Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I'm playing P5R for the first time now having only played P4G in the series, and holy poo poo I prefer Morgana to Teddy so much. Please tell me Morgana doesn't become a sex pest.

Also, other than the deadlines mentioned in the OP for the DLC content, is there anything else that's nice to know going in, or should I just enjoy the ride?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

cheesetriangles posted:

Didn't see this mentioned for the new players, just accepting a persona into your party for the first time automatically registers it. If your stock is full and you choose to release it instead it's not but you release a different persona and finalize adding it to your team it is. So don't feel like you need to constantly return to the velvet room or always need a bunch of open slots.

Holy shut this is awesome to know, thanks!

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I'm loving the hell out of this game - been itching to play it since I finished P4G when it was first released for PC. Unfortunately, I hosed up and locked in the Makoto romance before I realized that Haru is the absolute best. Her showtime animation with Makoto is the best, the "adieu" AOA splash is the best, everything owns.

Dumb question (mid-January) - when my rank 10 dudes start asking to hang out after school and I'm assuming they do the final Persona upgrade - do I need to talk to them on the day they come up to me and ask to hang out, or can I just do it whenever I have time? Also, are there enough free days to get all of them upgraded, hit mementos to finish up one quest, take Sumire to 10, and have four last second levels? Yosuke is still at 9, Tower is at 7, but everything else is maxed,

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I’m excited for the Persona 3 remake coming out soon. Apparently it’s trash because no FeMC, but honestly I never played 3 so I’m fortunate enough to have no idea what I’m missing.

I’m playing Strikers right now and it’s pretty fun. It makes me wish we had gotten Haru much earlier in the main game because she’s the best

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I'm towards the end of September now, and as someone who's only played P4G and P5R before now, it can not be overstated how much better it is to not have a mascot character. Teddie was the worst thing about P4G, and Morgana, while better then Teddie, wasn't great. I guess Koromaru kind of counts, but instead of sexual harassment he's just a dog that does dog things.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Koromaru is a very good boy, but I feel Morgana goes underappreciated for his role as the bag cat/Joker's emotional support animal. I actually enjoyed the daily life town segments in P5, while they were little more than background noise in 3-4.

Morgana was okay - the daily life parts were solid and he's all around much better than Teddy, but his Ann simping got old about as soon as it started - if he'd shut up about Ann he'd be legit good.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Hellioning posted:

They're actually trying this. That's...well, it's hilarious in a sad way that they're nickel-and-diming people like this and it's probably going to work?

I prefer DLC in a timely manner to the usual Atlus shenanigans of waiting a year and dropping ‘Persona 3 Locked and Reloaded” for another seventy dollars at least

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Zokari posted:

furious whenever i kill a hand enemy and the shuffle time doesn't happen or doesn't give me the exp card

Is the EXP card a multiplier? I always assumed it was just a flat bonus but I never took the notes to actually confirm.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

He's really not. Sometimes it feels like that's how he's meant to be read, but Teddie is a straight up predator.

He’s beary problematic!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Sunk Dunk posted:

Every days great at your junes

:hai: