Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Hi, I'm just getting back into fantasy stuff now, but I'd be down for a goon redraft league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Doltos posted:

Any regular 20 dollar goon leagues going on? Yahoo is usually a little late for them due to covid scheduling.

If not, we could start one.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

First Yahoo Prize League of the year. Planning on doing 4 or 5. (12 team standard 5x5)

C: Grandal
1B: Voit
2B: Muncy
3B: Donaldson
SS: Gleyber
OF: Acuña, Teoscar, Joc
UT: Riley, Mountcastle

SP: Kershaw, Giolito, Ryu, Wheeler, Soroka, Kluber, Smyly, Pearson
RP: Will Smith, Bradley, Pagan, Barnes, Jake McGee

A typical draft for me, I loaded up on starting pitching and waited on closers. Had the 1st pick, good way to start, considered Betts and Trout but it's hard to go wrong.

Took Kershaw and Giolito at the 2-3 turn. Scherzer lasted alllll the way until one pick before me. I'm startled to see him drop in ADP this year. Is his velo down or something? Seems like he's SP 3 after Cole and DeGrom, to me.

Drafted Voit at 48 and immediately started 2nd guessing. The upside is so massive but the track record is iffy. But with 2 UTIL slots you gotta prioritize power hitters IMO

Missed out on Fried by 1 pick in the 8th. Got Teoscar as a consolation prize. I own him in every league so far, guess I'm a believer

Drafted Donaldson in the 15th because I ran out of time. Hadn't looked into him much, looks like he was bad last year? Still, who knows about 2020 stats? Wish I took Civale or Dom Smith instead

Overall an OK draft. I don't love it.I think I'd rather pick 3rd or 4th this year with all the talent at the top.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1375147322116542467

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

so yeah I have a bit of a gambling problem lmao. Lied about my last draft being my last draft. Did another today, and will probably do one sunday. drat off days and having nothing to do.

This one went pretty well, pretty happy with it. Got some nice steals like Bogaerts at 34 and Moncada at 87. And gotta love the Haniger and Walsh and Davies picks to end it.

Moncada at 87 is nice, dunno if It's a steal tho. I don't love your starting pitching but that's personal preference, I tend to prioritize top SPs. Some risk on this roster with guys like Myers, Lynn, Hanger, but I like the upside

The Pussy Boss fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Mar 26, 2021

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Had him as a keeper in the Goon league. Traded Eugenio Suarez for Alex Bohm and Andrew Vaughn. Hopefully they'll rake.

Vaughn is getting a ton of hype especially with OF eligibility possible. Hasn't played much in the high minors tho. I'm still gonna grab him late when I can

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

abelwingnut posted:

as for mondesi, a) never draft mondesi above like pick 150,

Steals are hard to come by this year. Mondesi could steal 50 bags and no one else is close. Insanely valuable in a 5x5.

Also the good thing about doing a bunch of leagues is that one injury doesn't wreck your season. I'm pissed about the league where I drafted Mondesi high, but feel a little better about the leagues where I didn't get him.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Also Im fuckin ready to obsess over this poo poo for the next 6 months :dance:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Schweinhund posted:

Actually it's because pitching sucks.

:hmmyes:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

White Sox/Royals rained out, and possibly other games as well https://rotogrinders.com/weather/mlb

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Dear Yahoo, please fix your poo poo. Thanks.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

mcmagic posted:

It's time to give up on Austin Riley right?

I dropped him in one Yahoo league. Still holding in a couple others. The power is legit and man, if he's batting 5th in that lineup and hitting dingers.... But yeah I think he might just suck. Zero XBH this year, bad K/BB ratio, 50% groundball/ 19% flyball. .230 career hitter.

Braves don't have much behind him at 3rd: Panda and Ehire Adrianza. So Riley's playing time seems secure unless he really tanks. Which he is doing so far.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Guess who owns Drew Smyly in every league?? *points at self with both thumbs, strains forearm, goes on the IL* This guy

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Someone dropped Laureano in a Yahoo prize league. He's tied for the league lead in steals. I'm gonna try to get him since I can drop Kirilloff who hasn't done dick yet. But how nuts should I go in FAAB bucks? The 8 bags looks fluky; he only stole 15 in 2019+2020. Is he legit?

I didn't play Yahoo leagues last year so it was surprising that FAAB is the default now. Think I liked the old way better. Guessing how much to bid for players stresses me out, lol.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Welcome back, Teoscar :getin:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

How are the Blue Jays gonna use Nate Pearson this year? Will he be up soon, and will he start? I've got him stashed in several leagues but he's NA now instead of IL. He sounds loving awesome, but only has 18 MLB innings so far, and pitches in the AL East. Is he worth burning a roster spot on until he comes up, or nah?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Man I just completely whiffed on this first baseman the Angels have. Dude wasn't even on my radar. Didn't do my homework I guess.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

mcmagic posted:

It's cool that Yermin Mercedes has been one of the best hitters in baseball this year and he sits all the loving time lol

He's apparently a really bad first baseman, plus the Sox have Abreu, so I doubt he starts any of these road interleague games. He'll probably pinch hit I guess?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status/1391147438984024065

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

the_american_dream posted:

They both count but saves more. But if a guy racks up multiple holds a week he’s more valuable.

There are two rp spots. Ideally I like a volume hold guy with a save guy or volume both. Right now I have trivino and kimbrel. McGee is available, neris, Valdez. Kimbrel just isn’t seeing the volume as of now

This is hard to answer because in most standard leagues, Jake McGee was drafted or picked up in week one, and guys like him aren't on waivers. I don't know your league's exact settings, but if you can only roster a couple RPs, I think you're right that you want guys with job security. IMO Kimbrel is safer than Trevino or McGee, even with his struggles last year, because he is The Closer in Chicago. McGee and Trevino don't have nearly his track record, and other dudes on those teams have saved games recently. I think I'd drop Trevino for McGee, but it's close, and don't worry too much about it. It sounds like there will always be saves on the wire in this league.

And yes, in general, saves and holds can be streaky and frustrating. Chapman or Hader wont get a save for a week while some guy the Rays just called up has 4 of them lol.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Yermin Mercedes has fallen off after that hot start. Sell high?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Giolito kinda blows this year

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I've dropped Kyle Lewis. When he hits 8 home runs this week, you can thank me.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Marlins activated Elieser Hernandez and he's starting against the Pirates today. SP with high strikeout numbers thanks to a nasty slider. Worth a look in deep leagues.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I really want to add Alek Manoah, who is somehow on waivers, but IDK who to drop? Aguilar and go with zero bench?

(Also, lol that it's Manoah who's good after I stashed Nate Pearson for months in multiple leagues)

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Players I drafted, then dropped, and wish I hadn't:

Kyle Schwarber
Austin Riley
Ryan Mountcastle

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I like Giolito a lot better than Luis Castillo, but I'm a Castillo hater. I'd probably do that trade for Castillo, but OTOH you could probably get more for him because a lot of people seem to value him as an ace.

If you're scraping the bottom of the barrel for a catcher, is Eric Haase available? Just hit his 2nd dinger of the day, 11th of the year. Seems to be in a timeshare but thats most catchers these days.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Twins-Tigers PPD. Set yer lineups.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

There was a Lance McCullers for Chris Taylor trade last week in this one league and I feel like both sides won that trade

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

We've seen 2 games from Josiah Gray now. He went 4 innings and ~80 pitches in both. In those 8 innings he has 13 Ks, but also 4 HR and 5 walks. I dunno, I think he is just a streamer for now. Anyone think he can be more than that in 2021?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

he's carrying most of my teams, lol. Especially the ones where Grandal was my C

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Dropped Luke Voit because I have an IL crunch (I mean, who doesn't this year?), and the GM said Voit would be playing rehab games for a while, and I don't believe the Yanks will play Stanton in the OF that much. So naturally, Rizzo gets Covid and Voit's in the lineup today.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Made the playoffs in all 4 Yahoo prize leagues. Finished 1st in two of them, giving me a first round bye, and 3rd and 5th. I think that's pretty good, whatever happens in the playoffs.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Man, Ryu is cooked. For this season, I mean, not forever. Dropping him in several leagues tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

The Pussy Boss posted:

Made the playoffs in all 4 Yahoo prize leagues. Finished 1st in two of them, giving me a first round bye, and 3rd and 5th. I think that's pretty good, whatever happens in the playoffs.

Welp, I lost in 1 league because my opponent streamed "Paolo Espino." Classic fantasy baseball poo poo really, the whole season coming down to one rando SP on a Sunday. On to the semis in the other 3 leagues though!