Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Bray Wyatt is unbelievably lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

This would be cool and good, Marty is good at unhinged and we could get TWO people who throw Snakemn around!

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

smh at this Street Fighter 2 mod with Street Fighter EX sprites

Edit: lol Sting on the rooftop

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:honk: is growing on me. Seems self-aware enough, decent in-ring, apparently a nice dude backstage. I don’t see him ever even sniffing the main event but he’s a solid low/midcard guy.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

MotU posted:

to bring this back to wrestling, having the Eagles take the ring is like having someone unsigned appear on Dynamite. Sauron Vince will immediately see them and sign them. If you keep them on the indies only then the Nazgul William Regal and Road Dogg have to spend a lot of time looking for them

Ben Carter is the Pro-Eagles Argument.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:hmmyes:

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

And it STUNK

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

Lol

Someone screengrab for posterity

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

Metroid Fitzgerald posted:

Ruby dodged a bullet missing that train

:laffo:

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:lol:

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

Jamie, remember the basics of CQC…

(Are lariats part of CQC?)

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:rip: that dude’s balls

The development of Kidd Bandit, Anime Protagonist of Wrestling who adds 15 flips and spins to existing moves, is a fascinating journey watch.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Imagine Hook in WWE.

NO

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

neoaxd posted:

Agreed. We unironically need more Steiners. Just absolute psychos who are as jacked as they are demented.

See, the issue here is that would normalize Steiners in the industry, and the thing is that Steiners are NOT NORMAL!

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:lol:

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

https://twitter.com/bryandanielson/status/1479926901854519296?s=20

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Neither is on the level of Taz.

Gimme taz managing hanger and nyla as a shitpost squad

DLC Inc posted:

https://twitter.com/kiddbanditpro/status/1486130241621815296?s=20

Looking forward to Kelly Kelly busting out the most convoluted moves when she enters the Rumble

Kellykelly gonna bust out THE ANGEL KILLER

BodyMassageMachine fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jan 26, 2022

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

Love that Jadehausen :allears:

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Everything about him sucks. He's the platonic form of a bad wrestler.

Jervis was a fun enough midcard comedy guy in Chikara and the indies that had a few funny matches with the likes of Orange Cassidy and such (probably more funny due to OC), but the allegations of him being a sexpest (even though he was TOTALLY HACKED!!1!) and more recently his awful split-personality gimmick with his real life name/gimmick (Kevin Condron) have made the guy totally insufferable.

It sucks because his positive mental health message isn’t bad, but the execution isn’t great, and I can’t possibly give less of a poo poo about the guy anymore.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

A bunch of artists are pulling their music from it until they get rid of Joe Rogan

The short of it is, after a bunch of Doctors wrote a complaint about Joe Rogan’s show spreading Covid misinformation and Spotify doing nothing about it (controversy = $$$), Neil Young gave an ultimatum of either Rogan goes or his catalog does. Spotify, of course, went with the multi-million dollar contracted Rogan, so now Neil Young and others are pulling their music catalogs in protest. Joe Rogan has since put a statement out as well (the thing The Rock responded to).

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

Tato posted:

this is why I kept all my WWF - The Music CD volumes so I can ethically listen to Test's theme whenever I want

Time to dig out my WWE Anthology 3 CD set.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Jervis is kind of an rear end in a top hat, no surprise here.

https://twitter.com/zmanbrianzane/status/1491117432869900288

:doh:

All the guy had to do was not go to bat for a loudmouth conspiracy nut. Not a huge ask.

We had Jervis sucks chat a few pages back but fuckin’ yikes, the guy keeps figuring out ways to dig a deeper hole for himself.

Edit: r/SquaredCircle on reddit (which Jervis co-created/modded at one time) has a megathread going if you give a poo poo :shrug:

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

Mods make this the bg of this forum tia

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

Keith Degrasse Lee needs to start “Well, Actually…”ing people more

https://youtu.be/TyZSBqQ813c

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

stab posted:

Lmao I would unironically be down for this 100%

Wait what

NDT was a college wrestler

Also:

https://youtu.be/C-bRTZye9ys

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

Sigma posted:

All shotime shows break in half at the season 2-3 mark

Shameless peaked by S3, once Jimmy/Steve left the main cast it was all downhill.

Edit: for 8 more seasons?!???? I dipped after S5 I think

BodyMassageMachine fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Mar 13, 2022

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:allears:

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

lol I've never heard of this and thought "surely it couldn't be that bad"

hahahahaha what the gently caress

:lol: :lol: :lol:

They Knew

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:wato: :wato: :wato:

I don’t understand the context of this but maybe I don’t need to.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

The recent AQA match wasn’t perfect, but imagine watching Jade hit a great Tour of the Islands and thinking “no, this Jade character is a bad wrestler!”

https://youtu.be/cTtNAyoJrVk

Jade has been great since the Shaq match. Green, yeah, and slightly clunky at times, but she’s improved tremendously over a year, has a million dollar look/presence, and absolutely is on her way to being a big deal in the year(s) to come.

Plus, since this is the Social Media thread, she’s fun to watch on Twitter and such.

Edit: i was sold on her the moment she started spamming flex taunts in that Shaq like she was building her SPECIAL meter in No Mercy

BodyMassageMachine fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Apr 7, 2022

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

FTR Hair should have won

:wrong:

Kiss the feet, add’em coal

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:lmao:

Wanna see this replicated w/ Connors, DKC, Coughlin, and Uemura dancing in the Turtles' places.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

Gimme this without the text and it’s an immediate buy

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

Does King from Tekken do Spanish Flys? Because King from Tekken should do Spanish Flys.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:vince:

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

Dacap posted:

Does this dude not realize that he can just take the mask off and go by a different name? Most people aren't really gonna know what he looks like.

He did go maskless in the last year or so, but incorporated it into the Jervis character as a ~*sPliT pErsoNaLity*~ gimmick where (masked) Jervis is sickly-sweet and (unmasked) Kevin Condron is more tortured soul. It’s as bad and dumb as you can surmise.

Jervis was one of my early favorites when I started diving into Chikara/indies but he’s pretty insufferable these days and nowhere near good enough to get a big-time contract. Shame too, since he was trying to use the gimmick to say some nice things about taking care of one’s mental health (while also being a total creep irl).

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

Shard posted:

What did he do to be creepy

The general gist is that Jervis claimed someone hacked his Twitter account a few years back, pretended to be him in DMs, and started propositioning/harassing younger female fans/wrestlers. Jervis went on a big rant on reddit (where he was a major mod of r/squaredcircle for a long time; I THINK he is the sub’s creator too) claiming innocence, but iirc it was pretty a flimsy defense that most saw as bullshit. He’s had a stink on him since, and the Kendrick defending seems to have been the nail in the coffin for most of the IWC.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

madmax_thats_bait.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

luchadornado posted:

Sour Boy was the best thing he's done in at least 5 years. That's not saying much.

:wrong:

Sour Boy was the worst.