Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I really like this essay on Miami Vice, I come back to it from time to time

http://www.sensesofcinema.com/2007/feature-articles/miami-vice/
Another good Miami Vice piece is this podcast episode. It's a very good movie. I like the director's cut, which doesn't make a ton of changes but which does some interesting stuff. I agree with everyone that the opening in the club is much better, and the director's cut loses that, so I wouldn't watch it my first time seeing the movie, but afterwards I'm a fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Island Nation posted:

Aren't most biopics essentially fine tuned for award season? Ditto for War movies (especially WWII)
Yeah but that's no excuse! "Most everyone else is doing a bad job" doesn't justify your doing a bad job!

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Dammit I'm missing a bunch of poo poo! When you're outside the US it turns out to be really hard to find a way to stream this thing.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
I have officially given up trying to find some bootleg stream or whatever. Closest I got was some Australian channel called 7plus with a VPN, but it just tantalizing shows a "play" button which does nothing when clicked. You people in this thread are now my sole source of Oscar updates.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

My Face When posted:

Its the normal circlejerk ceremony. Just more relaxed.
Yeah but Soderbergh is in charge! And anyways I like the normal circlejerk ceremony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

My Face When posted:

As do I, but the irony of the whole affair is not lost on me.
Well it's lost on me because I can't loving watch the thing :argh: