Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

CubeTheory posted:

Anyone have an opinion about the Hunter X Hunter movies?

possess the qualities of both rubber and glue (flop and stink)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

CubeTheory posted:

Anyone have an opinion about the Hunter X Hunter movies?

theyre pretty boring and generic shonen movies, some okay fights in them but absolutely none of the appeal of the series or any decent character moments.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I dunno much about the movies besides that one guy apparently has a new special version of Nen that’s fueled by negative emotion which sounds dumb cause that’s already what nen is, but unlike other mediocre anime movies I do appreciate that some of the best tracks in the main series are from them.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Strange Quark posted:

The self flagellating Americans do posting about other Americans is kind of cringe; it's the most populous English speaking country in the world. Of course it'll have the biggest number of idiots you see as an English speaker.

sorry, it's just that there are a bunch of really loud idiots proudly proclaiming how they won't take the vaccine, and it's extremely frustrating

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Willo567 posted:

sorry, it's just that there are a bunch of really loud idiots proudly proclaiming how they won't take the vaccine, and it's extremely frustrating

These idiots were marching up and down the road a block away from my house! From their signs, I learned that the covid vaccine is a patented bioweapon. Very informative, and exciting that they were healthcare workers protesting their place of employments vaccine requirments.

very cool. cool cool cool.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im not sure what this has to do with anime

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Endorph posted:

A lot of Japanese voice actors have been getting covid lately

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Larryb posted:

A lot of Japanese voice actors have been getting covid lately
no that part i get

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Strange Quark posted:

The self flagellating Americans do posting about other Americans is kind of cringe; it's the most populous English speaking country in the world. Of course it'll have the biggest number of idiots you see as an English speaker.

India's actually the most populous English speaking country in the world, i believe if you include second and third languages.

Edit: looks like it's actually second, after the US.

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Aug 22, 2021

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

sorry, let's talk about anime then. what series do you all want to see licensed that hasn't been yet?

i'd love to see the rest of the brave shows licensed, as well as raideen (the 70's one)

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Do reboots count? I want to see a reboot of Trigun, but way longer with all of the stuff from the manga.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

biscuit hammer...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Teppuu....

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Endorph posted:

I crushed up a fullmoon wo sagashite box set into a fine powder and injected it into my veins, instead of getting the so called "vaccine", and I'm just fine

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Alert alert albatross?

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Endorph posted:

I've been awake for 24 hours in an attempt at the 'Full Reversal' sleep schedule reset and I'm posting through it. Not even sure what thread I'm in half the time.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

both of the YKK OVAs should have gotten translated and dubbed but I guess it's hard to really find a market for it, seeing as how there have been subtitled rips on youtube for forever

Still, a nice upscaled version and maybe a dub would be worth it if they came on the heels of a new 12 episode series

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Hey, that's the first step towards recovery. :)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

:same:

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

Wark Say posted:

Hey, that's the first step towards recovery. :)

I'm sorry, it's terminal

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Willo567 posted:

sorry, let's talk about anime then. what series do you all want to see licensed that hasn't been yet?

i'd love to see the rest of the brave shows licensed, as well as raideen (the 70's one)

All of these already have fansubs, support the little guy and watch them now :cheers:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

All of these already have fansubs, support the little guy and watch them now :cheers:

looks at might gaine and sighs

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
There's three manga series that I would love to see get competent anime adaptations in the near future:

Skip and Loafer is a wholesome and understated comedy / SOL / romcom that has very endearing characters and some charming art. 9.5/10 please read. I really wish the missing chapters had translations on mdex.

Blue Period is a wonderfully drawn coming of age story about a delinquent finding his love of art and self-expression, and the side characters are really the star of the show. I can't wait to see where it goes. This series would need a really competent character designer to showcase the mangaka's characters and intent, but it could be fantastic as an animated series.

Sengoku Komachi Kuroutan: Noukou Giga, which is one of the few isekai series I've read that don't feel completely derivative and uninteresting. Modern Japanese Highschool girl gets ported back to Nobunaga-era Japan. Of course she leverages her knowledge to great effect, but still has to deal with the social and physical realities of that time period. It's a fun read, and would make a great series I think! It also serves as a nice Japanese history lesson.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Aurora posted:

looks at might gaine and sighs

Oh yeah :eng99:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i wonder why the sub group that was doing it stopped...

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Aurora posted:

i wonder why the sub group that was doing it stopped...

I've heard rumors that another sub group will pick it up, at some point, eventually, maybe.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Mentat Radnor posted:

Blue Period is a wonderfully drawn coming of age story about a delinquent finding his love of art and self-expression, and the side characters are really the star of the show. I can't wait to see where it goes. This series would need a really competent character designer to showcase the mangaka's characters and intent, but it could be fantastic as an animated series.

this one has an anime next season fyi

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

I've heard rumors that another sub group will pick it up, at some point, eventually, maybe.

tell them to hurry up

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
anyone got any good clips of the new HoloEN vtubers

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Hello ADTRW. I am your new IK. The mod staff of this website haven't yet recognized me, but I'm sure this will all be resolved in a little while. I hope we can all have fun and post about anime together :)

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

hello

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

Hello ADTRW. I am your new IK. The mod staff of this website haven't yet recognized me, but I'm sure this will all be resolved in a little while. I hope we can all have fun and post about anime together :)

:cheerdoge:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

GorfZaplen posted:

a fair hand-drawn hand to ensure the rules are enforced.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

GorfZaplen posted:

can you sticky the game boy thread and the old pictures of dogs thread please

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Captain Invictus posted:

a fair hand-drawn hand to ensure the rules are enforced.

hand-drawn hand-turkey

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

GorfZaplen posted:

i like anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

symbolic posted:

i like anime

AND MANGA!