Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I pretty much only mark the passing of the months by these new threads now.

Also, if you're English, go directly to jail, do not pass Go, do no collect Elgin Marbles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jakabite posted:

I can't believe you got me a new thread for my birthday AGAIN this year

Happy day!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Not gonna read but I'm assuming these 3 firms are flourishing because they sell organs harvested from Windrush grandma's or something, and there's no longer a guy in Brussels tutting at them

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Still miss this guy all the time

https://twitter.com/sispurrier/status/1366319853242617857?s=19

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

0% approval - the most Neutral of all polls

E: lmfao this pic in the replies

https://twitter.com/iedsx/status/1366360569876512771?s=19

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Junior G-man posted:

https://twitter.com/lmharpin/status/1366340780667854849?s=20

Am I reading this wrong or is Unite saying "we defended ours good luck with the rest of the legal proceedings"?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

peanut- posted:

It’s funny that Sarkozy’s gonna do porridge for something that would be considered the normal functioning of the peerage system in the UK.

Well, he gonna be forced to hang out in his mansion for a few months during a global pandemic...

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

josh04 posted:

Hearing that Prince Phillip has been transferred to a better hospital where Doctors have upgraded his condition to "alive".

Made this on Frinkiac earlier and all, but I decided to have lunch instead of posting :colbert:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
What flavours for the Big Phil Memorial Fudge?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

namesake posted:

If you think about it a little harder you'll see that those two facts are related!

Agreed, the destitute should pay themselves more

parishilton_stopbeingpoor.bmp

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
You can just say petite bourgeoisie

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Couldn't someone I dunno sue the government if it turns out they've got no intention of giving the second vaccine? Like wasnt it only approved by regulators or something for two doses?

No, and yes

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
It's kinda both, any irish person would look at that list and instantly know what they're getting at, but yet also they have Murphy and O Brien which combined probably account for 20% of all Irish.

The clip art is fantastic though, you have been visited by the Wizard of Antiziganism, send to 10 followers or your lovely holiday park will lose subscriber

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Ah yes monoatomic mushrooms

Make sure you don't drop them or you'll never find them again

I've had acid which reduced me to a monoatomic state, but never a mushroom

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Yeah I think people would rather watch SAS: Britain's Hardest Family or whatever, and eat crisps while Danny Dyer calls someone a mug for being hospitalized with trenchfoot

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

TheRat posted:

That's a lot of mistakes for someone obviously reading off of a teleprompter. Seems odd to publish it like that.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Rachel Riley is a card-carrying Tory, but the cards all have a single letter or number on them

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Skeletome posted:

Someone in their life story said they moved careers from chef to waiter and responded jokingly 'was the sex change mandatory'

The transphobe brain is always a puzzle, but I don't understand this at all. Like, both chefs and waiters are either gender but stereotypically male... :iiam:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

What the hell is the "large immobile gamete" thing from? I keep hearing it and I have no idea what it means unless you are a big egg and parliament lost the majority of its high profile eggs in the corbyn years.

Requesting modchange to LARGE IMMOBILE GAMETE

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Flayer posted:

Everything to do with the royal family is awful. Every member of it, the fawning press, people who care about it, people who marry into it, people who profit off it by association - fire all of them into the sun and level Buckingham Palace, imo.

Not to let them off the hook in anyway, but I assume the majority of this stuff happens on autopilot from the top -i.e. the various functionary ramoras that effect all the Palace business are empowered to carry out these kind of vicious PR assaults by themselves, or maybe with a vague nod from the Big 'Er Indoors.

Maybe that's the real propaganda I've absorbed though, where anything good is Liz being Wise, and anything bad is some weaselly flunky doing stuff in the background.

Either way, wish them all a happy :thermidor:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
If Megan's interview gets crashed by live coverage of Phil's death it will be funnier than Obama timing the OBL announcement to gently caress with The Apprentice

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jose posted:

funnier than 9/11 derailing the congressional investigation into the US military having trillions of dollars it couldn't account for?

That was good too. Little did they realise how many more trillions were coming their way (or did they?)

