Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Problem description: My WIN10 computer has just recently started having this issue in Steam and now it's a problem on both Steam, Xbox/Microsoft games where it recognizes two controller inputs. Screenshot posted below:

Attempted fixes:This is a brand new issue, the controller has worked fine in the past. I only recognized the controller issue starting with MK11 where it would see Xbox buttons X + A being pressed when I only press X. Other games on the Micorsoft game store like Bloodstained see it as pressing both X+LT at the same time. The controller I'm using is the Amazon Luna controller, but I've tested and it is the same for a standard Xbox One controller as well. I can bypass the issue in Steam by setting the properties of each game to read Steam Direct Inputs going to the game Properties>Controller>Enable Steam Input, but it is still an issue on Microsoft/Game Pass games. I've installed the Luna controller drivers, and uninstalled them, attempted multiple controllers, and also rolled back my PC uninstalling everything and reinstalling it.

Edit: I am able to get a PS4 controller to work perfectly fine in Steam as long as it is wired. If it is attempted to be wireless, it doesn't recognize inputs in games and it does not work at all in the Xbox/Game Pass games.

Recent changes: The ONLY thing that may have changed was a Microsoft update I'm unaware of.

Any help would be appreciated.

Diabetic fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Feb 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I'd try to delete the controllers through device manager if you can and let them reinstall.