Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Szyznyk posted:

The worst hot dog was the Burger King hot dog. How a seemingly normal hot dog could give a person worse heartburn than an Ocala Indian restaurant is beyond me, but the King managed it.

that poo poo was pretty bad

no idea how you can gently caress up a hotdog but welp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

i want to gently caress that torta

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

Being a Swamp Yankee 'Murrican, I learned a liberating method for eating sandwiches, especially items that might be more difficult to handle from some French collegues: using cutlery such as a knife and fork.

Grabbing certain foods in my fist is one of those things that is so ingrained in me that I would have never even thought of something different had someone else not simply just done it. Like a goddam post-it note. It's liberating and a whole combination of menu items can be applied right then and there. You want a fry on your burg? Do it. You want no fry on you burg? Skip it.

A thing of beauty after a night of drinking.

So that hotdog sandwich :smuggo: slathered with goo? GRAB MAH GOTDANG EATIN IRONS AND TAKE THAT THING DOWN

I know I know, it's fairly common outside the US, but whatever. This is my story thanks for listening.

Pretty sure those cops were there to shoot anyone who tried eating that with fork and knives. That's worse than a felony.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
im loving starving now

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Man, why don't we see crazy Brazilian burger stands at all the state fairs. People would go nuts for that stuff. Follow it up with a deep fried stick of butter for desert.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
chinese peanut butter chicken is amazing, i thought it would be gross af but if I go into somewhere that has it ill eat that all day long

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Junkie Disease posted:

I'm having a hell of a time trying to find awful food videos of this poo poo. Found only one of the steak cup.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkr5jDWsPPY&t=371s

Actually watching them hand cook everything makes it not as terrible as just a vat of steak-soup thats been sitting under a warmer that they spoon into the lid or something.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
im so lost

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

Is this a hot dog?

Tunnbrödsrulle !

quote:

Tunnbrödsrulle is comprised of mashed potatoes, sausage or hot dogs, lettuce, shrimp salad, mayonnaise dressing, onions, ketchup and mustard and is served wrapped up in a tortilla or flatbread.

They're a drunk food, and supposed to be loving amazing. I have had Sweden on my todo list just to try one of those since Bourdain had it on his show like 20 years ago.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI0Evb9A9yM&t=229s

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

toiletbrush posted:

the hotdog in that looks like one of the thin measly dried up shits my neighbour's Yorkshire terrier turds out around the cemetary at the end of the road

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPCytfxNU7Y

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I've watched a fair number of this guy's videos and I can't figure out what he's saying just before he starts eating and when he starts his after-the-fact commentary

yah me either and it drives me nuts

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
i made a ghetto USAUSAUSAUSA version of the Tunnbrödsrulle with one big flour tortilla, a pile of mashed potatoes, a bunch of seafood salad, two premium(what) local hotdogs, ketchup, mustard, mayo, crunched sour cream and onion chips on top. Rolled it all up into a funnel and devoured it. It was pretty god drat good for what it was, honestly.

realized i should have taken a pic as a lil bite of tortilla was left

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

I believe you're making statements about the quality of this meal that I find hard to take at face value

I think the end result is that hotdogs and mashed potatoes can go with pretty much everything within reason. I'd prefer a Chicago dog but if I was drunk and someone was selling these I'd buy two.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

seriously though guys what is this

tonsil stone burger

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
jesus

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
man, the bun is even split all the way through

helldog

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I don't see the QUADR0-P0UNDER either.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Needs more cheese.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
That dude is totally going to gently caress it.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

bukkake dog

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I would eat every single one of those without hesitation.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I feel for him a little. When you can't get it boiled in beer, may as well dunk that poo poo.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Those huge pork tenderloins are a thing all over. It's all about the breading.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

david_a posted:

Well, it’s off to the side so you can dress it yourself. There’s probably some tomatoes/onions/pickles etc hiding underneath next to the bottom bun.

Also an Indiana resident and I’ve only personally eaten ones where you have to fold it over once to reasonably fit it on the bun. Any bigger than that and it’s a gimmick. Not sure how you’re supposed to consume these absurd ones.

It's kind of a joke, you're meant to just eat it with a fork and knife. Some places will have a huge bun, but the obvious ones you just dump some sauce on it and chow down.

They're delicious.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
once it goes in, it never comes out

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

DoombatINC posted:

god ive been craving those foil wrapped prison burgers for a minute

chain gas stations usually have them

they got that $15 ballpark taste for $1

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
you will die alone

reduce onion ratio by 356% and dice what is left over

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
id try it

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I'd try it. I'm a sucker for just throw the whole kitchen sink on something and eat it.

I usually regret it because half of it ends up all over the table, and my face looks like a baby with it's first birthday cake, but sometimes you gotta take risks.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I would eat it in like 15 mins.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

What about a hot dog on a hamburger? I know of at least one US franchise does this. I have mixed feelings

It's missing a brat on top of the dog.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
gunna xzibit that dog

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
:awesome:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

ekuNNN posted:

"This is a hot dog in Brazil, that one is specially big, is from Curitiba, is famous for being enormous, is almost 2kg (4.47 pounds)
BUT is a good representation of what goes on Brazilian hot dogs, mashed popatoes, tomatoes, corn, cheese…. Yeah
and I think that’s beautiful "
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rbu7uayI2m1wl5p0i.mp4

$4 converted. That would be $30 here in the states. $60 in Vegas.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
they're all precooked already, you can eat em whatever

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I'd eat a normal sized one. Looks like hot dog, mexican salsa w corn, slaw, mashed potatoes, cheese, way too much mustard/mayo/ketchup, shoestring potatoes, bacon/ham mix, and probably other weird poo poo.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

The raccoons will lobe me forver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

art