Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Flayer posted:

I think it's incredibly dangerous to treat any "not guilty" verdict as anything other than innocent. Otherwise we might as well just have a Japanese system with a 99% conviction rate where being hauled in front of a judge is basically an automatic presumption of guilt regardless of evidence.

oh, is that what the cardassian legal system in deep space nine was based on

anyway, I think it's possible to recognise the difficulty in convicting sexual assault charges without completely switching to that system. Like, if we say that not being found guilty means that Salmond is definitely innocent then we start opening up the possibility of saying his accusers are definitely lying, which is a bad road to go down (which of course a bunch of the unholy alliance of Wings-reading online chuds have already leant heavily into). like yeah, it's not feasible to actually do anything against a person who's been found not guilty, but like... it doesn't mean he definitely didn't do the specific bad things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Scotland's covid response has been pretty poo poo but still a bit less poo poo than England, which is often mistaken for being actually good. see also, everything else about Scotland

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I still maintain that eating chocolate is more fun when it is egg shaped. Perhaps not quite as fun to justify the full price hike, mind

e: Fourteen is a play by Alice Gerstenberg. This one-act social satire was first performed October 7, 1919 at the Maitland Playhouse, 332 Stockton Street, San Francisco, on a bill with three other one-act plays.[1] The San Francisco Chronicle remarked that it "gayly lampoons the question of dinner entertainments".

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

a count of those processed of those referred since december 2019 is a pretty unlikely reading of the requester's intent, imo, and the clinic should have clarified. if there's not a way within FOIA to clarify with the requester what they're asking then that's dumb

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

also when the other figures show a 2,600 person waiting list waiting as much as 5.7 years with 500 more people joining in in the space of a year then focusing so much on this one point of whether the gic is also bad in this other way is perhaps a bit of a distraction

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Algol Star posted:

It's understandable if people who don't have experience with this don't know this

in that case then, it seems a failure of this clinic or the FOI system in general to not have a process for the answerers to clarify what the questioner meant. FOI as mythical trickster literal-wish genie is not a great system

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Vitamin P posted:

You are a piece of poo poo and I'm extremely glad you aren't systemically representative of trans people because you very obviously don't give a gently caress about other trans people potentally being able to have good lives.

please let us transes know the correct way to talk about the things that affect us, edgelord cis boy

e: actually no, don't, don't post at all

literally what the gently caress do you actually know about trans healthcare

Angepain fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Mar 7, 2021

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Vitamin P posted:

like I actually give a poo poo about trans people.

if this string of posting is you giving a poo poo about trans people i would prefer a bit more apathy

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Rumda posted:

then why are you ignoring every other trans person posting and focusing on trying to gaslight me

you're wrangling us. we are being wrangled. you are the puppetmaster controlling us. presumably through internet hypnosis videos. i hear the transgenders use those all the time for their agendas

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Vitamin P posted:

Aww poor baby, keep exploiting unrelated oppressed people to justify you being a nasty little streak of piss.

It actually took me a second to realise why your last post felt so scummy and apologies for MSpaint it's not terribly readable but the point stands

you clicked quote and then went and changed what was written in the quote box what is wrong with you? You can't be this actively nasty, actively wierd and actively dishonest and still be so nastily judgemental about actually useful poo poo. You have zero moral highground twat.

I kinda skimmed this post but let's all have a wee look here, Vitamin P is declaring that Rumda is cruelly and dishonestly misrepresenting his point because she quoted him as saying: " If you were explicitly saying young trans people shouldn't be engaging with UK health services and you aren't even remotely close to having made that point." instead of "You were explicitly saying young trans people shouldn't be engaging with UK health services and you aren't even remotely close to having made that point." The difference is the word "if" at the front, it doesn't change the meaning other than make the grammar a bit odd and Rumda clearly replies to the point Vitamin P made

now this could be explained in two ways: a) Rumda split the post for replying, accidentally cut a bit off (as happens) and retyped it and forgot the exact wording, or b) Rumda decided the great, brilliant way to utterly discredit Vitamin P's brilliant posting was by making it look like he had made a slight typo or a minor rewording or something but didn't erase it correctly or some poo poo. gently caress this great deception was totally worth flying off the total loving handle Vitamin P what the gently caress is your deal. are you Jesse Singal

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Vitamin P posted:

\/ \/ not really

Yeah no it's pretty weird, dude

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Ash Crimson posted:

You'll notice when pressed about GIC's Vitamin P goes silent.

