Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I love you so much Mathieu :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
I’m getting some les claypool vibes from Kreider with the facial hair dunno why

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

ThinkTank posted:

Sutter sucks so fuckin much

One of the softest players I've seen play for the Pens

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

:siren: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOne :siren:

This would be 5-1 without the offside challenge. Jackets taking out their frustrations on the Wings.

e- Jody Shelley: "What do the Wings' retro jerseys remind you of?"
Jeff Rimer: "Practice jerseys?"

Agreed.

Good to see Atkinson having a bounce-back after an 8% shooting last season. He always whips but I respect him a lot as a player

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
:siren: PALAT

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Now the stars getting stomped is something I can get behind

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

One of the softest players I've seen play for the Pens

Soft as Butter Brandon Sutter.

What's so infuriating is he's viewed as defensively responsible entirely because of who his dad is. If his name was Alexei Glazkov or Emil Henriksson he'd have been laughed out of the league years ago. I can't wait until I never have to see him in a Canucks jerseys ever again.

He cost Aquilini like $25m total and sold exactly zero jerseys with his name on it.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

ThinkTank posted:

Soft as Butter Brandon Sutter.

What's so infuriating is he's viewed as defensively responsible entirely because of who his dad is. If his name was Alexei Glazkov or Emil Henriksson he'd have been laughed out of the league years ago. I can't wait until I never have to see him in a Canucks jerseys ever again.

He cost Aquilini like $25m total and sold exactly zero jerseys with his name on it.

I remember when the Pens traded for him I didn't really know anything about him and saw the 15 goals a year and figured hey this guy is named Sutter and gets 15 goals a year surely he's a decent two-way defensive player.

But, no. He's soft as gently caress and all he's good for is occasionally wiring a wrist shot into the net or getting a breakaway goal. Does nothing else.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

I remember when the Pens traded for him I didn't really know anything about him and saw the 15 goals a year and figured hey this guy is named Sutter and gets 15 goals a year surely he's a decent two-way defensive player.

But, no. He's soft as gently caress and all he's good for is occasionally wiring a wrist shot into the net or getting a breakaway goal. Does nothing else.

my favorite thing about him was when he got traded for Nick Bonino and a better pick than what we sent

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

KFC!

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Jay Beagle sucks so fuckin much

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Five minutes into the second and Carolina-Nashville already in stop-stop-he's-already-dead territory.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

my favorite thing about him was when he got traded for Nick Bonino and a better pick than what we sent

Bonino was terrific as a Canuck, so of course Benning decided to immediately trade him and throw in a good pick as well for Failstobeclearedby Sutter.

Oh the life of a Canucks fan.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

grassy gnoll posted:

Five minutes into the second and Carolina-Nashville already in stop-stop-he's-already-dead territory.

I refuse to accept that someone called Steven Lorentz is a pro athlete and not the Political opinion editor for the Washington Post.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Ginette Reno posted:

Malkin plays so much better with this Guentzel/Rust combination. Sullivan needs to get his head out of his rear end and not force Guentzel with Sid. Sid will do just fine with other linemates.

Sid/Zucker was super grindy o zone pressure combo so no idea wtf Sullivan is doing unless Sid is calling those shots too. Unfortunately still missing a top 6 right winger, but whatever. Need to put some regulation wins up before thinking to hard about it.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
What the gently caress was that goal

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Pens just globe trottering tonight

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Tic tac toe to Cody Ceci? The gently caress

Jimmy Jerkboat
Apr 8, 2009

ThinkTank posted:

Jay Beagle sucks so fuckin much

it'd be great if coaches had a way to deal with players sucking rear end at hockey on the reg

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

ThinkTank posted:

I refuse to accept that someone called Steven Lorentz is a pro athlete and not the Political opinion editor for the Washington Post.

I honestly believe that acquiring Fast and Skjei were partially an attempt to bring Carolina back into hockey name parity with the rest of the league.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Going to jinx it but I've been mostly happy with Ceci. Might be JMFJ ptsd though and that Matheson is far more irritating

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Going to jinx it but I've been mostly happy with Ceci. Might be JMFJ ptsd though and that Matheson is far more irritating

You invoked him

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Flyers 🚮

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Dogshit garbage

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

we did it

we managed to grind out a close win over the ottawa senators

Jimmy Jerkboat
Apr 8, 2009
:siren: drat nice wrister by miller

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Goddamn what a pass

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

What was Holtby doing there?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gently caress Holtby

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
ya blew it Holtby

Jimmy Jerkboat
Apr 8, 2009
holtby so bad

make a decent save then blow it like a chump

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
Now can we fire Benning?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Holtby's only job this season was to be not terrible so Seattle would pick him for the expansion draft.

I don't know if that's happening

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Ah the rare Brayden Point fight.

lmao at Point getting the extra minor for slashing when he ate an elbow to start it all.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

bolts/stars is riveting television

https://twitter.com/DallasStarsDDH/status/1366955792759328768?s=20

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
:science: Three straight Vasy shutouts!

loving hit an open net Killorn you dope

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Please remember

gently caress the Bruins