Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

This sounds like a weird topic, but I know everyone probably has them and would like to talk about them. And I'm sure we'd like to here them! I'll post a couple:

∙A few years ago, while I was living in Portland, I ran into someone at a Japanese store (Uwajimaya). My family had previously brought her along on a trip to Japan per it being part of my sister's big 18th birthday present. She definitely recognized me, but didn't seem like I talking. But there was no I way I couldn't say "Hey are you... [person]???" It was and she had a very Japanese partner.

∙Y'know that video from 10 years ago where a guy fights people on a bus and he has a shirt that says "I AM A BADASS"? There's a whole Danny Trejo movie series about it. That day I was traveling to downtown San Francisco to watch Shutter Island and I knew that the big mall downtown was the place to be if I needed to pee. I had to skirt past this dude in the bathroom and I noticed his shirt. Several days later I saw the video and realized it was the same dude. He was on the bus in Oakland heading to San Francisco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I was on a road trip, and I decided to take some pictures in a random park next to a lake outside a town I was passing through. I just happened to pull into a parking space in the lot, right next to a guy I went to high school with. We hadn't seen each other in about 12 years, our hometown was 1000 miles away, and our graduating class in our tiny suburban town was about 93 people. He also just happened to be at his car because he was leaving right as I pulled in, until I waved to him and he recognized me, so we grabbed lunch and caught up for a bit. If either of us had been a few seconds off, or I hadn't picked that particular park at that specific time, we probably would've never seen each other again.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
Due to quantum fluctuations some stuff started existing, then nuclear fusion made more elements which got randomly distributed in space and formed tiny spheres and some stuff started self-replicating and after millions of years of evolution I am born and self aware and now I'm posting in this thread, just like you!

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
Back in college I had this friend, I'll call him Tyler. My now-wife-then-girlfriend and I were showing him this tank game on our Wii. He hadn't seen it before (so he said, and I believe him), and as we were gaining levels and unlocking different enemy tanks, he said "in the last level there'll be white tanks that...GO INVISIBLE!" That turned out to be true.

Not much later, we were all playing a game, Cranium IIRC. I had to do a charades thing, and the hint was "famous person" or something vague like that. He says "James Bond!" before I even do anything, and it was correct.

Now, maybe my friend was an absolute bullshitter who read about the tanks game ahead of time, and/or snuck a look at the charades card before I picked it up. Fine, maybe.

*BUT*

I was amazed by these two things, and a little later on I was alone with him and I made some joke about him being clairvoyant. Then I got out a deck of cards and pulled one at random and asked him to guess it. He guessed correctly, and I swear on my life there was no way he could have seen it.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

My eldest brother was on a train trip around Europe. He'd had a long stretch going in to Milan and hadn't had much sleep.

He had to get his passport checked and the lady checking asked him 'hey, are you [my middle brother' s name] 's brother?'

My oldest brother just nods dumbly and moves on. Never asked how this lady from Milan, which my middle brother had never been to, knew him or anything.

This was like 18 years ago or something and it's still the most frustrating story I've ever heard.

NLJP has a new favorite as of 18:18 on Mar 2, 2021

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

NLJP posted:

My eldest brother was on a train trip around Europe. He'd had a long stretch going in to Milan and hadn't had much sleep.

He had to get his passport checked and the lady checking asked him 'hey, are you [my middle brother' s name] 's brother?'

My oldest brother just nods dumbky and moves on. Never asked how this lady from Milan, which my middle brother had never been to, knew him or anything.

This was like 18 years ago or something and it's still the most frustrating story I've ever heard.

I find this incredibly frustrating too. There's no way to possibly solve the mystery now :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Please tell your brother I hate his guts