Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Capitalism is a shell game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It felt like a corridor the whole way to me. A friend of mine played through 3/4 of that game just waiting for it to open up, and then gave up in resignation when he finally realized it never would.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

There's an RPG maker game about a world that gets created at one end and devoured by malevolent fog at the other, forcing its inhabitants to live in a never-ending nomadic journey (towns do exist but they are regarded as spiritually decadent and by nature impermanent).

It's still not as linear as FF10.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

One-Way Heroics?

The Way

I can't remember if I liked it or not. The way this wiki is written has me leaning towards "not".

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

This is a really weird topic for everyone to get so immediately angry and hostile over.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Harrow posted:

They swapped their color schemes so Mythra has Pyra's hair/clothing colors and Pyra has Mythra's.

How can you tell lol

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Relax Or DIE posted:

I like the weeble statues in lost izalith, and of course the big blender suction boys

Everyone loves the big boy.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Weedle posted:

true, but spider-man is usually so pro-cop that it’s still jarring for them to be like “time to kill his rear end.” an illustrative lesson, i suppose

Don't get your information about Spider-man from the recent video games, the comics are rarely that copaganda and he gets shot at by cops constantly in them.

There's an entire stage of the psx spider-man game that's a police helicopter trying to shoot Spider-man dead.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Do not pay attention to Brand.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Don't play with my feelings like this.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

VideoGames posted:

I have over a hundred others made for use. Maybe I should do fortnitely avs for a year just to get through a ton! :3:

An animated gif cycling through 100 avatars at lightspeed.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Walla posted:

Americans will usually have a piece of bread and butter with their pasta. It's generally used to sop up any remaining sauce after the meal.

Sometimes I like to take my spaghetti and put some on my buttered bread, like my grandpa used to do. :)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I know people love FFV and maybe mechanically it is a Perfect Game or whatever.

But I never fell in love with its music and music is like 70+% of FF to me.

Battle on the Big Bridge is easily one of the top 5 songs in the entire series.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I like Ultros just fine but Gilgamesh is easily one of the best characters to come out of the entire franchise. He has more personality than most protagonists.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Handsome dog.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

stev posted:

I remember him saying some pretty questionable poo poo in some series he did outside the main show. My brain is too bad to remember what he actually said though so maybe he's fine.

When gamergate rolled around he didn't directly comment on it but he was much more concerned about people who get offended by things than by the harassment going on and used a really, really gross analogy to convey that.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

Do you ever wonder what you would've done in the million hours you'd gain if you had never been :justpost:ing here

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

it's a strong contender, though ps4 has had a fuckin run

What are some good PS4 games besides Bloodborne and that giant robot one. I might buy a used one soon.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

just exclusives?

FF7R
13 Sentinels (i assume that's the giant robot one)
God of War
Persona 5 Royal
TLOU 2 and the 1 remaster
Shadow of Colossus remake
The Last Guardian
Judgment and Yakuza 6 (probably coming to PC soon though)
Spider-man
the Uncharted series
Ghosts of Tsushima

Hmmm, that's not a lot of games I want to play. I'm not interested in Naughty Dog games or Persona, and some of those others are just eh to me as well. Maybe I should get an Xbone instead.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

fridge corn posted:

What games do you want to play?

Idk, I don't have like a list in mind, just the only exclusives in that list that seem like must-gets are Spider-mans and Yakuza. Even discounted that doesn't seem worth buying a whole console for.

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Bone exclusives are dire, and irrelevant if you have a PC, but the backward compatibility is pretty rad

Oh yeah, I guess everything I want on the Xbone would run on my PC. I'm just a little worried some of it wouldn't run so good.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Is there a tabletop simulator thread? I'm looking for models to fit a theme I'm building for a special game night and it's not going well.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It's very strange how it's a game where you collect a party of ragtag adventurers and go to distant worlds but all the adventurers stay on the ship.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Electric Phantasm posted:

BOTW made realize I still find ragdoll physics funny as hell and probably always will.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Hm, the non-egoraptor half of the Game Grumps just got outed as a groomer, backed with lots of pretty convincing evidence. That's not good.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The amount of bad is in flux atm, but there is definitely bad.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I haven't played any of the games or read the books but I enjoyed it a lot. Be aware that the episodes take place out of chronological order though.

