Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

He knows what he did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Cubone posted:

[checking the room for secrets/easter-eggs] "there's got to be a way to get that door open! I wonder if those control panels will help."

[squat-walking under every desk] "there MUST be some way to open it. maybe it's the control panels. I bet the door lock is connected to one of those control panels."

[trying to jump on the lights] "if I use the control panels, I should be able to open the door. I should check the control panels. I should see if the control panels can open it."

lmao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Cubone posted:

[checking the room for secrets/easter-eggs] "there's got to be a way to get that door open! I wonder if those control panels will help."

[squat-walking under every desk] "there MUST be some way to open it. maybe it's the control panels. I bet the door lock is connected to one of those control panels."

[trying to jump on the lights] "if I use the control panels, I should be able to open the door. I should check the control panels. I should see if the control panels can open it."

lmfao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Cubone posted:

lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

He knows what he did.

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Cubone posted:

lmao

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Cubone posted:

lmao

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Cubone posted:

[trying to jump on the lights]

lmao

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Cubone posted:

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

I hate when you get blitzed by random encounters inside a puzzle area and you can't remember wtf you did/were going to do.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I really appreciate Bolverkur’s lust for noob blood while I’m not able to keep as much of an eye on the forums as usual :hai:

this thread is a perfect honeypot lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Frenz posted:

I hate when you get blitzed by random encounters inside a puzzle area and you can't remember wtf you did/were going to do.

50% of my time spent dungeon crawling in overhead perspective jrpgs is getting into an random encounter and afterwards walking in the wrong direction for a while because i forgot where i was going

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

mycophobia posted:

50% of my time spent dungeon crawling in overhead perspective jrpgs is getting into an random encounter and afterwards walking in the wrong direction for a while because i forgot where i was going

as a gamer, i have an incredible sense of direction in real life exactly due to problems like this. this gamer pet peeve makes you incredibly powerful.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Cubone posted:

Ugh the worst

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Bolverkur posted:

as a gamer, i have an incredible sense of direction in real life exactly due to problems like this. this gamer pet peeve makes you incredibly powerful.

I can get anywhere as long as the minimap rotates with me

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Cubone posted:

psychonauts 2 feels

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I can get anywhere as long as the minimap stays still and doesn't rotate with me.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
One thing that I thankfully don't experience often these days is when, in a game that doesn't allow you to jump or climb wherever/whenever you want, you can't step over a tiny ledge. As in, one that's smaller than a step on a staircase.
Like, if you're going up a ramp and want to cut the corner at the very top, instead of running over it there's an invisible wall, so you need to go 100% up the ramp before turning left or right.

Probably not explaining it very well, but you know what I mean! Always annoying when games don't let you step/clamber over tiny ledges or gaps, forcing you to go the long way.

Cubone posted:

hahaha yep, absolutely this :D

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

CyberPingu posted:

It's weird. I did a run on Professional recently and it's actually insane how much ammo and money you get in that game. I wasn't even being particularly conservative with my ammo and was trying to kill everything I came across and I never felt like I was going to run out.

Pro nixes the adaptive difficulty entirely, it's just set to the maximum the entire time. Every time I play pro enemies seem to drop money like 80% of the time but there's enough set ammo to get by for sure.

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Cubone posted:

lol

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Arrhythmia posted:

I can get anywhere as long as the minimap stays still and doesn't rotate with me.

There was a dungeon in KQ5 that rotated with the players perspective. And was the only tile set in the whole game to do this and it really messed with your perception of where to go.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

There was a dungeon in KQ5 that rotated with the players perspective. And was the only tile set in the whole game to do this and it really messed with your perception of where to go.

https://youtu.be/QxtmxivtsN0

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

aagh

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

when the game won't let me invert the horizontal axis

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

jesus christ

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Thanks....

At least in this game every room does this so I guess eventually you might get used to it.

The KQ5 one you had no idea what was going on and coupled with the fact that it was the same dungeon you had gone through earlier that didn't do that gimmick totally hosed you around.

Also it had the obligatory Sierra poo poo of "if you get lost for long enough you die"

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

slamming into an object too small to see behind your katamari, but too large to roll up

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Nostradingus posted:

slamming into an object too small to see behind your katamari, but too large to roll up

I hate when games do this

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

In SMT: when it takes so long to find a fusion partner for a demon that the result is too low-level to be worth it. also when you need to fuse two demons with all their awesome skills but the result can't make use of any of them (e.g. a bunch of healing/magic + pleromas for a phys-type with low mp.)

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
I'm just a few hours into smt 3 and every time I exit a door I go the wrong direction I wish the camera pointed head on and not behind. I'll get used to it at some point. Played too much botw and dqxi I guess

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Frenz posted:

In SMT: when it takes so long to find a fusion partner for a demon that the result is too low-level to be worth it. also when you need to fuse two demons with all their awesome skills but the result can't make use of any of them (e.g. a bunch of healing/magic + pleromas for a phys-type with low mp.)

Oh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

this is sick

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Sep 14, 2021