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

forkboy84 posted:

Hasn't New Scientist been a bit poo poo for years?

It has

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Leggsy posted:

Call this a "Gibbo" moment but I was watching the Nicola Sturgeon thing on the BBC and partway through it cut to black and then showed some archive footage of what appeared to be Prince Phillip. Maybe someone's hosed up and accidentally pressed the big red obituary button ahead of an announcement?

EDIT: Someone on twitter caught it too: https://twitter.com/PerthshireMags/status/1367139783672291330

Lol that's a big whoops. Definitely looks like they've been told to be prepped to press the red button any time now

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

I'm glad that Easter is canceled this year.

The annual Easter jizz roll always helped the community come together.

E: also the farthest an egg has been thrown without breaking is 323ft, which is kind of mind boggling, nearly a pitch length

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Mar 3, 2021

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Is that record still held by Gary Lineker?

I don't know enough about Gary Linekers jizz, sorry

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

namesake posted:

Can't believe people are exciting about buying boxes which are about 20% chocolate in them by weight. Absolute scam, just buy mini or creme eggs or thin chocolate sheets.

That's why you wait til it's about £10/kg or less, then you strike

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/leftist_agenda/status/1367243565613547522?s=19

No lies detected

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
You can just look at the price sticker and it tells you the price per kg, you don't even need to do any simple division (unless Britain has somehow opted out of this in which case lol)

E: lol Irish fake PM and general oval office Leo has some doubts about The Great British Breakout

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1367392600685174784?s=19

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Mar 4, 2021

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
You gotta have a gimmick I suppose, that applies equally to GG and Jose

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

Sounds like Greenwald went down a similar rabbit hole to Angela Nagle. Is Nagle good now with the Greenwald crew or not?

None if these people have coherent positions anyway, so I think you'd have to take a temperature reading on a daily basis if you actually cared to know.

Forgot that she existed and is a Dubliner though, mortifying for my adopted home

E: 21, the ancestral card game which led to Blackjack and Pontoon, both of which sound like esoteric racial slurs. Probably fash

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Mar 5, 2021

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
The Shadow Over Innsmouth Falmouth

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Johnson seems to be doing a thing where every single day they poke the EU in the eye with something new and then go "does that offend you yeah?" :smugdog: . Unclear whether EU will ultimately be the virgin or chad in this dialectic

https://twitter.com/thejournal_ie/status/1367856752134397955?s=19

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

peanut- posted:

We are through the clapping looking glass. Politics in Britain is now a war of themed claps.

https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/1367845628324249604?s=20

Clapping at less than 30Hz will soon be grounds for getting your passport rescinded

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

crispix posted:

i do wonder though if people are born thick or like, if i hadn't had him as such a close friend, and also had a cousin who is half black, would i have been a thick racist brexit moron too?

I didn't really have much exposure to people who weren't generically white Irish until my late teens and I still ended up relatively normal. Probably took a little too long to realise that the "ironic" racist posting style of the early 00s was just racism tho :smith:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

DickEmery posted:

Obligatory greatest shot in television clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WoDQBhJCVQ

Imagine the immense feeling of power when you nail that clip.

I wanna see the SpaceX version of this where the rocket does a barrel-roll and then immediately detonates

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Aramoro posted:

I know you love to just post twitter links but maybe try to make it somewhat relevant to UK politics? Failing that at least make some tenuous link yourself.

Especially for something as business as usual as this. Which is also being reported everywhere in the real world anyway. Melts gonna melt

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

goddamnedtwisto posted:

David Attenbrough commissioned to show off colour television when he was controller of BBC2 (he also televised snooker because it was cheap and relied on colour) -

I was disappointed to learn that the trivia of Attenborough being responsible for tennis balls being yellow was more of a factoid - apparently he suggested it but it didn't get traction for some years and Wimbledon didn't adopt it til the 80s iirc

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

SpicePro posted:

I think this is the first time I've seen someone use the word 'factoid' correctly, I can't smugly correct you!

:respek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/DavidLammy/status/1368145838921416704?s=19

gently caress off David Lammy but yeah that's a racism, lol. " Are you English or 'different'?"