Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

You could also carry your character's file over between games in the Quest for Glory series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Time for some Wario ASMR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7PTQ-vLP_w

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

they do develop non-MTX/gacha games for apple arcade but there's not enough exclusives to apple arcade to justify it for the average person

True, but that's still a really big plus IMO, knowing that their curated selection of games don't have paid currencies or boosters.

I don't have an Apple device though, so whatever.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Huge missed opportunity by the QWERTY layout designers to not have all the roman numeral letters in the same row.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Shepard and Baldur are recognizable, the rest is basically impossible unless you have some very deep love for the games they're in.

I remember seeing this a long time ago, don't remember them all but I do know a few are from extremely forgettable games and others are very famous characters.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

stev posted:

A new Warioware game should be bundled with Nintendo Online and constantly updated with new microgames.

Why is there not a WarioWare for Switch

Why

WHY NINTENDO

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

A man of two worlds, esports and sports.

Well, used to be, anyway. Now he resides in the void.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

The sprites do look good (Tribute does nice sprite games in general) but part of me wishes it looked more like that killer opening - like Streets of Rage 4.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Ken Kutaragi is back! In bar patron form!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yczs6JDwjyY

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

When gamergate rolled around he didn't directly comment on it but he was much more concerned about people who get offended by things than by the harassment going on and used a really, really gross analogy to convey that.

I don't think he's changed that much since then. Some years ago he was doing "Let's Drown Out" streams where he talked over a game with some friend of his and eventually I got tired of his centrist tendencies and complaining about the SJWs, etc. He has not evolved at all.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Was Triple Town ever as aggressively cloned as Threes? Wasn't there a lawsuit or something?

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Convex posted:

I wanted to get Hudson Hawk on the Amstrad but never found a copy anywhere. I did find the Gameboy version in a weird second hand shop in Swanage when we were on holiday which turned out to be quite good. Years later I saw the film and was disappointed he did not throw tennis balls at people for the entire runtime.

I remember playing Hudson Hawk a lot on the Amiga, the music and the opening stages are etched into my brain.

I should add that I have never seen the movie.

ErrEff fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Mar 19, 2021

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

One fun experience I remember was when I got a demo disk from a magazine (when they were still floppies) for some neat speedboat racing game.

The disk must've been faulty because I remember trying it many, many times and it would never work. Then one day my friend comes over and while I'm away from the computer he decides to try it out, boots the disk and apparently the game demo works!

I come back and right as I sit down I notice he's playing the speedboat game. He turns it off because it's boring.

The disk never worked again. I can also not remember the name, so it will forever be my white whale.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

All the other Lego games are and I'm a completionist

Wow, I think there are like 20 of those (at least the ones that Traveller's Tales made).

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Larryb posted:

Looney Tunes had a couple recent cartoons at least, not sure about Tom & Jerry aside from the recent movie though (which apparently sucked)

I liked the Looney Tunes 'reboot' that was made like a decade ago (The Looney Tunes Show), but apparently it wasn't a hit with critics or most fans.

The guys in charge of that show are the ones that made the most recent Scooby and T&J films - and Space Jam 2. Don't know what to think about that...

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

http://bostonreview.net/gender-sexuality/samuel-clowes-huneke-death-gay-bar

quote:

Today it feels like that history is slipping through our fingers. Gay bars around the country are going under. Greggor Mattson, a sociology professor at Oberlin College, found that 37 percent of U.S. gay bars closed between 2007 and 2019. In the entire country there are only fifteen lesbian bars left, a fact that spurred the creation of The Lesbian Bar Project in October of last year. The United States is not alone—European gay bars have been failing for some time now.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Simone Magus posted:

I've never had a Twitter account and I literally never look at it.

It legitimately depresses me that so few people are willing to just ignore all this stupid bullshit.

This is me and my relationship with Facebook. I never log into my account but my email is constantly spammed with "updates" from people, but the details are always cut off so you have to click through to see the actual posts, which I never do.

Maybe I should go disable those emails. But that would require me logging into Facebook again. Lol, I ain't doing that.

My exposure to Twitter these days is purely through seeing embeds and screenshots - but at least they make their site somewhat functional without an account.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

The cycle of platforms is that a new one comes along, is pretty good, people migrate to it, then as soon as enough people are hooked that it'd be super annoying to switch off, they start stealing your data. Repeat ad infinitum

This. Discord was very fast to get people to adopt it because it was quick/easy to sign up for and it works in a browser (and mobile with voice chat). The community has been good at creating the "free" infrastructure that you see in a lot of channels - bot scripts and automation, which helps make life even easier for users.

It's become such an integral part of how many smaller indie companies foster fan communities, moreso Twitter and Facebook. And since they make no money and their attempts at selling subscriptions and turning Discord into a games storefront failed, of course they're doing something with your data.

Very valuable GAMER BEHAVIOR DATA.

Just lol if it ends up being Facebook. Because of course it's gonna be them. Facebook account linking required in 3, 2, 1...

ErrEff fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Mar 23, 2021

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Amazon dearly wants to have its own popular multiplayer game so they can prominently feature and promote it at all times on Twitch.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.amazon.com/Gex-Novelization-Teitelbaum/dp/0816763410

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

It's a psyop. Don't fall for it.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I said come in! posted:

This is a horrible move on Sony's part. With absolutely no back up plan in place, like backwards compatibility on PS4/5, Sony really loving sucks.

"We believe in generations"

"Parts of the old generation are now going away forever, too bad"

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Mmm, reheated memes I can pay for.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Ubisoft is making a feature film about a video game reviewer that experiences her love life like a dating sim. Or something.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210331005707/en/Ubisoft-Film-Television-Announces-Script-Deal-for-Feature-Film

And there's also a "horror comedy" based on their VR game Werewolves Within coming later this year.

What?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

They are very much artifacts of their era.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2NKSa7BQEc&t=21s