Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Rumda posted:

Na a lot more consensual, less racist, and more queer friendly. The only game that's expressed in rules how I play games in fact is thirsty sword lesbians

I can appreciate why larping in its current form doesn't seem appealing. I know several trans people through larping for whom the hobby was an important part of coming out and exploring who they are, but a lot of larp systems were made in the old days of "dump everyone in a field and wing it, also rip off a bunch of D&D", entirely by physically-able white guys, while newer systems are made by the people who play those games, so a lot of systems are set up for physical contact, lots of movement, basically playing it loosey-goosey with a lot of things and retrofitting game mechanics and company policies to account for the world moving on and the hobby including a lot more people than basic-rear end white guys, when the whole thing needs a fresh look by a new generation.

I've put some idle thought into how a modernised system could work, including how to make a combat system that's fun and involving but entirely non-contact and suitable for people with mobility issues. The entire hobby needs a fresh set of eyes creating the content they want to see, but there's a much bigger investment to get it off the ground than writing or running a tabletop campaign, so we're not there yet at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Can confirm the fudge is selling out fast. Because I just bought some.

I wish to be buried on a bed of Irish Cream fudge.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Oh dear me posted:

It's not regressive, whether or not it's good. Tax thresholds apply to all people above them. The very poorest do not benefit from tax threshold rises at all, which is why those are the Tory/LD preferred tax changes.

The personal allowance is going to be frozen at £12,570, unless you think that anyone earning over £13k is living the high life then it is absolutely and definitely regressive, because it affects the poor in a way that richer people won't notice.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Lol, Troubles 2.0 is ramping up then. Thanks pricks, I can't wait to get my second vaccine and immediately get blown up on my first trip to the Arndale.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Scikar posted:

Sorry, I meant more about Greenwald turning fash rather than the show being such. It's like when he started regularly appearing on Fox instead of blanking them, because he believed he could somehow counteract their propaganda. It's weird and dumb, but not proof in itself that he's now fash.

This is a good, reasoned response where I can tell what the poster is talking about.

Jose posted:

ok so you admit you're a big torture fan

This is not.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

In lighter news, the fudge is here and the apple pie fudge is intensely good.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Fudge and pod in one day? Also my housemate just said he'll be back on Sunday, and I'm not gonna lie, solitude is only so relaxing when you literally can't meet up with anyone, so it's a good day all round.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I'm now being told that the reason being anti-semitic is bad is because Jews obey the law.

Ah yes, the "Asians are good at maths, black people are good at sports" argument, totally good and not at all racist.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Communist Thoughts posted:

Otoh I both appreciate and don't wanna get caught up in the threads bloodlust so I'm not gonna protest too hard

He's getting incredibly abusive over the word 'if', which doesn't even change the context of the relevant post other than making it slightly grammatically clunky. If nothing else he needs a long-rear end timeout.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I liked the old phantom avatar changer better tbh.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Private Speech posted:

It's about the grep command a.k.a. the linux regular expressions parser, presumably found using wrong phrases on some sort of communication log or whatever.

No idea about 6f, I'm curious tho.

Linux wankers as well, that's just magical. :allears: Keep them coming op.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/StefGotBooted/status/1369232428913541121?s=19

The full article is well worth reading, just absolutely savaging the royals and their creepy cultists in every paragraph.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

My neighbour's cat is constantly angling to come in the house, so I get all the cat with none of the responsibility.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Should we have got any census stuff by now? I got a flyer saying that the census was coming and that I should look out for it, but nothing since then.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I think the argument is that actually its too high, because everyone else is waiting years for an appointment so how did those 2 people jump the queue? Like in general its low and bad gut given the actual situation that number should be zero.

It's Schrödinger's clinic, where they are so uncaring and incompetent they they barely get through anyone at all, but are also caring and competent enough to keep perfect records and make sure that those people who do get seen, are seen perfectly in order without exception.

Like it didn't seem remotely unbelievable to me that they would have seen people out of order, and while it isn't right, it also isn't a particularly cast iron argument against the FOI request or Necrothatcher's attempts to clarify it, since everyone is in agreement that they don't seem to particularly give a poo poo.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Oh, no, I'm not arguing with you. Just throwing in my two cents and saying that yes, I can absolutely believe that they would see people out of order, because what about their behaviour gives anyone the impression that they give a poo poo?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Hard tacos are delish and provide a nice, crunchy texture, just bring a napkin and dig in.

