Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Quite stylish!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Whooping Crabs posted:

an amazing plain cake doughnut; slightly crunchy on the outside and soft and cakey in the middle.

Honestly, that’s just the best way to do it. One town over from where I grew up, there was what was basically a donut truck, sitting by the entrance of a locally-owned grocery store on the edge of town, and that’s how the guy there [and his family I suppose] made his donuts. You could get them plain or with a modest sprinkle of powdered sugar, and they were pretty fantastic. They’ve been at it since the ‘30s, even after that grocery store where they stayed parked closed in the late ‘90s and in recent years turned into a [lmao] Planet Fitness

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Kenning posted:

Lust after cherimoya instead!

I tried a cherimoya once a few years ago, and I think must have been a combination of being in Ohio and that it must have been out of season, but it seemed like an expensive pear to me. I was disappointed, but I’m not going use my experience to say they are bad!

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Kenning posted:

Honestly, "expensive pear" isn't too far off, although a perfectly ripe cherimoya has a custardy delicacy that is pretty special. That said, I've tried to carry them home like a middle school egg baby from the specialty market before and ended up with a gross bruised mush that was no good plenty of times, so it might not be something that is reasonable to eat if you live more than 20 yards from the tree. Alas.

Yeah, that’s the thing, I didn’t get the custard-like consistency that they’re known for, so I missed out. The one I had didn’t bruise at all, but it wasn’t very ripe at all, which was the issue. Oh well. Maybe if I’m ever in California or something, idk

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

AlbieQuirky posted:

(Also, the sauce is weirdly shiny.)

Is it, maybe, barbecue sauce…?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Today I learned that Haley Joel Osment was hazed with cereal torture

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

dog nougat posted:

The combo pb&j stuff is also a thing, but sucks rear end to portion out and I'm not aware of people actually buying it beyond the novelty or out of sheer laziness. I mean they obviously do since it still exists as product after 40-ish years.

About 35-ish years. I grew up in Smuckers Land, OH; just managed to get out of working in the jelly mines as a child. When I was in first grade in 1986-‘87, we all got to sample it before it went into retail. That was the last time I tried it. And if I remember correctly, one of the girls in my class said the jelly part burned :shrug:

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

One day there’s going to be something straight out of rotten.com tossed in amongst the cake chicanery

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Livin’ life for the ‘gram, yeah of course it’s hollow

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Better a Donner kebab than a Bruckheimer kebab imo

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I always have Enrique chelate my seaweed before tucking in

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Hotdogs and mushrooms, together at last!

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Grilled meatloaf with charcoal garnish