Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Diabetic posted:

Persona 5: Has a version out there for the Switch in Japan, but only in Japan, and its sequel Strikers, is now out on everything but to understand the details of the story you have to play Persona 5 which is only on PS4.

There's a hee ho on the what now?

Srice posted:

They've said they're planning for a worldwide release in 2021 so the chances are pretty dang good.

And this was announced in the middle of the pandemic, so i'd like to think they were able to plan out their dev schedule without needing to delay the game past late 2021.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

P4 and P5 are nice in that you aren't forced to date your female friends in order to advance their social links. You can if you want to, but it's not required.

P3 on the other hand... hope you like having multiple girlfriends.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

If you want to play as characters where none of them want to be a cop, then you can always play Persona 1.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Really does make you wonder how different Persona 4 would be if it were made in 2011. Instead of revolving around the television, it would focus on the internet and social media.

How people present themselves on facebook would form their shadows, or something.

Or it could be set in 2004 and be based on your gaia online profile instead

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Historically both P2 games were the least selling games, both in terms of the original PS1 release and the PSP ports. (Technically, Innocent Sin on PS1 outsold Vanilla P3 alone, but if you combine Vanilla with FES then P3 outsells IS).

I guess that Atlus wouldn't re-release the P2 games again because of the relative unpopularity. But since the PS3 online store is going away, they might bring back P2 as a collection on Steam or Switch. After they remake P3 first, of course.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Hellioning posted:

I am still very amused that the franchise is so associated with high school that they have the logos for the high schools the characters go to as the background, even Maya, who is an adult and does not go to that high school.

I had the exact same thought

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

I wasn't asking for one, but they just announced a persona card game. No word if it'll be localized at all.

https://twitter.com/Persona_Central/status/1447770385215377410

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Atlus is doing a consumer survey in English. If absolutely nothing else, tell Atlus to port all of their games to PC and also to remake Persona 2.

https://p-ch.jp/enquete2022/na/

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Pwnstar posted:

The most important thing to consider when leaving Japanese terms untranslated is how cringe/funny it would be to do so.

That's a good keikaku

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Anyone expecting any new game announcements at the Persona Live concert should temper their expectations, cause they ain't doing any this year.

https://twitter.com/p_kouhou/status/1572135483924414464

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/09/persona-super-live-p-sound-wish-2022-crossing-journey-will-not-feature-new-game-announcements

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

It's been a hot 13 years since i last played P4. But nooooooo, they didnt put this line in there, did they?

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Arist posted:

I get that Raidou has a cool design, but yeah, that era of school uniform is kind of inextricably tied to Japanese colonialism and would cause headaches for the company in certain foreign markets. It's the reason we're probably never getting a Raidou game again.

e: it's also why the Nocturne rerelease made Raidou DLC

How about a new Raidou game, featuring a new Raidou in the 1980's? And it would involve a war between rival yakuza groups using demons. And you could explore the city freely between story events, and go to the sega arcades and play classic sega games or mahjong or whatever. And either Kiryu or Majima makes a gratuitous cameo for no reason.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Does getting gay married to another player in a MMORPG count? Cause you can do that in FFXIV and get a ring that boosts your exp gain or somethin

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

I really hope that in future games they condense all of the dialogue down so there is less repeating things that happened five minutes ago. You could easily cut 20 hours from P5 this way.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

There's a bunch of unverified rumors that Atlus is doing a proper remake of P3 with QoL updates, etc. I personally will not believe it until i see it. I dunno, it seems like a dumb business decision to port P3P and then remake it a few years later. Then again, some of the rumors claim that FeMC/Kotone isn't getting into the remake, so maybe having a P3P port is Atlus's compromise to have a game with her on modern consoles.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Using the in-game engine to do cutscenes instead of anime sequences is probably the smarter (and more cost-effective) move in the long run.

But some scenes just do not have the same punch as they did back in the original game. Looking at you, persona awakening scene.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Sydin posted:

lol well I was wondering if the remake would do something to make Ikutsuki's betrayal a bit less abrupt and goofy but I guess not. Even something as simple as an actual hopeless bossfight against a fully powered Aigis instead of the same smash cut to the next scene would have been appreciated. It's not a huge deal or anything but it is kinda interesting that a decent amount of new content has been added so far to flesh out Strega, but Ikutsuki didn't get the same treatment leading up to his big scene.

And oh boy Ryoji is here, joy.

It's even more silly than the original, because there Aigis powers up and rushes the party, and in Reload, it's just a cut to black. At least they kept the original detail of Ikutsuki's plan failing because he still forgot to crucify the dog

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

LMAO that they announced this on 3/6, the day after the Journey ended in-game

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

So whats the over/under on a second expansion pass with more nickel-and-dimed content + feMC?

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

There is a monkey paw out there that may have granted the rumored P2 remasters, but kept the crappy battle system and encounter rates.

As for P4 remake, I'm not really sure if there's anything new they can add that would feel meaningful. I'm not talking about improved battle mechanics like with Reload. Atlus already added in a ton of stuff in Golden, and it's not like they can give the P4 antagonists any extra scenes like how Strega got. What more can they give us besides fully playable February and March?

Also, I'm pressing F for femc

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

He's really not. Sometimes it feels like that's how he's meant to be read, but Teddie is a straight up predator.

As a bear, he's not just a predator, he is also a forager too

But in all seriousness, he's an idiot flirt. I dont think he qualifies as a predator

DemoneeHo fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Apr 4, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

And this is why Koromaru remains the best mascot.

He's just a good dog who doesn't talk.