Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

The whole match he was acting out the moves getting done and taking bumps. It was hysterical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Low ki fuckin rules even is he’s annoying. Him and amazing Red are probably the two most influential wrestlers in the last 15 years.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Selachian posted:

Do newspaper comics count as social media? Probably not, but the strip Breaking Cat News is doing wrestling this week!

This is lamest poo poo I’ve ever seen.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
It rules because you have people mad at it about how dangerous it was.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Shard posted:

My only critique is the performer doing the move is a coward for staying safe on the apron. You do something that painful and dangerous you better put yourself in the line of fire too.

Have people here never watched wrestling before?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I wanna see people here watch Zona 23

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
In a wrestling forum where someone just complained about swearing and people are defending school. Wtf.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

enigmahfc posted:

I did not complaining about lovely, loving, cock and ball swearing, and I will not loving look up what the rear end you are talking about.

I also have several close friends who are teachers so schools have to be pretty dumb sometimes.

I was talking about this post.

britishbornandbread posted:

It’s very sweary, this. I don’t think I like it.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

yea ok posted:

classic. never forget alex shelley and danielson doing a Technical Match for 45 minutes in front of a czw crowd to piss them off in 2006. what a year.

Wrestling rules so much.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Memnaelar posted:

...Wait, the New Age Outlaws seriously went to Impact and made themselves a nonsense-name team with Vince K. McMahon's initials?

Woof.

They also had the funniest theme song intro of all time.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Vince MechMahon posted:

Ronnie would be fine as a comedy guy on Elevation.

I’d rather a comedy guy who was actually funny.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
If you don’t think pelting wrestlers with garbage is cool as hell I’m gatekeeping wrestling from you. You’re not allowed to watch wrestling anymore.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
*Cardona goes through log cabin of light tubes and panes of glass and is lacerated deeply* wow I can’t believe these fans would disgrace wrestling by putting his life on the line like that.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I assume Cardona won via fuckery?

Yeah RSP and 44O came out and hosed Gage over

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

there’s something massively lame about warhorse and danhausen, I don’t know what it is but don’t @ me

I’m fine with Warhorse for the most part but Danhausen gives me massive theater kid vibes so he just irritates me. He’s not even a bad worker and I respect that he’s over but I get you completely.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Matthew Justice rules

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Stall_19 posted:

https://twitter.com/Jayrod2009/status/1419367317729955840

Someone threw a pizza cutter at him so GCW can go gently caress themselves.

Hahahahaha

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I love that there are wrestling fans out there who don’t know what to do with themselves when an audience actually cares about the wrestling.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Duke Pukem posted:

yeah, anybody who threw a full unopened can can go gently caress themselves. That can cause serious damage

There’s no possible way they could have just screwed the cap back on.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Orange Carlisle posted:

I don't care about this debate either way but it's weird how personally you take this stuff lol

because it’s lame pearl clutching by people who don’t even watch the thing they’re mad about.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I like when slightly dangerous things happen in wrestling. It’s cool.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

yea ok posted:

i do too man it kicks rear end but the reaction to people being put off by it here was embarrassing lol.

I disagree. It was a match where cardona was lacerated deeply by a light tube cabin and slammed through panes of glass. But people are scared at empty aluminum beer bottles getting thrown at him.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Orange Carlisle posted:

if you don't understand the context of poo poo that happens to you in a match planned out by professionals vs outside poo poo being thrown at you by randos I dunno if any amount of jim cornette podcasts are going to bring you clarity

Yeah there no way that’s exactly the ending they were expecting. Also i don’t understand the Cornette reference you’re throwing in here. What are you trying to imply?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Big Queefy posted:

They got the reaction they wanted. They wouldn't be clowning on Meltzer if they were against it.

Yeah, anybody that threw unopened poo poo is trash, but it's not like a bunch of drunk assholes have pinpoint accuracy.

Also as someone pointed out. Someone slid that unopened can into the ring.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Seams posted:

wait was it a spontaneous display of emotion from fans or a planned spot by the promoters because the latter is definitely less cool

It wasn’t a planned spot but a lot of the build to the match was gage and cardona talking about their beer not to mention that Gage is the top face of the company and Cardona is the invading outsider who because of the top heel group made the hated heel outsider take the title away from the top babyface of the company. Also if GCW had an issue with it they would have gotten on the speaker to tell people to stop. They wanted a big visual that everyone would be talking about and got it.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
He had a pretty nothing match against one of the best workers today. He wasn’t bad but he didn’t really stand out in any real way and was off time on quite a few spots.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Sticky Nate posted:

either do cool poo poo or bleed or get the hell out of a ring

Especially because on that card you had Jonathan Gresham and Star Boy Charlie have a loving rad technical match and Drew Parker and Jimmy Lloyd had a deathmatch Classic. If Ceaser would have at least attempted something cool he would have gotten over.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

He'll be back within the year, he'll break a light tube over his head, and on his 3rd appearance they'll be moshing him.

That would be sick.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
But that’s the thing even if there are sloppy wrestlers in GCW they still do cool poo poo. Ceaser didn’t do anything cool. Also Jordan Oliver has improved so much in the last year. It’s been cool to see.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Super porky ruled so hard.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Lamuella posted:

What an adorable little family

Straight up that’s the cutest picture I’ve ever seen.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I actually like season 1 and 2 and don’t mind 9 and 10. But 3 to 8 is legit the best tv comedy of all time.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Tato posted:

is Anderson still an alcoholic who cheats on his wife or is he still trying to play off the social media blowups that happen every few months as a work

Who gives a poo poo.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Amenra is tight and I know they’re friends with Lingua Ignota which makes me hope we get a Malakai Black entrance with Ignota.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Cardona is having so much fun. It’s so good.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

that dude in the middle has a fantastic t-shirt on

Yeah Meth Syndicate makes awesome shirts. Highly recommend his shirts.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Gaz-L posted:

...have you seen KENTA the last few years?

He’s been awesome. Have you?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Cheap heat is what makes MJF work. He’s a spoiled rich kid who lives a life of no consequences. He’s spent his life building up his little jabs so you can never see how scared and insecure he is. It’s why he goes low. He’s a heel in the truest sense of the word.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I’m trying to think about MJF working his gimmick at wwe and it sucks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I would go to the cruise if it wasn’t with a bunch of wrestling fans.