Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
he was living in the jungle, making cool stuff and getting paid by patreon subs

and then he just stopped making videos

do you think he got killed by a rival tribe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Gasmask posted:

he was living in the jungle, making cool stuff and getting paid by patreon subs

and then he just stopped making videos

do you think he got killed by a rival tribe

I'm guessing he got screwed over by covid travel restrictions.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

he's working on a show, op

https://www.reddit.com/r/PrimitiveTechnology/comments/gscvv8/an_update_on_primitive_technology_and_johns/

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

it's funny, i thought this would be the best time for him to be making lots of content. forced to live in the australia rain forest due to covid.

turns out i think he got a TV show deal and has been busy making stuff for that. he put out a post about it last year. sell out!

e:f;b

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

reignofevil posted:

I'm guessing he got screwed over by covid travel restrictions.

i thought he was in australia which is 99% inhospitable wilderness and 'bush' (australian for jungle). he just had to walk to the bottom of his 'gardy' (australian for garden)

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

turns out a tv show.... was the most primitive technology of them all...

if hes not making tv towers from coconuts and cables out of vines and poo poo then hes a poser big time imho

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i could do all that stuff he does, if i really wanted to. i just don't feel like it right now

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
He's busy building covid vaccine

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
I wonder if they'll ruin the concept with obnoxious commentary or needing a "personality". I miss the videos and just want more of the same because I'm old

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I wanna make clay bricks in a kiln I made in my own back yard but I don't want to look insane to my neighbors

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

I thought someone identified him as in backwoods Georgia by the vegetation, but maybe I dreamt that

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ventral EggSac posted:

I thought someone identified him as in backwoods Georgia by the vegetation, but maybe I dreamt that

no, he's definitely in the pacific somewhere

northern australia has nice thick tropical forests and is super unpopulated, giving you plenty of space to build mud huts in peace

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Ventral EggSac posted:

nah he's said he's in the queensland bush.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Ah ok, thanks. Good for him.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Wasn't he digging a tunnel/cave under his house with no support beams or was that another guy?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
What I liked about this guy is that he made sure to mention he didn't have any social media presence in his video descriptions, so that you could know right away any twitter account or whatever wasn't him and there was nothing out there to follow him on. Just not very often you see someone with an internet presence who actually has a private life, the person in that reddit thread says they contacted him because they were legit was wondering if he was alive.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

FogHelmut posted:

Wasn't he digging a tunnel/cave under his house with no support beams or was that another guy?

another dude entirely, primitive technology guy just did narration-free videos of like stone knapping and cord making and brick firing and all kinds of cool neolithic poo poo

there are a ton of imitators but you know they are fake if they feature another person or any kind of spoken word at all, instead of a guy just living the ancient lifestyle as a hobby

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
Has anyone told him yet that you can just buy bricks and rope and poo poo at the store? He might find that information helpful.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

he got squeezed out of the market by a bunch of imitators from india and southeast asia who were willing to spend 90 hours a week digging underground swimming pool complexes for $10 a day in YouTube AdSense

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
people with guns came and enslaved him

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

he died of massive radiation exposure when his uranium centrifuge made from bones and rocks exploded. rip

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
a more advanced civilization edged him out of existence

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

died of an illness caused by his unnatural settled lifestyle

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Hilario Baldness posted:

a more advanced civilization edged him for like 19 hours and he cummed until he died

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
he is simply too primitive now.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Dude made probably like 2 million dollars from his youtube videos and now likes in a mud mansion instead of a mud hut.

Its the best kind of youtube success story, where a dude just makes some great videos that capture people imagination instead of being some hacky internet personality who calls themself a "content creator."

Caesar Saladin fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Mar 4, 2021

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
I hope he doesn't speak / narrate during the show.. but the chances of that are slim. Or maybe have someone else narrate.

Once i discovered he had CC enabled for the "narration", it was life changing.

And how was he so pale?!!

Caesar Saladin posted:

Dude made probably like 2 million dollars from his youtube videos and now likes in a mud mansion instead of a mud hut.

Its the best kind of youtube success story, where a dude just makes some great videos that capture people imagination instead of being some hacky internet personality who calls themself a "content creator."

It's kind of nice to imagine that he would be out there doing that stuff anyway, and then one day one of his bros was like hey, film this.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

I feel like i remember him announcing that he wrote a book, anyone pick that up? Was it good?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

The show should be about the guy suddenly having to use futuristic advanced technology he'd be so confused. He'd probably think a computer was like, a very advanced loom or something

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=remr6Na_hD8

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

At some point he is going to have caught up to modern times, there are only so many videos he can make.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

his primitive society got colonized by the television nationstate

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
He got crushed by an exquisitely made stone obelisk

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Bear Grylls drank his pee

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Ventral EggSac posted:

Bear Grylls drank his pee

wtf bear grylls went all the way to australia to drink this guys piss? during covid??

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Gasmask posted:

i thought he was in australia which is 99% inhospitable wilderness and 'bush' (australian for jungle). he just had to walk to the bottom of his 'gardy' (australian for garden)

Please stop this

We dont have bears, courgars, wildcats, coyotes, any large dangerous poo poo. Like the US does.

Its just bugs and heat, and thats generally far out of town.

Yeah its generally inhospitable if you leave the coast and go deep past all the farmland or real far up north, which then becomes kinda tropical eventually.

The Australia is dangerous thing is such a sad overwrought lie

Halloween Liker fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Mar 5, 2021

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
People who live in the jungle get killed in the jungle, by the jungle

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Those isolated tribes who throw spears at airplanes are actually really nice altruistic people and if we could hear them they'd be screaming "go back you idiots, this jungle loving SUCKS!"

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lol that the guy who spends most of his free time crappin in the woods is named "John Plant"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
My john plant died of flatus