I'm still confused by that choice.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The only thing I can figure is that it was done so that all 3 central characters would appear a bit in every episode, but that the choice came too late in production to make the transition between eras feel natural.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

It's still lame as hell that MGS4 went with the whole hey everything is happening because of nanomachines, it was always nanomachines thing that stuck with the series ever since :\

MGS4 bad.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Zushio posted:

I didn't even need to click this to know exactly what it was.

One of my friends is basically a chubby version of Senator Armstrong in terms of appearance. They have different politics, but almost the exact same style of speech and grandiose "tough decisions" attitude. Also totally the type to go in for a hug when he thinks he has won an argument.

Also, yeah. Remaster (or sequel) when. I thought Raiden kind of sucked in MGS2 even if the game itself is good. 4 he was mostly just silly, if kinda cool. Ever since I played Revengeance I refer to him as Jack and think he is awesome as hell.

Giving Raiden the Cloud Strife "wants to be seen as cool by others" insecurity was brilliant characterization.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Convex posted:

Man the development process for Zelda: Wind Waker must have been a real mess. I never got past the first Hyrule Castle section when I played it originally but now I'm (presumably) about to go into the final dungeon, there's clearly a load of filler and missing content here. In particular the Triforce hunt is just a load of busywork considering you first have to visit every grid square and feed a fish, before saving up a load of money and doing a scavenger hunt. I love the overall gameplay and aesthetic but it feels like there's about a third of the game missing :(

I feel like this is true of every Zelda game after Ocarina of Time.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Monkey Fracas posted:

Yeah it's the giant crab with two big sword arms at the end

I think they also say it's sort of a big pointless dumb weapon and more about intimidating the populace of wherever they deploy the thing lol

Yeah it's a shelved project that was supposed to compete with Metal Gear Ray by going for "bigger is better" but was deemed too unwieldy and costly to deploy, and its relatively slow movement speed and ridiculous collateral damage would make it unworkable for precision engagements. Armstrong acquired it and made modifications to make it more melee-y. It's kind of like those failed nazi supertanks, but as a last minute gently caress you to a guy with a sword it's more than overkill.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

hatty posted:

It’s always weird to me when someone makes a movie about a game that’s heavily inspired by movies. It’s like a weird infinite loop

The smart ones will take inspiration from those original movies, like the MK film did. Otherwise you end up with nonsense like the Hitman or Max Payne films where it comes across like someone aping something they don't understand.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Mega man got his arm back

While Mega Man can remove his armor and revert to his original childlike form, he doesn't have such skinny human proportions b/c of internal mechanics necessary for his functions. He's got big Popeye forearms and chunky shins. This child is an impostor.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Previously on Persona 5 Strikers:

I thought I would revisit crepes and get some extra practice. This time around, a special request from the discord:

*sophia voice* this is the request:

Savory crepe batter had chives and scallion greens mixed in. Sunny side up egg on top of Swiss cheese and then folded into a square for maximum yolk deployment. The other crepe had Chinese doubanjiang (spicy bean paste), Swiss cheese, bacon, and Canadian bacon.

Sweet crepes. I was gonna put Nutella on one of them to get in the "chocolate" zone, but I couldn't find it in the store. One has a honey base and the other a strawberry jam base. Filled with banana, strawberry, mango, whipped cream; topped with same and dusted with powdered sugar.

Felt on-theme to have a Japanese Cat Beer

Happy Friday (or a solemn Passover, can't believe that it is tangentially related to Strikers...)

When is you gonna get a youtube cooking channel for gamers. You could be going viral.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

They made Steins Gate

Franken Stein's Gate

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Sometimes I think about how many hours were spent modeling and animating those ultra-realistic CGI eggs (that still look horrible and fake despite being overlaid over footage of real eggs) to make a really bad metaphor about womanhood and parenting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

https://twitter.com/game_generate/status/1377168412867108864

Walla posted:

Same. Plus nobody is posting a drat thing so let Rarity have their fun.

Maybe people should be probed for spoilers.

Being nice to Rarity is always solid policy.