Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JoshGuitar
Oct 25, 2005

meatpimp posted:

Alright GMT800 veterans, what am I looking for here...

Earlier in the week, I noticed a ~1" puddle of pinkish-red fluid on the floor where I park the Escalade. Today, I saw a second ~1" puddle of pinkish-red fluid immediately adjacent to the first one, which was still there. Did the ol' finger test and it looks like coolant.

So, I figured it was water pump time. I knew I'd open the hood, see the coolant reservoir empty and a weepy, soaked water pump.

Nope, everything from top is dead dry. Coolant level fine, no moisture on belts, everything looks dead dry from the top.

What should I be looking for when I get around to getting underneath this thing?

Not sure the cutoff year/engine options for this, but look on top of the intake manifold, toward the back. My '94 has a rigid steel line that snaps into a fitting like this:

When those go bad, it can be a pretty small leak like you described. It's pretty easy (but potentially messy) to replace. Make sure the clamp holding that line is present and properly mounted - I had to replace mine a second time because the line was leaning to one side and deformed the seal inside the fitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU