Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Killer_B
May 23, 2005

Uh?
I'm just wondering, is there still a noticeable coin/change shortage in the USA?

I'm aware that some months back, plenty of retail stores, and eventually even banks were definitely limiting (or even refusing) to return actual change.

Reason for the question, mostly it's because I rent, with no in-unit laundry...And of course, all the laundry machines in the building are quarters only.

As to whether my situation is financially wise, well, that's a different question I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m0therfux0r
Oct 11, 2007

me.
I have a coin operated washer/dryer in my apartment building and have been going to the local laundromat and getting quarters for it when I run out throughout the entire pandemic, even when there have been signs at every store asking for exact change if possible because of coin shortages. I haven't seen any signs like that in months, so I can't imagine it would be *worse* than when they were up now.

(If someone thinks I'm an rear end in a top hat for doing that, I don't really have any other option- I really don't live near any bank branches that would make change for me.)

PitViper
May 25, 2003

Welcome and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart!
I love you!
My work was limiting coinage in the cash drawers, but stopped probably.... 3 months ago? We still have all the signs up, but we haven't had issues getting the proper amount of change from our cash deliveries.

Might vary in different areas of the country I guess. But from what I can tell it appears to be easing up.