Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how good is it that rush limbaugh died
very good
extremely good
insanely good
View Results

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Can we talk about the elephant in the room (Not Rush I mean): Why was his name Rush?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Don't forget his crimes against interior design:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Did the cancer that killed rush die with him? if so that's a bit sad.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Rush Limbaugh day is dead:

quote:

'Rush Limbaugh Day' stripped from designations bill

JEFFERSON CITY — There will be no annual “Rush Limbaugh Day” in Missouri, at least for now.

The proposed day honoring the late controversial talk-radio host was removed from SB 72 by a conference committee, whose report was approved by the Senate Wednesday.

The bill originally passed by the Senate in February only contained language creating a “Missouri Fox Trotter Week.” In the House, more than a dozen amendments were added, including one to create “Rush Limbaugh Day.”

After the conference committee process, the bill approved by the Senate is left with 11 designations — with none honoring Limbaugh.

Those designations include: Law Enforcement Appreciation Day, Random Acts of Kindness Day, Mark Twain Day, Iron Curtain Speech Day, John Jordan ‘Buck’ O’Neil Day, Missouri Fox Trotter Week, Walthall Moore Day, Limb Loss Awareness Month, Pioneering Black Women’s Day and Hazel Erby Day.

Pioneering Black Women’s day would honor Gwen B. Giles, the first Black woman to serve in the Missouri Senate.

The bill would also designate the Gateway Arch in St. Louis as the official state monument.

The potential for a “Rush Limbaugh Day” came with a great deal of controversy, mostly due to the varying opinions on the man himself.

Many credit Limbaugh, who was born in Cape Girardeau and died in February, with creating a conservative movement — with his voice airing through the speakers of millions of Americans’ radios.

“Rush demonstrated courage to speak boldly and encouraged his listeners and viewers to reach for their dreams and to push onward beyond the naysayers and discouragers that we all encounter in life,” Rep. Sara Walsh, R-Ashland, said when the day was being debated in the House.

For his critics, Limbaugh was at best divisive and at worst bigoted.

Limbaugh was known for many controversies, including mocking the deaths of members of the LGBTQ community during the AIDS epidemic.

Limbaugh also claimed early in the COVID-19 pandemic that the virus was merely a “common cold” being “weaponized” against then-President Donald Trump. Trump awarded Limbaugh with the Presidential Medal of Freedom in February 2020.

“To be clear: there is NOTHING about Rush Limbaugh that I want to celebrate,” Rep. Keri Ingle, D-Lee’s Summit, said in a tweet Tuesday.

Attempts to name a portion of Interstate 55 in Cape Girardeau after Limbaugh have also stalled.

https://www.columbiamissourian.com/...9dadd18278.html

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Animal-Mother posted:

Did Limbaugh ever have an interview or a debate on somebody else's show? He was able to create this illusion that he was a serious political thinker (to the chuds) because he did a one-man radio gig where you can screen calls, you're on a delay so you can dump out if somebody says something you don't want heard, you can just talk over a caller if you feel like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNK4byQkn7w

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Did Rush have any famous or memorable bits that Rush fans will be quoting for years to come?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I'm trying to determine if Rush has some kind of comedy legacy that will live on like Monty Python? Or will people just move on with their lives?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWLFq5F3C8o

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I wish Rush Limbaugh was still alive so he could die from covid.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAxV3wwp8b4

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
It's a private cemetery but the fence doesn't look that high.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
He's going to meet the queen soon.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Rush has come back to life.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
April Fools

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua3fLD-vPlA

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Genesplicer posted:

I wonder where is Medal Of Freedom is being displayed. Perhaps at the University named in his honor? Or in some national library? Perhaps the Smithsonian? Perhaps we will never know.

His (4th) wife probably has it.

Which reminded me of this:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

OMGVBFLOL posted:

pourin out some prescription opiates for the homie no longer with us

Rush would never waste opiates like that.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Pat Robertson just died, maybe him and Rush can get together in hell.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Radio Nowhere posted:

Will Pat’s thread turn into a regular reminder he’s dead, or just save my urine for Rush?

I mean they say you should never cross the streams.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Imagine having a 155 million dollar house and not being alive to enjoy it lmao

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
This thread is really beating a dead Rush horse at this point.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
In addition to being dead, we know he lived with excruciating pain for much of his life.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh argued that drug abuse was a choice, not a disease. He later became addicted to painkillers.

Debates on the distribution, sale, and use of illegal drugs have been prominent in United States politics for the past several decades. Political commentator and talk show host Rush Limbaugh has become well known for his outspoken opinions on a number of political and social issues, including drug abuse.

During his talk show on October 5, 1995, Limbaugh stated:

“There’s nothing good about drug use. We know it. It destroys individuals. It destroys families. Drug use destroys societies. Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up.”

Limbaugh argued that drug abuse was a choice, not a disease, and that it should be combatted with strict legal consequences.

In October 2003, news outlets reported that Limbaugh was under investigation for illegally obtaining prescription drugs. Limbaugh illegally purchased hundreds of prescription pills per month over a period of several years. He engaged in the practice of “doctor shopping” by visiting different doctors to obtain multiple prescriptions for drugs that would otherwise be illegal. When this was disclosed, Limbaugh checked into a treatment facility. He said:

“Over the past several years I have tried to break my dependence on pain pills and, in fact, twice checked myself into medical facilities in an attempt to do so…. I have recently agreed with my physician about the next steps.”

Though doctor shopping was punishable by up to five years in prison under Florida law, charges against Limbaugh were dropped after he sought help and agreed to the prosecutors’ settlement. Limbaugh has said that he became addicted to painkillers as a result of serious back pain.

1. How would you describe Rush Limbaugh’s fundamental attribution error in this case? Explain.

2. Do you think Limbaugh’s own drug addiction would change his opinion on drug abuse and his judgment of people using or affected by illegal drugs? Why or why not?

3. If you were a regular listener of Limbaugh’s talk show, how might the disclosure of his drug addiction affect your opinion of him? What if you were not a regular listener?

4. Can you think of any other examples of the fundamental attribution error apparent in popular media? Describe an example and explain why it would be a case of fundamental attribution error.

5. Can you think of any examples of the fundamental attribution error from your own life? Describe and explain.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
“The old Limbaugh can’t come to the phone right now… he’s dead.”

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Let this thread die, like Rush.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
While were on the topic, is radio in general on the decline?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
A modern-day warrior
Mean, mean stride
Today's Tom Sawyer
Mean, mean pride

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw6aWbXL5Mc

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWRMOJQDiLU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
On his deathbed Rush Limbaugh received the light of Islam and unhesitatingly recited the Shahāda. Even now he looks down on the Ummah from the gardens of Jannah. Truly there is no god but God, and Mohammed is his prophet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eSlvoO3Vw8