Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I am pretty sure there is a lot of gendered dialogue in the game.

There's a ton of it because they can't use the MC's name in spoken dialogue so it converts to pronouns a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

LibbyM posted:

I think there's also a fine line between a boss being a puzzle and a boss just being a checklist of things you adjust for over several trial and error deaths.

Yeah, it's this. Elizabeth isn't an interesting puzzle to solve. She's got a very arbitrary feeling set of hoops you have to jump through and if you miss one she kills you and you have to restart. Feels less like a real fight and more like a farming checklist.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

She's a high school student and you're not sharing the Tartarus wealth with anybody, she gets what she can afford.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Harrow posted:

Anyway 5 is my personal favorite. It's wildly stylish, the gameplay is really smooth (will feel very familiar after P3R), and I like that it has handcrafted dungeons with setpieces and stuff instead of procedurally generated levels. The story's somewhat divisive but honestly I think I could say that about any of these.

Same here. The only two I've played are P5R and P3R, in that order, and P5R is the clear winner to me largely based on the strength of the design. Going through handcrafted dungeons with consistent themes felt so much better than just slamming more boring floors of a proc-gen tower.