Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

unl33t posted:

For those wondering how Adrian could be broke, I submit this photo from his 30th birthday party:

Man, everyone enjoys a good hump on their birthday!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Ornery and Hornery posted:

No, but Frank Gore will.

Check this post in 2030, when we all raise a champagne flute to toast the eternal back, Frank Gore.

Guy is holding out till his kid is in the NFL, then they are going to sign for the same team and secretly switch jerseys. Frank Gores will retire as the NFLs all-time leading rushers.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

unl33t posted:

For those wondering how Adrian could be broke, I submit this photo from his 30th birthday party:

Don't forget this was also a celebration of his forced reinstatement and he gave absolutely zero indication that he had any remorse for abusing his child!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Jivesauce posted:

Don't forget this was also a celebration of his forced reinstatement and he gave absolutely zero indication that he had any remorse for abusing his child!

Remorse? A while back he said he’s still doing it.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Slowpoke! posted:

Guy is holding out till his kid is in the NFL, then they are going to sign for the same team and secretly switch jerseys. Frank Gores will retire as the NFLs all-time leading rushers.

it’s actually franks gore

nah
Mar 16, 2009

unl33t posted:

This was 60 years ago, people did things different then

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

dont know

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yea ok posted:

dont know

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Wasn’t he like 5 yards from breaking the single season record? How do you not get that.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Always giving us Something To Think About

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Don’t worry, Derrick Henry will get the single season record in a year or two.

*17 game season but I’ll take it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Wasn’t he like 5 yards from breaking the single season record? How do you not get that.

if I had to guess, probably because he’s a little pussy bitch or something

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He had 34 carries for 199 yards in that last game with Christian Ponder as his QB. That said, they were feeding him as much as possible, including him getting six carries for 37 yards on their final drive, with the last being a 26-yard run with like 15-seconds left, but they ran out of timeouts and were in field goal range in a game they needed to win against Green Bay to make the playoffs.

It was a good game and it's on YouTube for those curious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGcRHUT42Dw

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

MUHAHAHAHA!!

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

to this day it bothers me that Megatron was like 50 yards away of being the first person to have 2k receiving yards in a season

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Mystic Stylez posted:

to this day it bothers me that Megatron was like 50 yards away of being the first person to have 2k receiving yards in a season

Yeah but this actually makes sense because the Lions are awful and hate their superstars.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Peterson

Wikipedia posted:

Adrian Lewis Peterson (born March 21, 1985) is an American football running back who is a free agent.

There's still a chance. He's waiting by the phone.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

we're all waiting by the phone now.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Mystic Stylez posted:

Jamal Lewis was 5 yards away from 300 but Billick took him out of the game early. That still makes me mad because if we'd let him run it just to get over 300 he'd still have that record and hit that milestone. And maybe would be the only person to ever go over 300 yards for eternity.

With the way RBs are used nowadays I doubt anyone will go near Smith's record or really get close to 300 yards in a game.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Sep 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Kawalimus posted:

Jamal Lewis was 5 yards away from 300 but Billick took him out of the game early. That still makes me mad because if we'd let him run it just to get over 300 he'd still have that record and hit that milestone. And maybe would be the only person to ever go over 300 yards for eternity.

With the way RBs are used nowadays I doubt anyone will go near Smith's record or really get close to 300 yards in a game.

There was a 2001 Rams/Panthers game where Marshall Faulk had 183 yards on 15 carries by the half and while it was the undeniably correct decision to take him out of the game (we won 48-14, it was way over by half) all I remember thinking was "Oh poo poo he might crush the record today"

CocoaNuts posted:

MUHAHAHAHA!!

I love that ED just straight up does not want anybody to beat his record and is honest about it. Like gently caress yeah I wouldn't wanna be dethroned either.