Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ometeotl posted:

I finally got the new Monster Hunter

Wow... enjoy the ride !!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
the single best thing in the metal gear solid series is the fact that every time you use a machine gun in 3 snake starts going "rrrrrrRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH"

like, the whole motorcycle chase sequence is just and it's perfect

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Looper posted:

i enjoy reading people's impressions of the games they're playing

Same. Plus nobody is posting a drat thing so let Rarity have their fun.

Maybe people should be probed for spoilers.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Cardiovorax posted:

Decent people? Yes. Well-adjusted, though? gently caress no.

Certainly not if you played through MGS2

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://twitter.com/game_generate/status/1377168412867108864

Walla posted:

Being nice to Rarity is always solid policy.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Don't you hate when someone shows you a cool looking gif from some game being made and then ruins it by telling you that it's a survival crafting game

https://i.imgur.com/wKdXAPD.mp4

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You could try Bowser's Fury

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Ometeotl posted:

Don't you hate when someone shows you a cool looking gif from some game being made and then ruins it by telling you that it's a survival crafting game

It’s my least favorite feeling in the world

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
that looks rad :(

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
More survival crafting games should have giant laser golems, so I'm not seeing a downside there.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://imgur.com/lK5OUTN

https://imgur.com/MQBtVfq

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Apparently all my portable gaming systems have decided to fail me at once. 3DS only works when it's plugged in (probably a battery issue?), Vita is dead entirely (probably a battery issue?) and Switch is getting joycon drift. :argh:

Walla posted:

Not tellin her to stop posting about it entirely or anything, just that hitting edit would be more considerate. :shrug:

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Mar 31, 2021

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
That honestly looks cool as hell. What is the game going to be called?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

jokes on you i like survival crafting games!!!

Weedle
May 31, 2006

frankly i would rather read 100 more rarity posts about mgs4 than another post complaining about too many posts in the chat thread while also misgendering her. just one goon's opinion tho

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I wish the survival crafting games were like lost in blue and not all lovely minecraft or ark ripoffs

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

I wish the survival crafting games were like lost in blue and not all lovely minecraft or ark ripoffs

still waiting for someone to outdo unreal world

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Weedle posted:

frankly i would rather read 100 more rarity posts about mgs4 than another post complaining about too many posts in the chat thread while also misgendering her. just one goon's opinion tho

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Weedle posted:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Kerrzhe posted:

jokes on you i like survival crafting games!!!

Me too, but I don't like Minecraft.

Weedle posted:

Did I misgender her? I used the plural possessive because I wasn't sure. I'm sorry Rarity.

And please keep posting.

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Weedle posted:

:same:

Sluitstripje
Feb 7, 2008

What if, now hear me out, the Mario games going away is a long con april fools joke. Bet you guys didn't see that one comming.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Walla posted:

Me too, but I don't like Minecraft.

Did I misgender her? I used the plural possessive because I wasn't sure. I'm sorry Rarity.

And please keep posting.

It wasn't you, they is always safe for an unknown

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Game chat? In this game chat thread? Ridiculous

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

MGs4 is bad

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Weedle posted:

I don't know why you're being so aggro about this, but my bad on 'he'.

Jay Rust posted:

MGs4 is bad

MGS4 is a game that has a lot of heart in it but then absolutely no execution.

MGS2 is one of my favorite games ever, and it was made to not have a follow up so... whoops.

At least it did give us Rising.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Recently I've just been mashing games in shadowverse for hours on end with my free time which while fun isn't very fulfilling

I should buy Gnosia, that game sounds cool as heck

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

cheetah7071 posted:

It wasn't you, they is always safe for an unknown

:)

I'm still trying to get my head straight on gender identity now that my son is out.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

MGs4 is bad

It's great. The only tps better than it is mgsv

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
more survival games should be like Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gaius Marius posted:

It's great. The only tps better than it is mgsv

I think the gameplay was a step back from MGS3, since MGS3's survival mechanics were so interesting (even if on a technical level, MGS4 plays more smoothly) and that a lot of the half-baked mechanics do a disservice by being so unfinished. For example, befriending soldiers in act 1 and 2.

It's in 2 parts so it's not just to give one act an identity of it's own but then it doesn't appear again after that so it doesn't really develop to be more complex and interesting. It feels like it was supposed to have some kind of impact on something, but then it just doesn't.

Act 4 and 5 have some pretty good parts in them, but I think 4 has terrible boss fights.

Story wise, making it all about big boss was a mistake.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Rarity posted:

So if I understand this expodump right (and there's a good chance I don't), Snake's actually been working for the baddies ever since the start of the series :thunkher:

I mean, he was a US solider, so yeah

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Acerbatus posted:

Story wise, making it all about big boss was a mistake.

Yeah, Big Boss is my least favorite aspect of any Metal Gear outside of 3. I think it worked for the latter as a one-off, but he's kind of a boring character beyond that imo. I feel like a lot of the sections that focus on him in the later MGS games just kind of repeated what 3 was about, and didn't really add much to his character or the general themes of the series.

I also think Solid Snake's supporting cast does a better job of having a variety of personalities and paths of life that interact with the series' war economy, cyberpunk nonsense, and I personally find that more rewarding as a player. That being said, I admit I haven't involved myself in a lot of the codecs and extra stuff of the portable games and V as much as I did in the other entries.

Blue Labrador fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 31, 2021

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

psychoJ posted:

more survival games should be like Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

I don't know the specific reason but :yeah:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blue Labrador posted:

Yeah, Big Boss is my least favorite aspect of any Metal Gear outside of 3. I think it worked for the latter as a one-off, but he's kind of a boring character beyond that imo. I feel like a lot of the sections that focus on him in the later MGS games just kind of repeated what 3 was about, and didn't really add much to his character or the general themes of the series.

I also think Solid Snake's supporting cast does a better job of having a variety of personalities and paths of life that interact with the series' war economy, cyberpunk nonsense, and I personally find that more rewarding as a player. That being said, I admit I haven't involved myself in a lot of the codecs and extra stuff of the portable games and V as much as I did in the other entries.

3 and peace walker he's got some life to him, not so much V. None of the support cast in V is very interesting either.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Hwurmp posted:

I don't know the specific reason but :yeah:

you're part of a bunch of castaways stranded on a remote island. there's a little bit of crafting and resource management involved, but ultimately you survive by beating the poo poo out of monsters coming for your settlement and exploring the rest of the island,, all with a really fun combat system. it's a winning formula imo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

MGs4 is bad

I'm still unsure on how I rate this game overall cause there's some real great bits in there and I'm digging the story but the connecting tissue is really light. As a stealth game it feels incredibly light in gameplay compared to 2 and 3 (and I understand it does work if you play it as more straight-up action game). It's like it's a good game but it's a bad Metal Gear Solid game

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Ubisoft is making a feature film about a video game reviewer that experiences her love life like a dating sim. Or something.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210331005707/en/Ubisoft-Film-Television-Announces-Script-Deal-for-Feature-Film

And there's also a "horror comedy" based on their VR game Werewolves Within coming later this year.

What?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Ometeotl posted:

I saw this and immediately thought of... K. Rool's final smash...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2_1DNVh6kY&t=7s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Halo Infinite delayed to 2022. To the surprise of no one.