Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
So many people babbling about gunshots, it never ends.
Listen, Mabel, I grew up in a rural area where guns were just another tool, and if you have to ask ‘was that a gunshot?’...it wasn’t. If it WAS a gunshot, you say HOLY poo poo WHERE DID THAT GUNSHOT COME FROM.
And just because a car drives down the street slowly doesn’t mean it’s burglars casing your house in order to steal your valuable collection of milk glass and commemorative plates, it’s usually a DoorDash or Uber or Amazon driver trying to read your lovely excuse for address numbers.

rant over. I uninstalled after about two weeks. All the lost pets made me sad as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

The Cop-Lickin' Street Jerkers is my favourite Pat the Bunny band

I saw them open for the Cherry Poppin’ Daddies in 1994, although they were called the Cop-Jerkin Street Lickers back in those days.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

Edmund Sparkler posted:

I remember being a little shithead when I was young and it's been making me :psyboom: to see the same people I did did dumb poo poo with as a kid, posting on social media that kids today have no respect. Like, :wtc:?

I’ve pissed people off that I’ve known for 40 years off to the point where they ghost me for doing exactly that.

Like, dude, I knew you when you were a teenager and you were a loving idiot who dressed terribly and listened to lovely music, just like the rest of us, leave the poor kids alone. They have less to look forward to than we did and are trying to deal with it the best they can, STFU.

Fuckin’ douchebags.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

I get at least one ‘MY WORKTRUCK WAS STOLEN WITH THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS OF TOOLS IN IT Nextdoor message a week, as well as other break-in complaints.

It’s like, Dude, we live in a semi-sketchy area, why on earth are you leaving anything saleable on the street? I’ve lived here for 18 years and never had anything hosed with, because I don’t leave ANYTHING visible inside a car or truck. If I had a work truck or van full of tools, I’d sleep in the loving thing, those vehicles are like catnip for tweakers.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

Blue Moonlight posted:

In my area, it’s more like “THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS OF TOOLS WERE STOLEN OUT OF THE OPEN AND UNSECURED BED OF MY TRUCK.”

This is usually blamed on a combination of how “the DA no longer prosecutes crime”, politicians in Sacramento, and Gavin Newsom personally.

I see you and I live in the same area.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

My GF used a mobile vet that specializes in at-home euthanasia when her beloved little dog reached the end of the road - he was at least 16 and couldn’t move his hindquarters properly anymore. It was a bit cheaper than bringing him to the vet, but much easier on the dog.

And us, truthfully - it was mid-Covid and they weren’t letting people in to the vet’s office with their pets, so the thought of the poor creature’s last minutes would be spent in a strange place and with unfamiliar people was horrible.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

therobit posted:

Winco Foods here in the NW is employee owned (like actually not just as a fig leaf like Bi-Mart) and they have like 4-6 self checks but run like ten or more check stands on the weekend and even late night have checkers. It is all self-bagging unfortunately but they are cheaper than any other major grocery store in town and have a pretty decent selection.

Winco loving rocks, they spoiled me for every other grocery chain. Just like when I was a kid - more than three or four customers in the lines? Call back for MORE CHECKERS. Plus their bulk-food section is amazing in its breadth, do you know you can buy the Mac-n-cheese powder that comes in the little envelope by the pound? At Winco you can. Too bad they’re not more widespread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

therobit posted:

Yeah, the other thing I like is that because of the true employee ownership and it being an union shop, the benefits there are apparently really good. From what I have been told by people in the grocery industry, if you work at Winco as a checker for an entire career and take your stock grants and pension, you can retire pretty comfortably. For this reason they also have people there that have been there forever and don’t seem burned out and dead eyed. It reminds me of when I was a kid and my mom knew the cashiers at the grocery store because they had all been there for years and were able to make a working class living checking groceries rather than struggling to keep their head above water.

Most definitely. Back when I was driving semi-trucks after the ‘08 meltdown, I was going to try to get a regional route with Winco because of the good labor reputation it had.