Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I need some new trainers because the current ones are literally falling to pieces, where's the best place to look that isn't Sports Direct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Failed Imagineer posted:

What flavours for the Big Phil Memorial Fudge?

ouzo

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

The Perfect Element posted:

Last Easter was the greatest Easter ever. The first lockdown had just started, Tesco was deserted, and I bought four huge Lindor Easter eggs on Easter Monday for £2 each. My only regret is that I didn't buy more.

yep

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

namesake posted:

Can't believe people are exciting about buying boxes which are about 20% chocolate in them by weight. Absolute scam, just buy mini or creme eggs or thin chocolate sheets.

hmm would I rather buy a creme egg for 50p or a Lion egg with 2 bars for.... also 50p

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

frenzik

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Comrade Fakename posted:

BTW, I hope this finally puts to bed the discussion about whether or not Glenn Greenwald is a fascist now:

https://twitter.com/KnowNothingTV/status/1367512104140492801

Answer: he is.

I don't know about fascist but he is dumb as all poo poo if he thinks Marine le Pen was running to the left of Macron, let alone Mélenchon

e: and I'm not a member of Labour, before Jose tries to ad-hominem the gently caress out of me too

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Darth Walrus posted:

I mean on the one hand, this is Jose being Jose as usual and the normal etiquette would be to ignore and move on, but on the other hand, this is starting to push really close to literal fascist apologia.

you can't put mods on ignore, ask me how I know

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

LordVorbis posted:

I don't know why we had this the last time, and I still don't know why we give a flying gently caress now. It's like posting that video of Tucker Carlson chasing a guy in the street. Why? Who cares?

it’s because if someone posted a video of Tucker no-one would care but ~for some reason~ any time someone mentions Glenn the thread fills up with posts defending him with the world’s most obvious ad hominems

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
even for the Torygraph there's an impressive level of cognitive dissonance to suggesting that about a quarter of Londoners don't like Sadiq Khan and therefore these are votes Fox could win from Khan

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
why is Vitamin P not threadbanned yet

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Lungboy posted:

Paying for a cat is utterly insane when there are RSPCA and other centres rammed full of them needing good homes.

there's usually still a fee if you're adopting, to cover stuff like microchipping/vaccinations/any other medical stuff

we got a pair though Cats Protection and I think we paid £80, still much better than getting them off Gumtree or wherever

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
enjoying all the people talking about how being accused of racism is the worst allegation the royals have faced, you know as if Andrew being a credibly-accused paedophile wasn't a thing

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Necrothatcher posted:

Also the apparently motiveless cop killer is unusual.

the guy apparently liked whipping his dick out in public, I wouldn't exactly describe him as motiveless

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Keir is probably waiting for his erection to go down

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
my guess is that most of those injuries are bruised fists

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
there are going to be more Labour rebels than there are Tory

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

stev posted:

Pissflaps is a funny reference point and only comes up once a week or so.

literally nothing was or ever will be funny about pissflaps until the day he electrocutes himself to death with his sex robot

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

peanut- posted:

Surely no human being alive has ever paid the actual listed price for a Dominos pizza

no sober one, at least

e: I don't know about Pizza Hut but a Domino's store has an overall ideal food cost of 20% across a whole day's sales

this means that a £20 pizza and sides meal deal might cost £5-7 in ingredients (depending on the sides, chicken wings are more expensive but potato wedges are dirt cheap) but a single large pizza for £15 is about £2-2.50 (most of which is cheese, and some of the meat toppings)

I don't remember all the prices since it's been a long time since I ran a store but I do remember that a case of wedges cost about £12 and worked out to something like 32 portions with a menu price of £3.49 each

(bear in mind though that food cost isn't the only cost, labour should be something between 20-25% if your service is good, there's mileage for drivers, overheads etc. the store I ran had a profit target from our franchisee of 12% which we hit more often than not)

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Mar 17, 2021

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I don't see any way Keith goes without losing a GE and if I'm Boris I want as much time with him as LOTO as possible

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Kin posted:

Potentially stupid question but we just got back from the local shop after picking up a packet of flora but the date on it is from 5 days ago.

