Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Lily Catts posted:

Ah yes, the GHC Heavyweight Champion, Keiji Mutoh.
you're god drat right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Miles O'Brian posted:

I bet Cardona loved people throwing bottles at him
A couple of em probably hit too hard, but I'm certain Cardona, like everyone else who set this up, relishes in being a carny

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I assume Cardona won via fuckery?
woo
woo
woo

you know it

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Lid posted:

Someone on reddit is defending it because its taken out of context.

Context

He's defending Rock vs Cena main eventing WM twice.

The context makes it actually worse.
I thought most thought it was a good idea at the time. But in retrospect, the majority now generally consider it a bad move?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
ty

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

luchadornado posted:

Good pizza is good pizza regardless of style, don't @ me
deep dish is pizza, just everything slightly thicker. king of the midwest style remains detroit, however

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
cute

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

CombineThresher posted:

I've heard this too, but I have no idea what it's based on. Why do people think MJF wants to go to WWE?
Because he's just that committed a heel

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
when the time comes, kidd bandit will fit on this roster just fine

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
bah gawd love him or hate him, kidd bandit is OVER in psp

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
is there some shawn michaels vs bret hart undercurrent going on in aew?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

IGgy IGsen posted:

I hope it's not. But at one point, when they grow older than 16, they can no longer be a shonen protagonist and will start being a mentor until they reach their 20s. then they can start being the protagonist of a seinen.
kidd bandit needs a sasuke or needs to become sasuke

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Orange Carlisle posted:

for a guy with an ego like triple h this whole series of events has to be some soul crushing poo poo lol
the only thing better is if it had also happened to local rat/ratfucker kevin dunn

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

HHH is jamming in heaven with meat loaf now
only took that long for lemmy to not give him the time of day anymore, huh

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Thinking about greatest talent/performer & least assholish and coming up with rey mysterio and liger. who else?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
when he had cancer?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Lid posted:

Bryan Danielson wrestles rings around Kobashi.
Kobashi: I'm not putting over any vanilla midget not named Kenta

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

stab posted:

Is it bad to say if I say Kidd Bandit still needs work as a wrestler but the gimmick is fine?

They can be good imo, but i still think selling/pacing/psychology is a work in progress (which imo is fair given their relative lack of experience?)

Or does that make me a bad poster please advise
I don't think kidd bandit has wrestled in front of crowds for even a year yet, psp really only started to pay attention to them b/c they were anime af. But I'll have hope for bandit's potential as much as a wrestler with <1 years of experience can have, I'll remember sonny kiss first showing up on dynamite in a royal and wondering Who is That, and then watching the early darks where actually he was green as poo poo, but he put in the drat work for a couple years now in aew and emerged as a consistent highlight of dark who would not be so out of place in the midcard on cable. And sonny's a six-year vet

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I think tony just stopped giving a gently caress about his biggest haters

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Sandman McMahon posted:

Also a big difference is that Cody in wwe is a work and all part of the character arc that’ll pay off in three to five years you’ll see.

Disclaimer: This may or may not be a joke I reserve the right to wait three to five years to decide.
The payoff is that he'll become the heir apparent to the wwe universe, which will become officially sanctioned as the codyverse

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

inthesto posted:

The fact that Penta is not actually very wide always fucks me up

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Seams posted:

It’d be cool if Big E and Cody get to work together once E is healed up
they will lure negative 1 to wwe, where he'll be known as brodie lee jr

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

0konner posted:

Clockwise from 12 this is Vinny, Bryan, Craig, and Granny in 1992
lmfao

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Dacap posted:

Yeah, they clearly have talent and I think they have a good grasp on their character which is great this early, they just really need some good training and mentoring for the ring work to catch up to their imagination. I think they could be putting on some really exciting matches in a few years.
I like kidd bandit's vibe, they are v. good at marketing themselves which is a great way to get your foot in the door, but I do worry about someone so green inviting as many eyeballs as they have who are then obligated to heap perhaps excessive criticism upon them, even if criticism is mandatory at this point in their careers. but i assume they understand what it means to take this path to get better as quickly as possible

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
https://twitter.com/numetal_moment/status/1551405586410926082

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Lamuella posted:

Sincerely I hope they right the ship and make a good product. The more good wrestling the better. But I'm very wait-and-see.
it's also possible this generation's monday night wars are gonna get kicked up a notch with the full force of twitter, facebook, reddit, and this dead forum if wwe's A-shows become the most watchable it's been since... the shield, I guess

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

mactheknife posted:

someone please tell me how you leave skid marks while wearing pants please
it's possible that the pants were more porous than jeans, like basketball shorts

they also could not have been wearing underwear

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

A Real Horse posted:

-A 60 minute Iron Man match between Luther and Mark Henry
would rather have had this than a majority of the ppv from last night tbh

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
ahahhahahahahahahahaahah

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
elon musk is the world's richest clown. no more, no less

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
what tna was counterprogramming that week:

quote:

(20.07.2009) TNA iMPACT #265 - TV-Show @ Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida, USA
TNA X-Division Title: Homicide (c) defeats Samoa Joe (w/Taz) by DQ (5:11)
TNA Legends Title: Kevin Nash (w/Jenna Morasca) (c) defeats The Amazing Red (2:13)
TNA World Tag Team Title: Booker T & Scott Steiner (w/Sharmell) (c) defeat Big Rocco & Sally Boy (4:45)
Knockout Battle Royal (Special Referee: Traci Brooks): Traci Brooks defeats Alissa Flash and Angelina Love and Awesome Kong and Daffney and Madison Rayne and ODB (w/Cody Deaner) and Sarita and Sojournor Bolt and Tara and Taylor Wilde and Velvet Sky (5:48)
The British Invasion (Brutus Magnus, Doug Williams & Rob Terry), Abdul Bashir & Kiyoshi defeat Beer Money Inc. (James Storm & Robert Roode), AJ Styles, Daniels & Eric Young (5:24)
Office Keys On A Pole: Kurt Angle vs. Mick Foley - No Contest (5:02)