Now who's right here, the majority of Britain tran's peoples experiences with the GIC as an insitution or Vitamin P

It sure is weird that he seems to be more invested in policing when a trans person is allowed to be snippy with a cis person when discussing the godawful traumatic healthcare system, rather than engaging with the actual discussion of said healthcare system!

Actually maybe we can make this a Teaching Moment in Effects Of Societal Prejudice 101: When you find yourself getting more angry and concerned that a person in some opressed group might be being impolite or improper in calling out the prejudice that effects them, than you are about the actual hurt being done to them and the wider group of people - you might have something to examine about yourself! I can assure you when this happens with trans stuff - e.g. if a person claims to care about trans people but their twitter feed is mostly getting mad about use of the word Terf - every trans person in a 10 mile radius can see exactly what their deal is. Even if they can't and genuinely believe they can't possibly be prejudiced because they're a Good Person.

I'm sure the guy who unironically uses "woke" as an insult just has reasonable concerns due to his highly knowledgeable views on trans healthcare and will be along to set these out. Or he will just like, stop posting. No more with the posting. Also a good option.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

DroneRiff posted:

EDIT: This is the 'Agenda for Change' scale that Nurses/AHPs/Admin Staff use. Can't remember about doctors.

does the word "Change" here denote what their pay amounts to

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I dream of one day someone fixing the forums software so that it shows who has bought avatars

though when they do they should wait a few months before telling us and making it public, just to let some trolls embarrass themselves

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

a large and weirdly shaped enough conk

yes, I think we can all empathise with thi- ah. conk. never mind

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

if this thread were to stop having unproductive arguments and escalating every conflict it would lose its status as a vital object of academic study in the debilitating psychological effects of Britain on the mind. do you hate science

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

ItohRespectArmy posted:

i wouldn't be shocked if the person who bought rumda's new av and twistos were the same person, just trying to stir poo poo.

this is a much better hypothesis to contemplate than the idea that someone, somewhere, actually believes that angry redtext avatar buying makes them look reasonable

like if you're going to spend $10 on changing someone's internet face you could at least try to make an actual joke or something

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

y'all with your "nothing to look forward to". we have the endless fun and joy of the 2021 Holyrood election! will the SNP be the largest party by miles, or will it be Scottish Labour, newly invigorated by their grand new strategy of changing their leader and not really doing much else of any interest? it's anybody's game

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

something i always wondered listening to this, was it not possible to just kick someone out of a ventrilo chat back in the day? i never used it

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

i can't believe i've become a person who actually plays minecraft

still for of zoning out for an hour or two while playing some music in the background it's served its purpose well

i look forward to one day being able to experience real soil and grass and enchanted diamond swords which i use to kill skeletons for experience points. why yes I am holding on well to reality, why do you ask

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

my end goal in minecraft is build a gigantic to-build-limit scale statue of my player avatar directly overlooking the village nearest my initial spawn point, to remind them who's in control

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

the anti-racist facebook group i joined to see what was going on seems a lot more tame at least. there was some impenetrable admin drama several months ago but that's about it. plus some thread where someone came to talk about their kid experiencing racial abuse at school and a bunch of (as far as I could tell) white people telling them to go to the police, which seemed an odd choice for a group founded in the wake of BLM but as a fellow clueless white i didn't feel qualified to weigh in on that can of worms myself

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Josef bugman posted:

I still think "grepped" sounds like it should go alongside "skragged" and "merced" as slang, but thank you for all the information!

going to write an incredibly edgy outdated cyberpunk novel where everyone's really into linux for some reason and put this in, cheers

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

you planning on addressing or apologising for whatever the gently caress you were doing the other day or are you just planning on playing it off like nothing happened

e: and what did that post about nimbys mean I've always wondered

Angepain fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Mar 9, 2021

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

Patrick Freyne, literally every article, never misses

I think many in the UK can empathise with having your grandfather murdered by a clown.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

terf island continues

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56338666

quote:

Part of the census guidance for England and Wales accompanying the question on a person's sex should be withdrawn, a High Court judge has ordered.

Campaign group Fair Play for Women argued the guidance unlawfully allowed "self-identification" as another sex.

The guidance says people can use the sex listed on their passport - which can be changed without a legal process.

meanwhile every trans person will self-id their gender on the form anyway because who's going to stop us, but they got an official proclamation that trans people can gently caress off so a win for them, i guess

you even need a doctor's note to change your passport! it's not even self-id! imagine if facts existed and were paid attention to

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

That does sound bad. Maybe we should stop recording sex on birth certificates.

generally cameras are better suited for the purpose

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Wachter posted:

After a day and half of being forwarded every extremely low effort Meghan and Harry meme in existence, it's good to see the cask aged weird ones reaching maturation

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Comrade Fakename posted:

gently caress off out of this thread Vitamin P, or at the absolute very least never talk about trans issues here ever again. People have memories, you know.

