Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
lol everyone else saved roland but hey, he wanted to go so i just let him

somewhat funnily only frederica couldnt be swayed, kinda wish i had backstory context to understand why shes so different then her bros and sis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i would say the plot is exactly in line with FFT, as they are both war drama taken seriously

neither are really grimdark

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

this is literally just a new tactics ogre why on earth is anyone talking about game of thrones

well, one is the most famous medeval styled fantasy stories of the last 30 years, and the other is a videogame franchise that hasnt had a new entry in like 20 years

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

glassyalabolas posted:

Just got the survey. What are we all going to say?

honest opinions i hope

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Junpei posted:

I'm not surprised but I am a little disappointed that Frederica is already getting hit with the "Mary Sue" label in some circles

Anyone who uses this term outside of a fanfic context doesnt know what it means, and even inside of that context it gets thrown around too freely

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I actually like what of the story ive seen, but serenoa is kind of boring and i think i like every single side character way better

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
How many chapters are there? Looking for a general sense of time, not heavy spoilers

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I enjoy that every soldier in serenoas army immediately realizes who "maxwell" is and serenoa has to tell them to just go along with it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
So archibald loving sucks right? Like are his other skills insane or is this old guy really trying to pretend he can hang with hughette?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

MechaX posted:

I only made it past chapter 2 (because man there's a lot of set up and dialogue), but I'm having fun right now. The enemies in battle hit pretty drat hard, but the quicksave is pretty generous so I appreciate that at least.

I know I saw some earlier complaints about Serenoa being boring, and while I agree, I think I'm fine with Serenoa being just a competent, honest rear end dude in a sea of GoT-style schemers. Interested to see where this goes later in the game.

The English VA is... fine, I'm not going to change it to Japanese or anything unless the quality really craters later on. Given the prior roles that a lot of these VAs have been in, this seems like some pretty dire voice direction. Like, there's no way a lot of these lines could have been the best takes from these actors (Serenoa's VA did loving Sylvando from Dragon Quest 11 for christ's sake; that VA can emote better than this). But that's just a minor complaint I have so far.

I was one of those complainers, and im in chapter 9. Serenoas grown on me a lot over the course of the story

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

Fighting for justice and murdering fantasy billionaires and their fantasy cops owns. I'm fantasy antifa.

Not giving up roland is pro-monarchy, so youre def not antifa

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

Nah Roland is basically Harry or whichever one talked poo poo about the Queen and got cut off or whatever.

Dont know who that is, dont care. Being born into monarchy is enough to deserve death tbh. The taint is given at birth

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

punk rebel ecks posted:

I've been avoiding info on this game because I don't like spoilers, but what's the general consensus of it?

Like how does it compare to say Fire Emblem?

Tbh its not very similar to fire emblem at all i feel like? Its way more focused on positioning and terrain and individual encounters matter way more then in fire emblem. Like they dont really do maps with 50 enemies like fe (or at least not as ive seen)

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

HackensackBackpack posted:

I just got the full version and I'm trying to avoid spoilers, so forgive me if this has already been asked, but I've occasionally noticed characters having little side conversations in battles if they end up next to each other. Is this just bonus flavour, or are there any statistical effects at all, like Fire Emblem supports? I've mostly found them by accident so far.

I dont think those matter, but if you use characters more you unlock very support like conversations, altho no mechanical benefits are given

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

LOL I'm on chapter 14 and have never seen any of those

Im talking about the blue sphere convos, like theres one with erador and corentin. You havent gotten any? Maybe it only works for the main cast or something

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Cattail Prophet posted:

They do strengthen Serenoa's convictions, technically.

Oh yeah, i guess. I more meant in battle like fire emblem

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Decoy is real good, piccoletta owns

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

The World Inferno posted:

Mild complaints:
Also, wish they'd gone more hog wild on the story recruits. Give me a path where you get medicine from the Hyzants that cures Serona's dad. Or one where you get to recruit the beefy archer high house. Or even the bad guys, like one of the evil albino siblings. The secret recruits they do have are a good start, but why not just go more wild with it..

Tell me you dont know what dev time is without telling me you dont know what dev time is

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I freed the roselle and im happy with it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I might replay for benedicts route and the gold route but tbh i genuinely dont think i can stomach rolands route

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Giving up the Roselle and going Roland’s route at the end are definitely the most morally reprehensible choices one could make in this game. I will just spoil it for people who refuse to take that route:

Frederica leaves the party. Roland bends the knee to Hyzante and exchanges his title of King for Saint, after Iodore torches Tenebrae for assisting in the illegal salt trade. They attack Aesfrost. I think the first battle is at Twinsgate? Then in the Capitol you fight Gustadolf and defeat him.

Then suddenly Svarog blows up the entire Capitol by firing the Deathsknell at the Aesfrosti blast furnace. The final boss is Svarog where you have to dodge rivers of molten iron. Once he is defeated, Hyzante rules all of Norzelia.

The final scene is Roland and Serenoa walking through the city around Whiteholm commenting on how peaceful the Goddess’s teachings have made everything. They overhear someone talking about a bald prophetess wandering around claiming the goddess’s teaching are false. The people decry her as a blasphemer. The end.

Thanks for this and yeah...i think im good