Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Harrow posted:

The way the Yakuza: Like a Dragon PS5 upgrade is working is really dumb and probably means I won't actually take the upgrade and just stick with the PS4 version. I was gonna do an NG+ playthrough after the upgrade but apparently my PS4 version save won't work in the PS5 version, even though I was already playing on a PS5 and it's like, right there

Same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Baller Time posted:

DE voice acting better have the croakiest, 20-years-of-chain-smoking voices possible for every character

Do the Chapo boys fit this description?

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Ah yes, the best superhero film, A Night at the Roxbury. Finally some level headed discussion

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Khanstant posted:

I miss when a new superhero movie was exciting, even if you knew it was going to be terrible. Now it's like you can't throw a rock without hitting one and they've all ascended to this weird purgatory that is neither good nor bad, but in its bland neutrality demands ever more sacrifice from the people's whose culture begins and ends with disney owned IP.

but yeah spiderverse was good

:yeah:

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Saint's Row

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I re-installed over the weekend FFXIV so I can play through the 5.X patch content in anticipation.

Instead of playing my 80 BLM, I played my 25 GLA and tanked The Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak and I forgot that ARR does not prevent you from engaging the boss early if someone in your party needs to watch the cutscene :sweatdrop:

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Jay Rust posted:

Everyone knows mmorpg expacs go good-bad-good-bad

If any MMO can break this cycle, it is FFXIV

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Help Im Alive posted:

I liked stormblood a lot shrugging emoji

I do too for what its worth. I think even its detractors don't think it's bad, just a distant third to ShB and HW

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Macaluso posted:

And again, Stormblood has one of the best character moments of the whole game Y'shtola's severe burn on the dude in the Azim Steppe

I think about this moment every time I think about FFXIV. It vaults Y'Shtola to the top of FFXIV friendos stack rankings

Draga posted:

The Burn: Savage

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
buncha math nerds in this thread.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Watched The King of Kong today. Billy Mitchell seems like a massive a-hole.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Very glad I don’t need to think about math regularly. Get that TeX out of here you nerds. I’m instead in a career where everyone thinks their smart even though most of ‘em ain’t.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Having played both in the last year, I prefer the linearity of FFXIII over FFX

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Speaking of Yakuza, I finished Yakuza Kiwami 2. It is a really great game with quite an ending sequence. I do think the emphasis on weapons ultimately dampens the experience though.

It also helped me identify some issues for me about Like A Dragon. Specifically, I think Yokohama is just a little too big. I rarely use taxis in Sotenbori or Kamurocho, but used them all the time in Yokohama. The other issue I had is, while I liked the JRPG style combat in Like A Dragon, it ultimately made me dread random encounters on the street because the battle just took longer.

Regardless, both games are great. I immediately jumped into Yakuza 3, and I'm excited to see where this goes, especially because while the core gameplay of the series is there, it isn't remade the way all the other entries I've played thus far are.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

The best Yakuza is the one with all the Japanese wrestlers in it

Based on the credits, Kiwami 2 has some affiliation with NJPW, but I couldn't tell you what it was.

Glad I don't care about association with wrestling though

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I always considered Graffiti the most honest artistic expression

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Hello, my name is Floyd, and I'm an auditor for the World Achievement Hunting Guild, AMA.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Rarity posted:

I just have to get through 13 years of games in the next 6 months and I can join you all for Horizon Forbidden West :derp:

How will you know if you like that game if you aren't in the correct decade for the first one?

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Rarity posted:

Everything I've heard and seen about HZD makes it sound like completely my jam

I thought that too, and I'm 0/3 on attempts to play the game.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Goop? No thank Gwyneth.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Rarity posted:

gently caress I completely missed 17 and 18

You wouldn't have played them yet anyways :v:

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Rarity posted:

I feel very attacked by this post :saddowns:

I'm sorry :(

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Rarity posted:

https://twitter.com/Troylus_true/status/1367646558209052674

The alt-right guy hosed off from the Hogwarts game

lmao, not even pausing before jumping into the grift. This must have worked out exactly as he'd hope.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Substack incoming

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
grandpa_simpson_rotating_door.gif

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Rinkles posted:

Question, did you luxuriate in the wind?

(the game sadly looks nothing like the hiroshi nagai cover)

This is a fantastic cover

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Rarity posted:

Goons help I've only had 2.5 hours sleep and I fear I'm too tired to game tonight :ohdear:

You should go to sleep

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I played a match of MahjongSoul last night, and the match went into South 1 because no one had the requisite points, and I was sitting in fourth place. I proceeded to get a Baiman and felt very accomplished. That's my gamer story from the weekend.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

homeless snail posted:

thats a nice win, enchou is the most exciting and nerveracking time in a mahjong game

I even saved the match log because I'm a nerd

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Arzaac posted:

Did you get a really good hand or was it an "oops I just happened into 6 Dora" kind of Baiman?

100% the latter. (Riichi, Seat, Prevalant, Dora, Red Five, Ura Dora)

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Is Monster Hunter Stories worth digging out my 3DS for?

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Apologies for asking about Monster Hunter Stories then getting wrapped up in work. I appreciate the responses and it sounds like it could be a decent companion while I do something else.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
IANAT, but second-hand knowledge has informed me that you can tell therapists upfront that you're meeting to evaluate fit, and that firings happen.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Jay Rust posted:

I love cat pics, dog pics, and food pics

Cat pics?

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
The cat I just shared a pic of gashed me while jumping out of my arms. I only have myself to blame

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Harrow posted:

How do I get into beat-em-ups

I used to enjoy messing around with like the old TMNT and Streets of Rage games when I was a kid but I was always awful at them. Streets of Rage 4 looks really good but the last time I played a beat-em-up I felt like I didn't really "get" how they're supposed to work. They feel very stiff to me and I have a hard time avoiding damage so I just kinda get owned.

Is there a One Weird Trick?

I'm certified not good, but I felt like I was getting better by understanding the timings in streets of rage 4 instead of mashing the button on combos.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I've been meaing to play Treachery in Beatdown City too

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Cats are so great :3:

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

who would win in a fight:

A Dragon Quest Slime or an Atelier Puni

brb, emailing saltybets to resolve this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I don't know what smashy bet is, but with the name involved, I'm happy to live in this ignorance.