Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Can't lose a tie!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Popete posted:

Hi I'm Popete and I like to play baseball

I don't post a lot anymore in the MLB threads but this was awesome Popete, thank you!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Also, it's a bit late but I finally got around to hanging this up in my office:

Re-reading about that failed suicide squeeze, I forgot Ron Washington got ejected arguing that pitch, as it it called a ball because he thought it was unfathomable that a batter would pull the bat back like that lmao

Ok I want this

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I read a recap of the Mariners' expected Opening Day lineup and I cannot figure out why they are sticking with the six man rotation.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

DH for everyone. Yes, even you.

:emptyquote:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Nine years ago today I made a joke that came true. (Archives required)

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Poque posted:

Bring it to Wrigley

It's going to Texas or a state that has 100% capacity open, I guarantee.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

How many people reading this thread watched a game live in 1970 and actually remember it? Not a YouTube recording but actually were at a game? I bet the number is pretty close to 0 and a lot of this is nostalgia for a bygone age.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

bawfuls posted:

I think there is a reasonable argument for more balls in play without appealing to nostalgia.

Totally but overcorrection is what I am seeing some people wax poetically for, instead of a staged change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Mariners went 1-1 vs LAD in two 1 run games. Cool!