Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Fish
Nov 16, 2016

22 Eargesplitten posted:

…include instructions for pulling an engine which has caused me a lot of suffering.

So having owned a bunch of gmt trucks, 400s and 800s so far. You are as far as I know of not going to find a manual with a point by point breakdown of pulling the engine. There are probably really good detailed gmt specific forums info on it. But my dude honestly you have one of the simplest platforms made in the last 30 years for pulling an engine out of. Pull hood, pull front sheet metal (at minimum grill and core support etc.), separate engine from transmission (don’t forget the flywheel or torque converter bolts), disconnect every scrap of wire and hose in your way, pull engine forward then up and out over the bumper. Makes sure you’re following safety procedures too (chock tires and set parking break, don’t do this on a hill or a jetty etc.)

Just my opinions from having wrenched on a ton of old chev trucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Fish
Nov 16, 2016

STR posted:

I believe you'd need one from an 03-06 Silverado, if Rockauto's cross reference is to be believed.

This, the bumpers are very different. Some stuff does transfer over from a pre to post facelift 800 but not as much as you might think.