children who suffer the change just after puberty. The Media calls this change “Goblinization.”

this, but everybody outside the media will just call it "the scrungle" because of some lovely meme that goes viral

animist
Aug 28, 2018
Massive cargo ship turns sideways, totally blocks Suez Canal

quote:

Dubai, United Arab Emirates — A cargo container ship that's among the largest in the world has turned sideways and blocked all traffic in Egypt's Suez Canal, officials said Wednesday, threatening to disrupt a global shipping system already strained by the coronavirus pandemic.

The MV Ever Given, a Panama-flagged container ship that carries trade between Asia and Europe, became grounded Tuesday in the narrow, man-made waterway dividing continental Africa from the Sinai Peninsula.

It wasn't immediately clear what caused the Ever Given to turn sideways in the canal. GAC, a global shipping and logistics company, described the Ever Given as suffering "a blackout while transiting in a northerly direction," without elaborating.

Evergreen Marine Corp., a major Taiwan-based shipping company that operates the ship, said in a statement provided to The Associated Press that the Ever Given had been overcome by strong winds as it entered the Suez Canal from the Red Sea but none of its containers had sunk.

can't believe nobody guessed this would happen.

also @ whoever said "mass shooting", we've had a few of those now too so you win as well.

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Orange Devil posted:

This is a good point.

I'd like to amend my guess to having another nuclear launch facility showing up in Cuba except nobody knows whose it is.

i knew the vatican was up to something