Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Malört is delicious, I will not stand for this either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

AARD VARKMAN posted:

it's a bunless dog underneath, might be slaw? And cheese. Been seeing some weird slaw lately like this yellow one:

I refuse to believe there's coleslaw in this photo

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Wifi Toilet posted:

but that's been off the market for [spooky ghost voice] 20 years!

hot dog thread making me feel my own mortality, the world is healing

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I'd try the dog, fuckit. God is dead let's gooooooo

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

dr_rat posted:

The chili doesn't look great sure, but you can't dismiss it out right.

oh yes I can

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Kuma's is great

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Yeah all those things are awesome, give me a catfish fry :yum:

Escargot was good though, I had it recently for the first time. Didn't come in the shells, in the little ramekin thing, but they were good. Pleasantly chewy and a kinda briney flavour

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Fish fries are a thing here in WI. The classic Friday fish fry. If a bar serves food then chances are it might have one.

It's usually cod (as a standard), perch, bluegill, or walleye. Each has their perks (I'm kinda done with cod these days though).

Catfish is where it's at but it's rare up here. I've only found it maybe 2-3 times at a local place.

Oh yeah I've had my share of fish fries, I moved to WI a few years back, also grew up in western Illinois.

My buddy's high school graduation was his dad just doing a massive fish fry. I ate too fuckin much but it was worth it. I'll never tire of bluegill

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Philthy posted:

Man, I never knew WI was the only place Friday Fish Fry's were normal.

Nobody said this, I've seen them all over but it's A Big Thing in WI for sure

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Culvers is brining back their massive cheese curd burger. I haven't had it but I want to try it because whenever I'm there I order a side of curds anyway. As far as I know the cheese is under no pressure and won't explode on you.

I hope the Culver's I go to doesn't run out, I wanted to go get one but they ran out despite the ads saying there'll be plenty and it's not an LTO thing

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

Witness finnish food science: the double dog!

What the gently caress how are the condiments on the inside

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I had never heard of the McDLT before lol, what an amazing concept

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Literally A Person posted:

Also a burger is NOT a sandwich.

yeah, it is

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Sure, yeah, everything is a drat sandwich. A taco is a sandwich, a hard roll with mustard is a sandwich, a dog turd in a croissant is a drat sandwich. gently caress this hosed up future we live in.

:ok:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

People were loving stupid as poo poo in the past. Of course they thought it was a sandwich. They were idiots.

there's no "thought", it is a sandwich

your histrionic posting about it is weird as hell

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

No. 6 posted:

Most donuts are trash.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

cake donuts are the worst

wrong so fuckin hard, smdh

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Cast iron, well seasoned claw :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Grew up eating and still eat the Morningstar Farms veggie corn dogs though. Always seemed perfectly fine to me tbh

Morningstar makes such good veggie stuffs, we still buy them even though my partner isn't veggie anymore