Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

The 4l60 still shits the bed when towing, even with the factory tow package options. Ask me about roasting the one in my avalanche twice, then dumping two bottles of lucas trans fix into it before trading it in on the wagon. :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Not enough hp to be noticeable. A cam and tune will always be the best bang for the buck on the motor, but requires more effort to install.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Nothing is actually gonna boost mileage on an 800. And streetability depends on exactly what cam gets slammed in.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Its csb so quite possibly. :v:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Any common issues that causes these trucks to have detonation under hard acceleration?

My brother is getting it in his truck now, and he runs high octane in it to help in the Florida heat. I told him to back off on flooring it until we can figure out what the problem is

lovely ignition, lovely gas. If its not detected, then the knock sensors are probably fucko'd.

I'd rather do knock sensors than plugs if they haven't been done before. Those fuckin boots will be welded to the plugs.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I chiseled the plug wire boots out with an exacto knife and anger. That was 75% of my time doing that job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Uh, you may want to reconnect that steam hose. Iirc its mildly important for the engine management.