Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

AND MANGA!

let's not get too hasty now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Manga is in fact superior to anime, a medium primarily for children.

Gridman still rocks though

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Acerbatus posted:

Manga is in fact superior to anime, a medium primarily for children.
indeed. for example, in anime, there are dozens of romcoms with dense male leads. in manga, there are hundreds

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Yeah Manga rules.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
and gaming

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

symbolic posted:

let's not get too hasty now

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Gaming, potentially even better.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
In anime and manga, the main character can be oblivious to the world around them, but in gaming you, personally, can be oblivious and have hundreds of internet strangers yell at you and call you blind, and I think that's beautiful.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Red Minjo posted:

In anime and manga, the main character can be oblivious to the world around them, but in gaming you, personally, can be oblivious and have hundreds of internet strangers yell at you and call you blind, and I think that's beautiful.

please do not peer into my alliance raid roulettes like this

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i like protagonists who are active in the writing and dynamics and do things that are entertaining to watch.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

The Colonel posted:

i like protagonists who are active in the writing and dynamics and do things that are entertaining to watch.

*nodding* I also like homer simpson

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

Hello ADTRW. I am your new IK. The mod staff of this website haven't yet recognized me, but I'm sure this will all be resolved in a little while. I hope we can all have fun and post about anime together :)

:cheerdoge:

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

GorfZaplen posted:

Hello ADTRW. I am your new IK. The mod staff of this website haven't yet recognized me, but I'm sure this will all be resolved in a little while. I hope we can all have fun and post about anime together :)

Oh thank god. We need someone to wrangle in the Pop Team Epic thread. It's crazy in there!

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

I'm usually indifferent to Tomino girls but I really like Gaw for some reason.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Tales of Woe posted:

this one has an anime next season fyi

:aaaaa: Thanks for letting me know, I had no idea. Sick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17YXAQoyH2Q

GorfZaplen posted:

Huh, cheers but I thought that was supposed to be Namtab.

wait what did you do to namtab, oh god oh gently caress

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It was a lazy Sunday evening for the wife and I, and as I was perusing the anime section on Netflix I found the bunny girl senpai anime. The little trailer they played for it, which is just like a minute or two from the first episode, had us bewildered enough to give it a shot.

All in all we've watched 4 episodes and we're both shocked it snagged us. The title didn't really do it favors for us, but the show seems enjoyable enough. Looking around I see there's a movie that came out--anyone familiar with the series that can tell me if the movie is worth it?

Shinjobi fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Aug 23, 2021

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
It's been a while but I remember liking the movie

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

it's a direct continuation of the adaptation, so if you liked the show, you're pretty likely to enjoy the movie too.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

GorfZorak

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

i dont think this is true

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt1F4Pgp6fQ

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

what is this from lmao

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
he'll yeah woke up drunk and now im getting mozz sticks from sheetz

Thanks legs

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Colonel posted:

I mean same, but sometimes you gotta take what you can get.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

verbal enema posted:

he'll yeah woke up drunk and now im getting mozz sticks from sheetz

Thanks legs

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

The noble culture of my homeland western PA, chomping down Sheetz food while wasted.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Mentat Radnor posted:

The noble culture of my homeland western PA, chomping down Sheetz food while wasted.

um excuse me im in NE Ohio dont sully my noble birth with mentionings of PA

good mozz sticks tho i dipped them in nacho cheese

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

wtf

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I saw a ton of those while driving to and from home back when I was in college but I never got any food from one

I probably should have, back when my body could handle eating garbage all the time

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

verbal enema posted:

what is this from lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nuvca6MPO0s

it's an 80s tomino/nagano mecha anime that sort of has a serious universe but it's from a wacky part of tomino's 80s directorial cycle so 95% of it is comedy with lots of extremely energetic slapstick

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

l-gaim rules and also led to five star stories, one of the most bizarre cultural artifacts in the entire anime industry

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

Mentat Radnor posted:

There's three manga series that I would love to see get competent anime adaptations in the near future:

Skip and Loafer is a wholesome and understated comedy / SOL / romcom that has very endearing characters and some charming art. 9.5/10 please read. I really wish the missing chapters had translations on mdex.

Blue Period is a wonderfully drawn coming of age story about a delinquent finding his love of art and self-expression, and the side characters are really the star of the show. I can't wait to see where it goes. This series would need a really competent character designer to showcase the mangaka's characters and intent, but it could be fantastic as an animated series.

Sengoku Komachi Kuroutan: Noukou Giga, which is one of the few isekai series I've read that don't feel completely derivative and uninteresting. Modern Japanese Highschool girl gets ported back to Nobunaga-era Japan. Of course she leverages her knowledge to great effect, but still has to deal with the social and physical realities of that time period. It's a fun read, and would make a great series I think! It also serves as a nice Japanese history lesson.

Thanks for this. I just read through all that exists of Sengoku Komachi Kuroutan in one sitting. I'll have to check out the other two also.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Skip and Loafer's been licensed by Seven Seas so we should get those missing chapters again sooner or later

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Daedalus1134 posted:

Thanks for this. I just read through all that exists of Sengoku Komachi Kuroutan in one sitting. I'll have to check out the other two also.

My pleasure, it was one of those things that I clicked randomly on mangadex many months ago and ended up following, among dozens of random clicks that I didn't even bother to read a second chapter of.

DoubleDonut posted:

Skip and Loafer's been licensed by Seven Seas so we should get those missing chapters again sooner or later

Oh wow, physical print release?! I'm buying it, awesome ty.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Shinjobi posted:

It was a lazy Sunday evening for the wife and I, and as I was perusing the anime section on Netflix I found the bunny girl senpai anime. The little trailer they played for it, which is just like a minute or two from the first episode, had us bewildered enough to give it a shot.

All in all we've watched 4 episodes and we're both shocked it snagged us. The title didn't really do it favors for us, but the show seems enjoyable enough. Looking around I see there's a movie that came out--anyone familiar with the series that can tell me if the movie is worth it?

The series is gold and the movie is amazing.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I really enjoyed the series and the movie made a good ending for it, as far as endings go in light novel land anyway.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

GorfZaplen posted:

what's an ik

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i am ik and it is daytime