Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

I was trying to make a thread yesterday and couldn't think of what to put in it. I made this bad photoshop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

loving yikes. I am sorry, Eloy Jimenez fans.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Closer Carousel is in full swing with all these injuries.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

What happened to Adalberto? How do you strain an oblique on your day off?

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

coronaball posted:

And in a semi-related question, when are guys like Soroka and Sonny Gray going to be put on the IL?

Yeah what is going on? This is very bizarre.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

I saw him play Dominican ball and I'm just as baffled as you are.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

RIP Fernando Tatis Jr.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

https://twitter.com/nickpiecoro/status/1379985615060602885

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Schweinhund posted:

Not getting an update on Ketel Marte by this point is not encouraging.

That they put him on the IL immediately before getting an MRI is really bad, and yeah not hearing anything makes me think it's the kind of hamstring problem that leaves him out for 5-6 weeks at a minimum. He was the only guy performing for me. :qq:

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

CocoaNuts posted:

Guys I regret drafting (so far), volume 2,931:

Mike Yastrzemski -- I foresee a recovery, at least I hope

Jordan Hicks -- he has a 0.00 ERA but no saves and one hold in 4.1 innings (I thought he'd close more games)

Bobby Dalbec -- Tempted to bail on him but I have him in a 20-team league so it's slim pickings on the wire. Travis Shaw is the #1 pick up available right now, but I've been burned by Shaw before and don't trust his production will hold.

Yaz got drilled by a pitch on his hand and now he's awful. I hope he does recover soon. If not he's hiding an injury.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

I don't think I'm winning my pitching categories this week.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Kyle Lewis is back today, hurray.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Is Zach Plesac incapable of beating the White Sox? Woof.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

I think Buster Posey is healthy and feeling better.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Kenta Maeda :negative:

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

The Pussy Boss posted:

Someone dropped Laureano in a Yahoo prize league. He's tied for the league lead in steals. I'm gonna try to get him since I can drop Kirilloff who hasn't done dick yet. But how nuts should I go in FAAB bucks? The 8 bags looks fluky; he only stole 15 in 2019+2020. Is he legit?

I didn't play Yahoo leagues last year so it was surprising that FAAB is the default now. Think I liked the old way better. Guessing how much to bid for players stresses me out, lol.

This year I've been terrible at guessing how much dudes are worth in FAAB so I would say add a couple to whatever your gut first instinct says.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Dustin May just left a game clutching his arm. :negative:

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Why isn't Sixto Sanchez on the IL? Dude hasn't played all season.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Luis Castillo, Lucas Giolito, Kenta Maeda? No, you should have drafted John Means with your last pick if you wanted an ace :smugdog:

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Hell yes time to drop.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Meanwhile there are like 4-5 legit aces who are having awful years and can't get anyone out.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

drat did anyone get Tatis back in their lineup for today's dinger?

Edit: He's now gone 4-4. :lol:

General Bullshit fucked around with this message at 00:01 on May 20, 2021

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Activerto Mondesi :thumbsup:

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

The Pussy Boss posted:

I've dropped Kyle Lewis. When he hits 8 home runs this week, you can thank me.

He was starting to heat up and then he busts his knee again. This season is torture with the injuries.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Schweinhund posted:

Mondesi is hurt again :emo:

I thought I was being smart drafting him and staying away from Buxton but alas :negative:

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Marte wasn't even running hard, and hasn't been since he's returned from the IL. What the hell.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Schweinhund posted:

Ketel Marte back in the lineup tonight

Schweinhund posted:

Ketel Marte hurt again..........................

Just :lol: at this poo poo. Fire the entire Diamondbacks organization.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

The Pussy Boss posted:

Players I drafted, then dropped, and wish I hadn't:

Kyle Schwarber
Austin Riley
Ryan Mountcastle

Understandable on all three. They looked lost at times.

You could be me and draft Lourdes Gurriel way too loving soon and have him languishing on your bench all season.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Inspector_666 posted:

Hello, it is I, the Brandon Lowe in the 6th round drafter here to tell you about bench languishing!

The Rays have a weird habit of benching a guy who seems to be emerging from a slump. They did it twice to Randy Arozarena and now they're doing it to Brandon Lowe who actually dingered off a lefty.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Ronald Acuna Jr :rip:

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Inspector_666 posted:

Hitting drop on him was physically painful.

I'm in a league where you can only keep two guys and I have Acuna, Ohtani, and Tatis. Not sure if I keep him next season if he's missing opening day.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I think it depends on if Tatis gets shoulder surgery in the offseason and how that effects him for opening day as well.

I seriously thought Tatis would be out all year and here he is thriving on one healthy shoulder blade. So strange.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

I hope this Duran fellow is good, I just need him to replace the production of Ronald Acuna Jr.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Does position eligibility for ESPN count games started at a position or games played at a position? Shohei Ohtani has 5 games in the outfield.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

coronaball posted:

It says in the rules that it's games played, but the threshold is 10 games, not 5.

Yeah I'm counting until 10. I am hoping Joe keeps putting him in RF/LF after starts. Ohtani with OF eligibility down the stretch? Yes please.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Blue Jays and Nationals just got PPD'ed.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Taijuan Walker :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Shohei is 3 games away from OF eligibility. Fernando Tatis Jr is 2 games away in ESPN. :unsmigghh: