Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nut

that is not my grandma, stop PMing me about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaguars!

NIce, that's my first ever successful snipe

Jaguars!

:69snypa:

Prof. Crocodile

In before all the Finland apologists pile into the thread.

Manifisto

holy crap isn't that nut's grandmother???!?

ty nesamdoom!

nut

I think we all said a lot of things we probably regret. In hopes of making amends, I drew this to kinda just channel all the hate into a fun joke we can all laugh at!

nut

hey does anyone know what a Finnish hat looks like?

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
whoa sorry i wouldve done something about those extremely hosed up and unchill posts but i do not have buttons in BYOB. rest assured, BYOB mods have been notified and the approrpiate perma is pending.

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??
:mods:

Seriously, this thread is ooc and I'm glad I never decided to start posting in it,even at the start when it was pretty chill and had those cool pics of nuts grandmother.

Goons Are Gifts

I agree with ButtTheShitmanFart here and I probed the worst offenders, admins are currently discussing whether a perma is warranted, but given the long story and incredible speed this thread developed over the last 22 pages, we want to give everyone a break and breathe before rushing to permanent decisions.

For the record, yes there are ants in Finnland but i really do not know what business nut's grandma could conduct with them, so that picture seems confusing to me

alexandriao

Lolowski posted:

:words:

no, you're the lovely person HERE!!!! beans are GOOD, especially when you eat them in bumper cars!!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

alexandriao fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Feb 21, 2021

cruft

LOL, as if Finland even has ants. Everybody knows nut's grandma ate them all.

xcheopis

Yeah, just top it off now and then and keep an eye out for ants. The Finnish ones are particularly destructive and they've been brought in on container ships in the past.

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

cruft

Hey, I know this is off topic, but since we're talking about beans, I wonder if anybody has suggestions about my jelly bean coupling silo. It's been running a little low recently but I've just gotten another 50 pound bag this morning. I dumped most of them in before I realized I'd forgotten to clean the hopper or degauss the magnetic coupler. Do you think it'll be okay to skip a maintenance cycle, or should I empty the whole thing to give it a proper tune-up while empty?

google THIS

Well, rule 34 strikes again. I should never have doubted that there would be fetish art of Wakko Warner sensually eating ants whilst waving a Finnish flag because there it is, just a few posts before this one.

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
Hey everybody! Great thread so far, and I think I do have some expertise on some of the topics, although I do appreciate ButtTheShitmanFart's expertise a few pages back!

Anyway I was going through some old family documents the other day and found this piece of artwork that I think might be of interest to this thread! Not sure who made this or when but it reminded me strongly of the photos of the woman earlier itt!

Edit: Ok, so the lady wasn't nut's grandma. Edited that out, no hard feelings I hope!

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

google THIS

I seriously doubt that a pic like that exists folks, that's way too specific even for the internet

xcheopis

lol, I remember that! Absolute saga.
To be fair, though, it at least it isn't Animaniacs.

Ass-penny

Hey as long as we're talking about Finland, Animaniacs, and ants (I mean why wouldn't we be?) I was wondering if anyone had that image of Wakko eating ants and waving a Finnish flag, tia.

cruft

Lolowski posted:

beans and Animaniacs

:eyepop:

Okay, let me try that again. I don't want to be too presumptuous here, but maybe some people think beans are okay? I mean, I know they make a couple bean jokes in the Finnish language dubs of Animaniacs, but I don't think that's meant to be an indictment of the entire bean persuasion. I mean, there's ant jokes too, but nobody's suggesting the Animaniacs hate ants.

I guess what I'm trying to say is maybe we can agree to disagree about beans, and it's okay. This is supposed to be the chill forum, after all.

E: trying to tone it down. Sorry.

cruft fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Feb 22, 2021

biosterous

when i clicked this thread today i really didn't expect to learn so much about 1980s bumper car repair and maintenance, but really i shouldn't be surprised by anything that comes up in this thread by now

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

nut

omg stoppp I said aUnt, with a u. and whatever, she’s from some Scandinavian country if not Finland

cruft

Fuckwits.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

cruft

I seriously can't believe some of you actually think beans are bad. Maybe you could pull your head out of your rear end long enough to see that beans are good. Then go shove a pole back up there.

A bean pole.

fps_nug

horsing around no longer
I seriously can't believe some of you think beans are enjoyable. Literally the most putrid loving food I've ever had to ingest. one day I decided to cook a whole can of beans as a snack and I couldnt even ingest 1/4th of the garbage

alexandriao

Hey everyone i just thought with all the talk of ants and beans itt id post a picture i found of them eating coffee beans. pretty lit right??? Also what is it with all of the people with "my grandma loves anal" in their sigs? I gather it came from this thread?

edit: nvm i scrolled a few pages back and saw. that's pretty gross.

Manifisto

I have a polite suggestion: can we all stop talking about memento? it seems to be a divisive subject, and clearly it's no small challenge to tell a story in reverse like that. we're better off discussing nut's grandmother's finnish bean soup recipe or whatever the hell we were talking about.

also, sex in bumper cars is overrated. there, I said it.

ty nesamdoom!

xcheopis

Sure! Coffee grounds compost quite well and are popular with worms and maybe other tiny creatures like ants or something. Although I'd hate to see ants all hopped on caffeine; can you imagine? lol

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
with all the Memento-chat goin' on, just thought I'd chime in and say that I once had sex in a bumper car while watching Memento on a tablet. I don't want to overrate it or anything, but it was some of the best sex I've ever had... right up there with having sex while watching John Carpenter's Ghosts of Mars on a PS Vita while in a sex swing.

alexandriao

wow you could say that was a real... memento. haha.

get it?!???!

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??
Sorry I haven't posted itt before (too many bans and probes) but with all this talk about Christopher Nolan, I thought I'd share this set of his dvds that I recently inherited from my Grandma Valda
(God rest her Finnish soul); reminds me of the good times in the bean fields.

Who knew she was a fan!

Ass-penny

Anally penetrating someone's grandmother in a bumper car is the best sex you can have, and this is a hill I will die on.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

well thats it. its decided. memento is best watched backwards by reordering the scenes on directors cut dvd. thanks for voting everyone!!

thanks nesamdoom!!

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

xcheopis

It's "buggy bumpers", not "butt and bumpers"!

Manifisto

that's crazy. I want to be very clear about this: I will slit my own throat and die in alley before watching memento backwards after reordering the scenes on the directors cut dvd

täytä perseesi puskurikuorma-auton ohjauspyörällä, as they say in Finland

ty nesamdoom!

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

i know its been a heated memento discussion. no one do anything rash, i am still counting votes and believe it or not its about 50/50 as it stands. updates to come!!

Team breakdowns

Find John G: 485
Director’s Cut More Like Director’s Butt: 483
Donnie Darko Was Better: 69

thanks nesamdoom!!

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

biosterous

i'm seriously annoyed at how little appreciation there is for donnie darko in this thread. memento is fine i guess but it's just about a confused guy. outside of being as lost as he is the first time you watch, there's really nothing going on in the movie! donnie darko has a lot more depth to it. i guess a bunch of you just can't understand that.

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
the best part of Donnie Darko is when Drew Barrymore says "cellar door".

also Memento is on Vimeo so everyone should watch it... the chronological cut is up there too

Trying

Cool look. My aesthetic is middlebrow quasi-artfilms purchased on DVD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

I lost my virginity watching Donnie Darko in a Finnish bumper car :smuggo:
I don't remember what it was about, bunny cosplay and plane crashes or something?