Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Drakkel posted:

What in the hell is the point of having a dress code in a job where everyone's just gonna show up and immediately take their nice clothes off anyway?

back in the 90s and early aughts, nba players (black) and other athletes (black ones) and (black) entertainers dressed casually and in baggy clothes. sure, it might be a $5k ensemble, not including jewelry, but this disturbed and frightened the monied and connected because they (black) dressed like "thugs." gallons of ink were used at newspapers and hours spent on talking head TV and sports radio stations talking about what a terrible example these "thugs" (black) were having on our children.

the NBA instituted a dress code in the mid aughts, which banned:

quote:

Sleeveless shirts
Shorts
T-shirts, jerseys, or sports apparel (unless appropriate for the event (e.g., a basketball clinic), team-identified, and approved by the team)
Headgear of any kind while a player is sitting on the bench or in the stands at a game, during media interviews, or during a team or league event or appearance (unless appropriate for the event or appearance, team-identified, and approved by the team)
Chains, pendants, or medallions worn over the player's clothes
Sunglasses while indoors
Headphones (other than on the team bus or plane or in the team locker room)

noted menswear aficionado and future guy who wore a du-rag in court with an oversized crucifix after saying the n-word on tape, hulk hogan, instituted a similar dress code at one of restaurants.

https://www.tmz.com/2014/09/25/hulk-hogan-dress-code-beach-restaurant-black-clothes/

basically, people with more money or influence than grown men with lots of money and influence, successfully painted black dudes as criminals because they wore different clothes than ownership or journalists.

now, forced to dress like white people wanted them to, no one would ever complain about how black people dressed, acted, or protested against racism ever again and no one ever said anything about kaepernick or cam newton and we all lived happily ever after

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

i hope tony does a whole heap of cocaine and posts a lot

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

JethroMcB posted:

Okay Aron, you White Bitch.

lmao

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

stoke is a fantastic poster. little guy, big poster energy

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

all fuckin' day

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

teaching japanese wrestlers english via south park is kinda funny, ngl

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

A funny aspect of Zuffa era UFC PPVs is Joe Rogan would make little comments about Mike Goldberg whenever he went to the the bathroom between fights. Mike wasn't smart enough to just piss himself.

iirc goldberg was just housing energy drinks all show, so that probably exacerbated things too

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

the escape goat posted:

https://twitter.com/realkevinkelly/status/1764047461360783495?s=46&t=SAzsgcTOm2mN0U-mmqylug

er

is the bench what he calls his seat behind the table that he works at like, every week or

he's been canceled to the point where he's on TV every week and goddammit, he says somebody has to pay for that and i agree

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Sandman from ECW posted:

Honestly, Dracula has a pretty good wrestling strategy, if he gets hurt/tired just gotta drink someone’s blood.

Is Hangman a Dracula?

a teacher-farmer cowboy gets so depressed he wishes he was dead, but monkey paw suprise: you're a dracula now, so you still gotta show up and work

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

yeah i have to use facebook for work and it was down for a while today. i just didn't post my news on facebook and the world kept turning

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

"sandman in a goku shirt" would be a good username imo

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

VideoWitch posted:

Who the gently caress are any of those people?

dude with the belt looks like if jon bernthal played john cena in a bio pic

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

the guy who calls people "cosmically impotent" because they can't blow up the moon will not be flummoxed nor captivated by cheap parlor tricks

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Because I can't let a question go unanswered, RC is apparently owned by Kuerig Dr Pepper, and there are some places that have RC Cola dispensing machines, the soda reddit (anecdotally) is unaware of, say, an amusement park or movie theater that only has RC as the available cola. You might see RC available if a local Dr Pepper distributor makes it available and a store opts to use it

...and what a stupid snipe lol

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

C. Everett Koop posted:

Easy to sell out when you only make four shirts.

there's six sizes, smart guy :colbert:

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

i don't of know any 13-year-old women. i think they're usually called "children"

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

yeah, iirc homer weighs like 239 lbs per some simpsons book my friend had as a kid. i was 14 pounds lighter when i left for boot camp (tbf, i was a beefcake at the time and needed a waiver despite having a low bodyfat percentage)and now im just fat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

drake diss songs are awesome in that they run from "you worry about not being black enough and you're a deadbeat dad" in a very serious but not deep way [pusha-t's "story of adidon"] to "you're not black enough to say the n-word, and you shouldn't be around children" in a very serious but deep way [kendrick's work]

but for real, the story of adidon is maybe the meanest diss since "hit em up" and i love seeing drake get tuned up a bit