Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

LordVorbis posted:

poo poo like this is why I see my only option is to remain depressed and continue presenting male. There's literally no help, and I'm not sure I'd have the strength to have the daily fight other trans-women have over,

Solidarity and sympathies, it sucks, it really sucks. I don't know your situation but I will say I bet you are stronger than you think you are. I mean I can only speak for myself but relieving dysphoria made the rest of this mad poo poo, well... not easy but at least more bearable and not transitioning would have been staying in a burning building to keep out of the cold but that's something I only saw clearly afterwards. Please try to find people you can talk to, even if it's just other trans people online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
On the other hand his transphobia is keeping his Islamophobia in check so there's that (+1 for thread ban)

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
That Limmy sketch about spotting a coupla lads in the bar

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Tell customs to release us
My vinyl's stuck in port

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
Reckon that's how it's going to go, more and more though. The next pandemic, climate change... these are the things that are going to take us down, we won't get to live out our last days dying comfortably of old age with a loved one in a cottage in the woods. Its not how it should be, but I feel like it's hopeless. No point saving for the future if you can't save the future.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Regarde Aduck posted:

So should we all just do ourselves in? If not why post this poo poo?

I see a lot of this type of posting but is it for anything other than trying to pass your misery on to others like trying to get rid of a curse?

If you're not planning to go down kicking and screaming you're the reason the left got utterly wrecked. Everyone loves the face to bloodshed meme but no one wants to live it. Endure, cowards.

I'm enduring but like not fretting about not having a loving ISA

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

namesake posted:

Those results are funny but it being open ended and Attenborough being so high means it's more of a 'Name a person you wouldn't mind seeing on TV a bit more' question rather than any deeper meaning.

Unlike the head of state, who... oh

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
Every time I read someone's vaccine side effects I'm thinking about how they compare to mine and then how those compared to my actual covid symptoms. (And then how *those* compared to other people's). I know it probably doesn't work like this but I can't help feel relieved when I see someone who had worse vaccine side effects than me because that feels to me like if they had got Covid it would have been one of those really bad cases? And it's a relief to think they've been saved that. A kind of benevolent shadenfreude, I guess, it's not good anyone's suffering, but at least that means they're safer now and hopefully the side effects are a sign of the kind of bullet they've dodged by doing the right thing.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Oh that's really good news, that was an absolute crime what they did and it looked like they were trying to run out the clock on rebuilding for years.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
Is this just an inevitability of capitalism, or something particular to the UK? Cos its not like any European town doesn't have its share of chains but they'll have their own industry and small traders, and the villages will be actual communities rather than hollowed-out satellites for the rich. I'm trying to understand what they did that we didn't or if they're just going to go this way too, give it another decade

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Failed Imagineer posted:

Keir Starmer to call for a Sex Arse Czar to revitalise this dying industry

Labour boffin heads up sex arse think tank

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

multijoe posted:

Is it Keir Starmer's fault that a considerable part of the public prefer incompetence to competence.

Is it Keir Starmer's fault that a considerable part of this country prefer this country to be much poorer rather than a country that believes in shared prosperity for all

Is it Keir Starmer's fault that a considerable part of this country prefers to look inward rather than outward at the world.

Is it Keir Starmer's fault that a large part of the British media are very deeply compliant with this government.

Is it Keir Starmer's fault that a considerable part of this country preferred to believe the poisoned nefarious narratives about Jeremy Corbyn rather than hear about good old Boris and what he is up to.

Is it Keir Starmer's fault that a considerable part of this country prefers public services to be cut and taxes to be low rather than make sure all our public services are well funded.

Is it Keir Starmer's fault that a considerable part of this country prefers flags, populism and individualism rather than a country that is fairer for all in society.

Is it Keir Starmer's fault that a considerable part of the public prefer oven ready deals rather then trade deals with our former biggest trade partner.

For Christ sake your enemy is not Keir Starmer but those that are in power now.

Get behind him rather than repeatedly criticise him and you might be surprised.

[x]

"Keir Starmer: because it's not his fault you're gullible idiots" is a powerful campaign slogan, NGL.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Ms Adequate posted:

nothing good is ever going to happen, the world is going to mostly die and a few lucky ones will be enserfed to maintain the billionaire compounds, all that remains is to laugh at the maximum chaos that occurs on the way to oblivion.

Solidarity fist bump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Guavanaut posted:

Not directly relevant, but it reminded me of this I saw yesterday.

Each atom of that stone, each mineral flake of that night-filled mountain, in itself forms a world. The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Piers Morgan a miserable oval office who just shits on everyone else instead of achieving any personal progress and in the process becomes more embittered. The anti-Camus.

At every stage of his life the descent of Piers Morgan has been like watching someone scrape through the bottom of barrels of human dignity, as he's gone from hover-handing celebrity "pals", to popularising fabricated war crimes, to becoming a fountain of gleefully ignorant bile, all while slowly morphing physically into the dark universe Keith Chegwin.