It doesn't say if the date is a best before or use by date or anything, so we're not sure if it's safe to eat.

It's flora so we figure dairy based stuff could be risky. Anyone got a clue?

you could take it back, even if you don't have a receipt they'll know you were in today

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
loving hell do we just not have mods ITT any more

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Mebh posted:

Does anyone have any other fun cocktail recipes? I'm really enjoying this whole cocktail shaker thing. Though I've got a load of cream based ones like baileys that don't seem to go with anything except coffee and whipped cream.

if you can make it a flavour of ice-cream you can make a cocktail with it and Baileys:

creme de cacao/chocolate schnapps
coffee liqueur (Tia Maria or Kahlua)
nut-based liqueurs like Amaretto or Frangelico
creme de banane
creme de menthe
the honey Jack Daniels (maybe even mead if you can get hold of some)
Kirsch or other cherry liqueur
butterscotch schnapps
Malibu

and you can combine stuff like Baileys + creme de banane + butterscotch schnapps for a banoffee flavour, or Baileys + Amaretto + cherry brandy for a Bakewell tart

e: once at a house party I attempted to make a mojito but ended up having to make a few substitutions

it was rumgin and sodalemonade and mintbasil and brown sugar

not recommended

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the Mail is going to call a loving fatwah on the guy who suggested that maybe all the boomers jetting off to Marbella as soon as they've had their second jabs was maybe not such a good idea

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
hahahahahahhaa

is there a "PYF forums meltdown" thread?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the Tories heard that somewhere was incredibly corrupt so they had to get in on the action immediately

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
no you see it's not meddling around the world when we send our special forces into other countries on secret missions, because

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Are you suggesting Lord Lebedev didn't get where he was on merit?

that reminds me, I was listening to R4 at some point recently and they had Lord Johnson on to be interviewed

because of loving course Boris gave his brother a peerage and no-one batted an eyelid

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

this is clearly belgian or something, and

no I think it's fafafa fa fafafafa fa French

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
who gives a poo poo about Reddit drama

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Tesla was right posted:

It's probably going to be the new terf talking point, so I'm at least glad I don't have to do my own research.

luckily I don't give a poo poo about terf talking points either

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
psychopaths have trouble forming genuine facial expressions

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Tesseraction posted:

FTR being on the dole

no they're in AEW now

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Regarde Aduck posted:

Only in this country would this not get ratio’d. What are our zoomers doing!

setting fire to Bristol

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
sniffer cat is brought in, completely ignores the suspicious package, curls up in the corner and goes to sleep

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the drunkest I ever got was in Nottingham on a friend's stag do, thanks to jelly shots at Cucamara

I got out of a taxi at a big junction because I was going to puke everywhere (so I've been told, I don't remember a thing) and it drove off because there was a massive queue behind. I still have utterly no idea how I got back to the B&B we were staying in, not knowing what it was called and having never been to Nottingham before so I couldn't give directions

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Convex posted:

Brexiters seek to raise £1m to set up 'neutral' Museum of Brexit

I'm sure the golden, animatronic Nigel Farage statue will carefully explain both sides of the Brexit story between bouts of bogflushing Euro-Hitler

Dudley already has one museum dedicated to a bygone age when ~Britain ruled the world~, it doesn't need another one

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
it's always gratifying when someone who comes into this thread purely for a spot of drive-by trolling is already on my ignore list

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

7% of people don't know what they think about boris johnson

there are more than 20 million people in this country who are apolitical to the extent of not even voting, honestly I'm surprised it's as low as 7%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

I guess you could dope the fudge with plutonium or something and make it so that when you eat it it goes critical.

*Camrath hurriedly scrawls words in a notebook*