Might have tacos tonight myself now, I have some ingredients to eat up that go great in a hard shell taco.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Oh good. So what's a good VPN these days? I should probably get on that.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'm sure one of my YouTube subs will be advertising an ExpressVPN code later on, I'll use one of those I guess.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

- She is not allowed to make an offer on the house she wants to buy without proving that she can buy it NOW (with her own house not yet sold)

As mentioned above, this is what property chains are for, house selling is frequently held up so that everyone in the chain can exchange, complete and move on the same day. You definitely don't need to get a mortgage for the new place if your old house will cover it, otherwise no-one would be able to move to a more expensive house if their current property wasn't able to be factored into the cost.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

In most chains though with younger people, they will be able to wave mortgage 'approval in principle' letters around.
I had to prove I had the money up front because (a) I wasn't selling anywhere and (b) I wasn't able to get a mortgage due to age/lack of income. I did not expect mum who has a house to sell would have to prove the entire sum ALREADY exists without the sale. And at 83 ain't no way she's going to be able to get a mortgage.

If there was another buyer ready to go chain free then I'm pretty sure they were bullshitting you so they had an excuse to get the easy sale while dressing it up in a way that sounds like it wasn't their choice.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Sorry young and healthy people, the vaccine is being delayed for a month due to shortages.

I'm not entirely surprised tbh, just got to keep on trucking.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I definitely wasn't considered a genius, but I was smart enough to coast along with good grades at school, and even in uni I was champion at hitting the library last day and hammering out a solid 2:1 essay on anything you care to mention.

But I had no ability to take charge of my life, did no extra curricular activities or otherwise think about the future, then I was strongly encouraged to do a masters despite feeling serious trepidation about it just because I did pretty well at school and uni, and failed it majorly loving hard. Then I moved up north because family were up there and I had no idea what the gently caress to do with myself, spent a few years in what felt like a haze of nothing, before finally coming to terms with the fact that I needed to work on myself as a long term goal, never mind considering an actual career or anything.

The big problem was that I was academically competent enough to mask a crippling lack of confidence, like I remember crying and sweating because I had to make a phone call when I wanted to order the Time Crisis lightgun bundle for my PS1. I've made big strides there, maybe in a couple of years I'll actually be able to plan out the big life decisions I was expected to be capable of 16 years ago.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Sounds like a good opportunity to develop a fetish for voyeurism. You look that webcam dead in the eye while you do the deed. Whoever is at the other end will know not to gently caress with you.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The talk of side effects makes me antsy, because I rarely feel ill so I basically can't handle it at all when it happens. Who knows though, I might have no particular reaction to the vaccine.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Does anyone even give a gently caress? I feel like appealing to parliamentary procedure is a total lost cause now that politicians can do literally anything without consequence.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Regarde Aduck posted:

So, what's everyone's favorite crisp?

Ricicles.

Wait, wrong food. Anyway, point is I'm still mad about Ricicles.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

kecske posted:

After Christmas 2019 I got a 100gb contract with Three, and in the following collapse of civilisation where I'm either at home on the wifi or at work on the wifi I've used maybe 2 or 3 gb a month lol

That's all I use a month too. I think they changed some of the things that don't count against your allowance, and the result is that I've gone from 10gb a month usage under EE to 2gb with Three.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Be interesting to see what happens with my current phone, my old one was 32gb and constantly having performance issues related mainly to space, but now I have a 128gb Pixel that has run as smooth as butter since day one, and I can't imagine what reason I could possibly have to replace it, unless I break it.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

10am - 3pm is the day for me, I just can't concentrate on work after 3pm, whether I'm in the office or not. Plus, you have time to get other stuff done before dinner instead of loving everything off until the weekend.

I like getting up early, I definitely feel awake and productive when I do, but I can't maintain it. My body wants to sleep from 1am - 9am, and it always has.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Mar 28, 2021

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I quite like the cartoon caterpillar, the actual cake is loving horrifying. Tastes good, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

England is the least sexy country in the world. Whatever other virtues they may have, every accent, fashion, name and slang is focused on making the bearer as unsexy as possible with absolute laser precision. If England was a person it would be Nigel Thornberry.