Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Chief McHeath posted:

I think what's being overlooked is that a lot of players are using axe handle bats and not axe bats

Successfully cleaving a ball in half results in a home run. Ball halves must be similar size.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

R.D. Mangles posted:

https://twitter.com/BNightengale/status/1368659821906391040?s=20

i liked underwood, but how can i say no to Shendrik Apostle.

Solid baseball name and I hope he gets plenty of announcer puns on dingers.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

habeasdorkus posted:

I am definitely going to a game this year once i am properly vaxxed up. Probably not before the ASB tho.

Friendly bit of vaccine news: keep an eye out. Missed appointments are common and they give shots out to anyone to avoid them expiring. A local shot shack might even have a call in list for no shows. It's not immoral since that jab needs to go in an arm immediately else it goes in the trash. Places all across the country (especially the chudlands) are moving up the rollout groups because of huge drops in demand.

Idaho, for example, opens up 44+ next week I believe. This week was basically anyone with a job involving being around customers or manufacturing.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Shiroc posted:

People asserting this will never not be weird to me. Safeco is so utilitarian. Seattle doesn't have much of a skyline, which you can't see from most of the seats in the stadium and you have about the worst angle on it anyway.

The stadium itself is really neat. Shame it doesn't give a sweet shot of Rainier.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

seiferguy posted:

Seattle's functions more like an Umbrella than a roof, so even when closed it still feels like you're outside.

I haven't been to a lot of stadiums yet, but overall my experience has been T-Mobile Park has been the best. Just an overall comfortable experience, a lot of food places inside to choose from, semi-decent entertainment between innings, and good places to eat around the area.

It's still hard to beat the Nagoya Dome's burger, beer and fries for 1000 yen though!

I learned mac n jacks made different beer there.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Inspector_666 posted:

Joc seems way cooler than Kyle anyway.

I also keep forgetting that Opening Day is April 1st, which is also the day I will be getting my second vaccine dose :toot:

April fool's! It's a needle full of heroin.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

They couldn't stand being so thoroughly owned by Jose Canseco.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

R.D. Mangles posted:

the American People deserve a Javier Baez bounceback season.

The american people do not deserve nice things so this is doubtful.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Poque posted:

That's really scary. Coworker had the same thing happen - her kid was fine but she broke her ankle into a million pieces and was gone for awhile.

As a parent of a small child, I completely understand this and would also contort myself past the injury point to ensure child comes out ok.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sydin posted:

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/1376686261767966729

The Cubs' extension offer to Rizzo was 5/70. :lol:

He gone.

Me, ugly crying into my rizzo jersey.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Tony Phillips posted:

Thanks for the reminder. Locked in for some sad rear end Mariners again.

In non-pandemic times, they should give out tickets to Seattle area t mobile customers instead.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Lol if you don't expect them all to be chuds

Antivaxx isn't limited to chud though. It's a plague that knows no political affiliation only antiscience.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Wind will be blowing in at 16 mph tomorrow during the game.

Isn't that exactly how Kyle likes it?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hahaha hahaha hahaha this owns.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sydin posted:

https://twitter.com/nickgroke/status/1378221980147609602

Ah yes, it is time to reward the Rockies for uh... paying $50M to dump Arenado's contract and destroying any last shred of goodwill they had remaining with their fanbase.

More importantly, will Coors help the home run derby have more dingers?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

What the heck is going on in that reds/cards series?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

R.D. Mangles posted:

What's the deal with the 6:40 starts for cubs night games

I assumed it was because there was a sinclair news broadcast from 6:00-6:30 so the ricketts bumped the Cubs to 6:40.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

R.D. Mangles posted:

Early in the season, the only Cubs reliever who is good appears to be Craig kimbrel.

Chafin seems ok and he looks like a grizzled union guy who gives zero shits.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I really want Chafin to be decent. His style owns.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sheesh normal newly single men in a midlife crisis buy a sports car or motorcycle.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Apparently the Red Sox travel with this industrial laundry conveyer and whenever someone hits a home run they get a free ride in it around the dugout. :3: It was hard to snap a good shot but this was after Devers' dong.

Is this a new thing? I feel like totems like this or the Cubs waffle iron are newish. Footballs had them for a few years. We need more of these honestly.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Timby posted:

Dexter Fowler is out for the season after tearing his ACL. That might be enough for him to call it a career.

Dex :smith:

So sad :smith:

He's such a good person.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sydin posted:

They legitimately look like the worst team in baseball right now. Maybe the A's look worse, but they've actually had to play good teams to start the season.

We're witnessing the darkness recede. The planet is healing.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Glad he's succumb to cubsposting on the field.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Bird in a Blender posted:

The only upside to this season is how so many guys can be moved at the deadline. Now to see if the Cubs gently caress it up.

Cubs will move everything for a few cans of Goya beans and a pillow from the pillow guy.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

GalacticAcid posted:

Wasn't their plan this past weekend, my cub son.

Get the Cubs level of losing. Sheesh pirates can't do anything right.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hoyer'll call him tomorrow.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is there a theory as to why Baez has fallen off so hard since 2019?

His plate discipline is all over the place and pitchers know this. Probably doesn't help that the entire team lives and dies by the launch angle.

Can players view previous at bats mid game anymore? I knew he'd watch those to help adjust but couldn't in 2020.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

seiferguy posted:

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1384377926947196929

This is going to end beautifully my friends, and you cannot convince me otherwise

We'll be here for you when you need us, friend.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

SAS is surely going to turn on Bryant now.

Never. Kris Bryant is a hero of the people.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

This makes me sad.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

It's now canon that he did this on purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Cubs offense is gaslighting.