Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE

Jose posted:

you're currently a member of a party that is led by a torture supporter

This is a little unfair, Kieth is actually a torture enabler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

bessantj posted:

I wonder if that was the case here, because we found several letters that looked official. Network Rail took them but I'm not sure what they can really do with them.

The police turned up at my neighbour's a few months ago and interviewed her under caution (or some similar official sounding police thing idk) for fly tipping because a box of seaweed snacks with her name & address had been found a few streets away. Fortunately for her she'd requested a refund because it had never been delivered (I suspect a fox nabbed it) but it does at least seem to demonstrate that they take errant seaweed very seriously

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

Jedit posted:

"While we understand that the public believe that nobody is truly safe if the Metropolitan Police have begun raping and murdering white women with no criminal record, we must stress that the incident occurred when the officer in question was off duty."

Is it relevant that he was off duty because if he were on duty the rape and murder would be legally allowable under the new bill? Or is that not yet passed?

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

burn this country to the loving ground

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

why would a rapist and murderer want to join the police? very difficult to understand

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

err they lit a candle? Not sure what more he wants

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

keir starmer weeping in his office rn, desperately sad that he is no longer DPP and cannot let this rapist & murderer off no charges

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

Pistol_Pete posted:

Even the Tory press are all wtf about this. Astonishingly braindead strategy from the Met.

BBC stoically refusing to cover it, even the loving Telegraph has it as the lead

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

Looks like we have the official line from the poo poo party;

https://twitter.com/DavidLammy/status/1370850554176487428

https://twitter.com/NickTorfaen/status/1370847606742642688

We've all learned an important lesson about how the police shouldn't be assaulting women, I personally wasn't sure but hopefully we can learn this lesson for the future maybe, anyway lets check what these fuckers had to say last week while they were eagerly voting to enable precisely this poo poo;

Nick Thomas-Symonds MP, Labour’s Shadow Home Secretary posted:

“The measures in this Bill will be cold comfort to officers who are have been offered a pay freeze in response for their remarkable bravery in this pandemic. While Labour has been calling for a number of these changes, they will not go far enough to tackle violence against officers, which saw attacks on officers rise 50 per cent over the past five years.”

so brave

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

kecske posted:

'lessons must be learned' is absolutely the single most useless platitude in the world

I'll see your lessons must be learned and I'll raise you thoughts and prayers

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

Sadiq is going to have a very serious conversation with Cressida Dick and congratulate her for managing to not execute anyone this time

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

Apraxin posted:

The Met continuing to bring their patented de-escalation skills to bear on the situation:
https://twitter.com/MPFed/status/1371143576579637250

I went to the thing this afternoon and overheard a WPC make precisely this argument to some of the women there; you are putting us in danger by being here and we have the right to do whatever we want as a consequence. They absolutely believe without question that they are beholden to no-one, and they are right. No-one is going to be held accountable for any of it. Nothing will get better; everything will get worse.

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

Trin Tragula posted:

It's a long-held principle in English law that you can't obstruct the police by simply refusing to cooperate with them or refusing to do something; you must take some kind of positive action to criminally obstruct or resist them.

In a few weeks it will be a crime to annoy them. Long-held principles are not worth gently caress all.

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

Wonder what's in the attic

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

Ah yes, perhaps a picture of Andrew's teenage crush

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

Mayer, M., 1966. They Thought They Were Free

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

Jakabite posted:

I expect Liverpool might see scenes similar to Bristol pretty soon.

fun 2 remember

https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/09/police-preparing-for-riots-and-disorder-in-event-of-no-deal-brexit-7928317/

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

We've done all the preparation, seems a shame to waste it

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

Wolfsbane posted:

Labour South West send out a newsletter called "getting back to winning ways", is it worse than that?

e:

"Back to lead" will secure the boomer vote: those brains aren't going to poison themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

incredible how we went from one of the major political parties planning pogroms to perfect racial harmony in just 15 months, what a miraculous land this is

edit turns out it was just that one guy who was institutionally racist all on his own, what a rotter