Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
If... got a fan translation about two years ago. It's good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
Teddie has annoying squeaky feet but Morgana makes me go to bed

I do genuinely think Morgana's *constant* presence is a bit much and he'd be more tolerable without it. I know they wanted to escape the MC being there thinking "I should go to bed..." like in P4 or P5 before the castle, but what we got was so much more irritating

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
P5Dancing has Ann explicitly reference Rise as still active in showbiz.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
I like the Caligula Effect but it's a muddled mess. but yeah, part of that mess is because it's ambitious in a way modern Persona tries very hard not to be and it deserves credit.

I think increased production value would have been a band aid to a lot of it's problems but I mean that in a good way

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of

DC Murderverse posted:

I know that’s a specific cultural difference; one of the “fun” things about Japan building a democracy in the 1950s specifically inspired by and partially created by the United States is that they internalized all of the rabid anti-drug messaging at face value without any of the racialized subtext that it was made with here.

I might be a little slow on the draw to this but Japan didn't just cargo cult American anti-drug culture, every single one of their Pacific Rim contemporaries dealt with the European powers using opium distribution to further colonial goals and subjugation and even in the periods where Japan was most secluded from global affairs they were aware of that.

It's the same reason China/Indonesia/Singapore/Malaysia fast-track you to death row for having drugs in saleable quantities.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
Yosuke isn't really controversial outside of SA, or at least he wasn't before the steam release.

Teddie sucks and has annoying feet but he never told me i had to go to bed. I know that's more the poor gameplay/structure of P5 than it is actually a fault with Morgana the character, but it's still all i remember

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
it's hard to honestly invest in Kashiwagi's situation when she and Hanako aren't really characters but vehicles for crass sexism on behalf of whoever's writing them

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
P4G really added nothing of worth to P4. It's got a ton of problems but the story and what it was trying to accomplish was very much a complete work and it's additions are weird bolted-on nonsense and wasted space, not at all like P5 which was so far in the gutter that Royal's solid plot additions actually almost gave it some gravitas.

neonchameleon posted:

Persona 5 has clear and actual critiques to make of the society it was written in and for. That those aren't applicable to your society is because you live in a different society to the one it was critiquing.

Nevermind that P5 only ever goes halfway with its critique even in a purely Japanese context, this particular take would have a lot more weight if P5's literary and aesthetic influences weren't so international and multicultural.

Rockstar Massacre fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Feb 23, 2022

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
I'll admit when I evaluate P4G I don't really weigh the gameplay changes because P4's difficulty is such that you can halfass most of the fusion stuff and still have everything you need to fly through everything except Margaret, so more options meant very little

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
You have so many nights in Royal where the best way to spend your time is to make molotov cocktails or whatever, party composition should absolutely not be a factor in that fight.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
pfft can't change off one handed swords for the MC, it's already a step backward from the original

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
welp my "best"(???) friend is dating the teacher, directly because of my encouragement, and i feel fine about it.

gently caress y'all i'm glad my bro is getting some, as long as he doesn't talk about it constantly in irritating detai- wait, didn't i play this already? dammit he's gonna do exactly that isn't he

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
i accidentally rushed arqa first thing because i was doing Liz's fortune request but yeah you can definitely just put it off until later.

it'll be way easier since more social links means your Personas will be stronger and even if he had nothing to contribute, Akihiko just being an extra turn to take is still a huge advantage

Gourmet king still sucks but his voice actor sounds like he's having a great time and he did a lil' moonwalk, so i do enjoy him more this time around

still very annoyed MC is locked into baby swords tho, it was one of the worst sequel changes and its even lamer here