I'm sure this time he'll behave from now on and he won't say anything utterly lovely and never walk it back ever again, unlike the last 5 times. I mean all the trans posters might think they can read him for garbage but that's because they're just jealous of how much better he understands their issues. Best let him stick around and make all the digs at cuck wokescolds he likes.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Didn't even get an original lovely troll, that's the real insult

Oh by the way viewers in Scotland note our census isn't till next year.

spiderbot posted:

I guess I've been using an invalid passport for the past 9 years then, because I didn't need any of those things when I changed it.

I suspect they might have been a bit more lax with their rules a few years ago, before trans stuff became such a Big Story? Good job on sneaking past the gender police, regardless

Borrovan posted:

"please tell us what guests you were illegally entertaining so we can make a note of it, & I guess you can confess to whatever other crimes you're doing as well if you feel like it"

I don't think census data gets shared with law enforcement, they keep it pretty need-to-know. If they did it would be an utterly terrible idea from a statistical perspective, at least.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Ash Sarkar In The Morning is what Britain needs but does not deserve

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

peanut- posted:

I always click on stuff like this and am amazed by the number of replies that think it's real. Like the internet, and particularly Twitter, must be a very scary and confusing place for people who believe everything they see on it so readily.

is it really that implausible that some cheap-and-cheerful greasy spoon place somewhere in london has made an incredibly low-effort "shove some things in a hard tortilla" meal and called it a "taco"? they're probably not asking £30 for it but i can see somewhere serving this at some price

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Random Integer posted:

So are people in the UK just not taught about things like the Mau Mau, the Malay Emergency, the Aden emergency etc etc?

the main thing I remember learning about the british empire was it was very big and it was pink on the maps. they made it pink.

we learned about gandhi once. that might have been in RME though (religious and moral education)

though we did learn about the british role in slavery and triangular trading this one time though. that's... i mean that's something i guess.

keep punching joe posted:

So the Scottish Parliament will pass the 'controversial' hate crimes bill and it has fully broken the mind of Wings (not linking because gently caress that prick).

These days, if you say you hate trans people, you get arrested and thrown in jail.

oh man the ISP folks must be very mad that they set up a transphobia indyref party and didn't even get an endorsement from their hero and saviour

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

the union is saved

https://twitter.com/benrileysmith/status/1370139994900340736

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

The comedy value of 650 MPs trying to squeeze into a chamber with 129 individual separate seats might be worth it though. everyone pretend you would find it really convincing

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

if there was a perfect way to signal to someone that you're not a threat then people that were a threat would immediately start using it to cover themselves. like when people thought wearing a safety pin would show you weren't a racist and then racists just started wearing safety pins. there's still things that are less bad, of course, but the only real solution is to create a world where people don't have reason to live in constant fear.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I was rummaging through some old documents and I near enough spat my drink when i saw I had a certificate from the UKMT

Then i looked down and was disappointed.

i scored the highest in my year for this test thing they gave out so i qualified for the Next Level where put me alone in a room for an hour and gave me an even harder test

i think i got like, some of the way through one of the questions. then i just gave up and stared out the window. my mathletics career was short-lived

e: papa roach have two releases worth of greatest hits?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Brendan Rodgers posted:

I got level 5 in math year 6 and then they asked me to take a level 6, and I couldn't do the first question. I felt really loving dumb, but looking back it's stuff the school had never even mentioned the existence of to me, it was just bait for children with private tutors.

I am dumb but not because of that test.

this is pretty much the impression i got, that the private schools could spend vast resources training up the kids in this specific kind of maths fuckery, but every so often the odd state school kid managed to be such a massive maths prodigy that they had half a chance. which I was not, as it turns out

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Trin Tragula posted:

If it's any consolation, a lot of things that Thick and Stupid Group touch end up going nowhere very slowly because they struggle to write statements that actually evidence any offences for people who should be bang to rights, so look out for the "Mass of inappropriate prosecutions quietly discontinued" story by the end of summer

even if people don't get convicted, there's still having to go through the process of being arrested, which is an intimidation tactic in itself.

on a moderately related note here is a video from the woman who got pinned to the floor. legend

https://twitter.com/counterfireorg/status/1370899755786702849

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

nobody should be outside, ever. it's a bad idea. there's weather out there. and sometimes wasps.