Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alexandriao

sk posted:

hello and welcome to byob! i recommend hanging out, chilling, and being cool

pfft you recommend that to everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alexandriao

OP you can use

quoting:"username"

in search to see.

I wrote a thread parser a while back to get notifications about when i should post to get a page snype a while back, it wasn't that difficult. Search is limited to every ten ish seconds mind you, and there's probably further limiting when you poll more often. I'd recommend something set to 15m

edit: automated page snype notifications script here: https://tpaste.us/X1Be

Yours will have to be more complex because you want to check the content of the search results and parse those out. Wouldn't be that difficult to use an xml parser to extract the content, or just find the exact tag and grab everything between it I guess.

alexandriao fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Feb 13, 2021

alexandriao

hbag posted:

...or, y'know, i could just have it scan whenever i ask it to, because im not THAT anal about replying at lightning speed

I actually kind of like hate the fact i can never see when the fcuk anyone has responded to my AWESOME rear end posts. It's really annoying but ive learned to ignore it calming and soothing on the soul :kimchi:

alexandriao

Glutes Are Great posted:

Checking for posts is what we call lurking, then you're reading posts rather than making posts and therefore you're a lurker, who, by law, must post

I recommend not lurking and always posting, it saves a lot of effort

but with machines we can now automate the lurkers..... what hath technology wrought